Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by Sparko »

MAGA internal voice: "Trump will surely notice me and reward my loyalty and aggression!"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:39 am MAGA internal voice: "Trump will surely notice me and reward my loyalty and aggression!"
Fitting that this is EXACTLY what my moments-ago post on 2024 was basically about.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., on Sunday suggested that some protesters calling for a cease-fire in Gaza could be linked to Russia and urged the FBI to investigate.

In an interview with anchor Dana Bash on CNN's State of the Union, the former House speaker said, without offering evidence, that she believed some protesters are connected to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The congresswoman's comments came in response to questions about whether she was concerned about challenges to organize Democrats given voters' anger over President Biden's support for Israel in its war against Hamas in Gaza and his refusal to call for a cease-fire.

"What we have to do is try to stop the suffering and gossip," Pelosi said. "This is women and children. People don't have a place to go. So let's address that."

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), a Muslim advocacy organization, condemned Pelosi's comments as "unsubstantiated smears" that the group said echoes messaging meant to dehumanize Palestinian people.

"We are deeply disturbed by Former House Speaker Pelosi's comments," CAIR's national executive director Nihad Awad said in a statement. "Rep. Pelosi's claim that some of the Americans protesting for a Gaza ceasefire are working with Vladmir Putin sounds delusional and her call for the FBI to investigate those protesters without any evidence is downright authoritarian."
https://www.npr.org/2024/01/28/12274875 ... ers-russia
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i can’t believe we’re going to war with iran, rather than exercising patience and restraint

oh, wait…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:13 am i can’t believe we’re going to war with iran, rather than exercising patience and restraint

oh, wait…
Has reddit given Q his analysis on the Iran situation yet? Just want to make sure I didn't miss anything.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

except these actions are hardly erratic and impulsive, but you know that
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Man, if Biden’s actions in this thread are, like, the antonyms of erratic and impulsive, I’m just not sure that makes the actions any better.

Just not sure that pushing us collectively closer and closer to World War 3 is OK as long as his push is *checks thesaurus* predictable and premeditated?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

You don't think the attack on our soldiers was what is pushing us closer to WW3?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:36 am You don't think the attack on our soldiers was what is pushing us closer to WW3?
He is incapable of having any analytical thought about any international relations besides the USA = the bad guy

That's my one post and now I will retire again from this thread.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

actually, I’d be more than willing to make the effort toward analytical thought about the U.S. as more than the “bad guy.”

In fact, I think analytical thought requires us to avoid settling into the guy bad guy sorts of narratives.

But I do have concern that much of the world does think of us, and/or of our militancy, as the stuff of bad guys - particularly in the Middle East.

Yes, I do think the attack on our soldiers was part of what is pushing us closer to WW3.

But I think the U.S. maintaining a military presence in Jordan or wherever, and across the Middle East, is part of what is pushing us closer to WW3 as well.

If we killed Iranian soldiers who happened to be deployed in like Mexico, the narrative would very much be just why the fuck Iran had soldiers in Mexico. And yet…

So the question also looms of, just what the fuck our own soldiers and military bases and tax dollars are doing in places like Jordan?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

JFC. Do you really not understand why we have military bases around the world in various places?

You're just not educated enough to engage in these types of discussions you seem to crave so badly.

Those paragraphs read like something a 4th grader would type on a report about current events around the world.

I think you'd be better off pondering these things internally than seeking to convince others on your enlightened state.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:14 pm except these actions are hardly erratic and impulsive, but you know that
Based purely on the letter after his name. Got it.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m still waiting for the escalation in Taiwan.

And how China is some big scary imperial boogeyman whose boogeys will surely spread like dominoes falling across the entire world if we don’t keep pumping weapons to those freedom-and-democracy loving Taiwanese folks.

Put the Taiwan flags on your bumper stickers and put #StandWithTaiwan in your tweets!

Not that this will be *anything* like the other proxy wars.

And not that the average American could find Taiwan on a map.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:43 am I’m still waiting for the escalation in Taiwan.

And how China is some big scary imperial boogeyman whose boogeys will surely spread like dominoes falling across the entire world if we don’t keep pumping weapons to those freedom-and-democracy loving Taiwanese folks.

Put the Taiwan flags on your bumper stickers and put #StandWithTaiwan in your tweets!

Not that this will be *anything* like the other proxy wars.

And not that the average American could find Taiwan on a map.
It didn't seem possible, but ousdahl's posts about American foreign policy seem to only get better and better, with time.
Derek Cressman
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

CEASEFIRE

Ceasefire now!
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Biden needs to grow a pair, send over the B-52 bombers and drop some daisy cutters on those Houthis who keep prancing around in their night shirts while waving around their AK rifles. It’s getting annoying having to bat away their missles like gnats at a bbq.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

dolomite wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:53 pm Biden needs to grow a pair, send over the B-52 bombers and drop some daisy cutters on those Houthis who keep prancing around in their night shirts while waving around their AK rifles. It’s getting annoying having to bat away their missles like gnats at a bbq.
If there's anything we should have learned from the Vietnam war and/or from GWB and the neocon-inspired invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, it's that defeating the motivated inhabits of another country, in their own country, is fraught:

Nov 15, 2002 Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld...rejected concerns that the Iraq war would be a quagmire.

"The idea that it's going to be a long, long, long battle of some kind I think is belied by the fact of what happened in 1990," he said on an Infinity Radio call-in program.

He said the U.S. military is stronger than it was during the Persian Gulf War, while Iraq's armed forces are weaker.

"Five days or five weeks or five months, but it certainly isn't going to last any longer than that," he said...
Derek Cressman
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

We’ll see in just a short time what Biden has planned for a payback for the loss of our soldiers.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan