Sports Gambling

You Love It.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Sports Gambling

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

NOT Guttered!
NICE!

Good start to the day. Bet a 20 cent Exacta and Trifecta at Hong Kong and hit them.
Put the 2 on top. 2 went off at 16-1 odds. The place horse went off at 34-1 odds.
Exacta paid $52. Trifecta paid $462.
Lunch on me today.

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'll have a hamburger with cheese then please.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:25 am NOT Guttered!
NICE!

Good start to the day. Bet a 20 cent Exacta and Trifecta at Hong Kong and hit them.
Put the 2 on top. 2 went off at 16-1 odds. The place horse went off at 34-1 odds.
Lunch on me today.

The family of a friend of mine ran horses for a long time at Canterbury Park near Minneapolis. He told me something that has worked out nicely over the years.

Most booklets you'll get at a track will indicate which horses are on Lasix (a drug that prevents respiratory bleeding, that also has a performance-enhancing effect).

The booklets will probably ALSO indicate which horses are on their very first course of Lasix. If you know nothing else at all about horses, bet on the ones on their first course of Lasix. The preventative effect is pretty durable, but the performance-enhancing effect diminishes over a number of courses of the drug.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:12 pmThat's terrible.
They offered a much better one this week. A (lost) $10 bet on D'Angelo Russell to hit the first 3 in Celts/Lakers netted me a $35 bonus bet that credited this morning.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:22 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:25 am NOT Guttered!
NICE!

Lunch on me today.

The family of a friend of mine ran horses for a long time at Canterbury Park near Minneapolis. He told me something that has worked out nicely over the years.

Most booklets you'll get at a track will indicate which horses are on Lasix (a drug that prevents respiratory bleeding, that also has a performance-enhancing effect).

The booklets will probably ALSO indicate which horses are on their very first course of Lasix. If you know nothing else at all about horses, bet on the ones on their first course of Lasix. The preventative effect is pretty durable, but the performance-enhancing effect diminishes over a number of courses of the drug.
Thank you for the tip! Many sites (and "books" at the track) will indicate which horses are on Lasix with an (L) next to the horse's name and an (*L) if it's their first race on Lasix.
Just because.... I am going to find a mild long shot today that's running its first race on Lasix and bet on it because we shared this interaction.
Coincidently, I just looked and the #3 and #5 horses at Gulfstream in the 1st race are first time Lasix.
I'm not going to bet on either but I will look for one later.

I miss Appy!
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I've been seeing those ( JJ's THREESDAY ) but haven't played - my younger bro played but hit on his first 3 ( Steph Curry ).

Last night I bet on the Lakers ML around the end of the 3rd quarter at -170.
That's the advantage with live betting - the books are just using complete analytics for how much a team should be favored at that point based on the original line.

I looked at Tatum and Brown casually walking around and jacking 3's.
I looked at Porzingis not jumping at all for rebounds.
Celtics weren't coming back.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:23 am I'll have a hamburger with cheese then please.
I can/will send you one in a FedEx box if you would like. Might not be a bad science experiment if nothing else.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:32 am I've been seeing those ( JJ's THREESDAY ) but haven't played - my younger bro played but hit on his first 3 ( Steph Curry ).

That's the advantage with live betting - the books are just using complete analytics for how much a team should be favored at that point based on the original line.

Lakers went from +12 to +14.5 on FanDuel. Idiot me got suckered away because I allowed the line change to influence me. No, I wasn't going to bet on the money line but I liked the Lakers + the points. Meanwhile, I put Wisconsin -1.5 in a parlay. Looked good up 50-37 with about 13 minutes to go in game.
Nope. GUTTERED.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:39 am
pdub wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:32 am I've been seeing those ( JJ's THREESDAY ) but haven't played - my younger bro played but hit on his first 3 ( Steph Curry ).

Lakers went from +12 to +14.5 on FanDuel. Idiot me got suckered away because I allowed the line change to influence me. No, I wasn't going to bet on the money line but I liked the Lakers + the points. Meanwhile, I put Wisconsin -1.5 in a parlay. Looked good up 50-37 with about 13 minutes to go in game.
Nope. GUTTERED.
Right there with ya. $31.67 in United States currency washed away, those Badger assholes.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’ve found if DK is giving a boost on a game with a heavy-ish fave you should alt line a touch the dog.

It’s worked four times for me so far and will again if Butler covers 12.5 ( alt from 9.5 ).
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:50 pm I’ve found if DK is giving a boost on a game with a heavy-ish fave you should alt line a touch the dog.

It’s worked four times for me so far and will again if Butler covers 12.5 ( alt from 9.5 ).
I almost used that boost to bet Butler to win ML....then chickened out. Oops.

Worked for you. Didn't even need to tease the line.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No.
Shoulda left it 9.5.

Using a boost today on KU +2.5, Dajuan 9+, Dajuan .5 3s.
And KU ml, Kevin 12, Furphy 8, Dajuan .5 3s.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

GUTTERED!!!!!
2nd race UAE
Gutter bet a trifecta. 11 over 1,4,5,10,12,13, over all.
11 went off at 15-1 and won. 2 horse came in 2nd (I didn't put in in the key) and was 99-1 and 15 came in 3rd and was 99-1.
In theory, that Trifecta should have paid at least $147,000 for $1.

Shit I did hit/win
Trifecta at Sandown (UK) with an even money horse that won, a 7/5 horse that came in 2nd, and a 14-1 horse that came in 3rd.
Paid a whopping $19.50

Superfecta (and Trifecta) at Turffontein (ZA) for 10 cents. Finished with an even money on top, 2-1 second, 37-1 3rd, and 10-1 4th.
Super paid a whopping $56.25
Tri paid a whopping $13.35
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don’t understand horse racing.
Did you win or loose?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I wish I didn't understand horse racing. Dangerous game for undisciplined and not smart gamblers. Which is what I am. If you are disciplined and smart, there is decent money to be made.

I lost the race at UAE.
I won the Superfecta and Trifecta at Turffontein.
I won the Trifecta at Sandown.
Wagered about $80 total, hit two trifectas and a superfecta, and made a total profit of $10.
I shouldn't complain.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Just hit the Superfecta and Trifecta in the 7th at Turffontein.
1 went off at 4/5 (was 4/5 in the program)
6 went off at 18-1 (was 21-1 in the program)
8 went off at 7/2 (was 21-1 in the program - obviously bet down A LOT)
2 went off at 6-1 (was 5-1 in the program)
I'm waiting to see the payouts. I'm going to guess I get back less than I bet. I bet about $50 on the race.

* Paid more than I thought.
Didn't realize I had the exacta too.
Exacta paid me $3.86
Trifecta paid me $22.11
Superfecta paid me $99.55
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Dajuan hit one more three please and all the cheeseburgers are on me
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well Harris you didn’t do it but still:
THANKS JAYHAWKS!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Harris not shooting a wide open 3s multiple times prevented me from a LOT but still KU dogs got me 67 bucks profit.

You take it but goddamn Harris.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

He only passed up 2 3s. At most. And one almost resulted in a layup/dunk.