Chiefs Offseason 2024

Kansas Football.
DeletedUser

Re: Chiefs Offseason 2024

Post by DeletedUser »

He's entitled to feel however he wants about those issues, but what a weird time/place to go into stuff like that.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:10 pm He's entitled to feel however he wants about those issues, but what a weird time/place to go into stuff like that.
^^^

Although, the commencement address at a religious college seems like just the place to go into some of it.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Shirley wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:32 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:10 pm He's entitled to feel however he wants about those issues, but what a weird time/place to go into stuff like that.
^^^

Although, the commencement address at a religious college seems like just the place to go into some of it.
Definitely the target crowd. 🙄
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He’s a moran.
But those calling for him to be kicked off the team for stating his opinion are also ( though likely not as quite ) morans.

And yes—lol to giving that speech there to women who just worked years to get where they are. You can be a proud mother and have an occupation too, Butker.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Shirley wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:37 pm Not sure if this will impact his future with the Chiefs, but Harrison Butker has some beliefs that aren't likely to be very popular with many Chiefs fans. I definitely think it will have a negative effect on how the general public and non-Chief NFL fans view our Chiefs.

Chiefs Harrison Butker criticized a range of social and political issues
My bad!
I should have realized I could probably find something about it on this thread and because I am a dumbass, I posted about it on the NFL (and not Chiefs) offseason thread.

What I said on the other thread.....

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns » Tue May 14, 2024 7:17 pm

Any feelings about Harry But's commencement speech?

My feelings are, I may not agree with what he said, but he was speaking to a specific audience and catering to them.
He's been getting a lot of shit for what he said. I'm wondering if he is getting as much praise.
One thing that's undeniable, he was divisive, and he knows it and I can't help but wonder if his teammates have any strong opinions.
My two cents, he's pretty much a dilwad but whatever works for him - great.
Just please don't bring that shit to me.

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns » Wed May 15, 2024 6:19 am

A man of faith. Good. I have ZERO problem with that.
A man of faith who picks and chooses what he feels HE should and shouldn't adhere to while telling others what THEY should and shouldn't adhere to, I have a BIG problem with that.

I say that being..... I find many people of faith rightfully picking and choosing what is important and not important to them. Fine, to each their own. Just don't be a fucking hypocrite about it while preaching to others what YOU feel THEY should and shouldn't do.

I say that being....
Hey Harry - Should you kill yourself or should someone else kill you?
I'm asking because if you truly are a man of faith and feel what the Bible tells us is the "word/s of God", Exodus 35:2 just called and told me to tell you hello.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The problem with religion is that eventually its adherents put words into the mouth of gods and wound incessantly the innocent. It becomes simply another power dynamic and has no relation to scripture. It is just another way to exert dominance in a cage.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

^^^^ lotta truth there
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:01 am The problem with religion is that eventually its adherents put words into the mouth of gods and wound incessantly the innocent. It becomes simply another power dynamic and has no relation to scripture. It is just another way to exert dominance in a cage.
KUTradition wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:19 am ^^^^ lotta truth there
^^^

"You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do."

Anne Lamott
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:15 am
Shirley wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:37 pm Not sure if this will impact his future with the Chiefs, but Harrison Butker has some beliefs that aren't likely to be very popular with many Chiefs fans. I definitely think it will have a negative effect on how the general public and non-Chief NFL fans view our Chiefs.

My bad!
I should have realized I could probably find something about it on this thread and because I am a dumbass, I posted about it on the NFL (and not Chiefs) offseason thread.

My feelings are, I may not agree with what he said, but he was speaking to a specific audience and catering to them.
He's been getting a lot of shit for what he said. I'm wondering if he is getting as much praise.
One thing that's undeniable, he was divisive, and he knows it and I can't help but wonder if his teammates have any strong opinions.

A man of faith who picks and chooses what he feels HE should and shouldn't adhere to while telling others what THEY should and shouldn't adhere to, I have a BIG problem with that.

I say that being..... I find many people of faith rightfully picking and choosing what is important and not important to them. Fine, to each their own. Just don't be a fucking hypocrite about it while preaching to others what YOU feel THEY should and shouldn't do.

I say that being....
I'm asking because if you truly are a man of faith and feel what the Bible tells us is the "word/s of God", Exodus 35:2 just called and told me to tell you hello.
He is free to think what he wants, and (within our laws and rules) to live how he wants.

Me, personally, I would hope that guys on my teams have more savvy than to take up publicly for what a majority of people would characterize as misogyny. Even if you mean well, you should probably just not say things out loud that can be heard as, "a woman's place is in the kitchen, when she's not in the delivery room or nursery."
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:57 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:15 am

My bad!

I say that being....
He is free to think what he wants, and (within our laws and rules) to live how he wants.

Me, personally, I would hope that guys on my teams have more savvy than to take up publicly for what a majority of people would characterize as misogyny. Even if you mean well, you should probably just not say things out loud that can be heard as, "a woman's place is in the kitchen, when she's not in the delivery room or nursery."
Here is my issue with that part of what he said.

I had an Aunt who never married. Never had kids.
She was a college graduate (less than 50% of women were college graduates when she graduated).
She was a CPA. Worked hard. Extremely loyal and dedicated.
She spent a lot of time "giving back" to those who were less fortunate.
She worked in animal shelters. Adopted pets.
She never was arrested. Never heard her say a bad word about anybody.
Loved her family to the point of kisses and hugs and tears when she would say hello and goodbye to us. Telling us how special we were to her and in general.
Fantastic woman and outstanding member of society.
She was not religious.

I know some women who are "devout" Jews, Christians/Catholics, "religious" people, who are or were married, have kids, and they are some of the biggest piece of shit humans I know.

So does/would Butker think more or less of my Aunt than he does of the piece of shit women I know?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

This.

It's not his place to decide for them.

Maybe it's not as prevalent everywhere, but there are a lot of stay at home moms around me. My kids volleyball and soccer teams are filled with them.

And yet, I don't get the impression that any of their hushands told them they had to/forced them. It's what they (the women) wanted to do.

My wife was/is a stay at home mom. When the kids were little she stopped working completely. Now she works from home several days a week (she's an LCSW), but tailors her schedule around the kids needs (and my Wednesday golf). Once school is out for summer her schedule shrinks even more and then she'll pick it back up once they start again in the fall.

It works great for us. We are fortunate that we're in a position to choose. Not everyone has that luxury.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:20 am

This.

It's not his place to decide for them.

Maybe it's not as prevalent everywhere, but there are a lot of stay at home moms around me. My kids volleyball and soccer teams are filled with them.

And yet, I don't get the impression that any of their hushands told them they had to/forced them. It's what they (the women) wanted to do.

My wife was/is a stay at home mom. When the kids were little she stopped working completely. Now she works from home several days a week (she's an LCSW), but tailors her schedule around the kids needs (and my Wednesday golf). Once school is out for summer her schedule shrinks even more and then she'll pick it back up once they start again in the fall.

It works great for us. We are fortunate that we're in a position to choose. Not everyone has that luxury.
Certainly agree that there are a million permutations of this that can work, and picking one (or many, over time!) is solely about what works for the people involved.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:28 am Certainly agree that there are a million permutations of this that can work, and picking one (or many, over time!) is solely about what works for the people involved.
I've never understood why people try to influence this portion of other people's lives.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

A uterus update implant is next. Weird weird folks trying to maximize control
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Chiefs schedule is almost impossible. They end the season on no rest. Three games in 10 days 15-25 December. Browns Texans and Steelers. May not play a single sub-500 team.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Yeah, the whole 3 games in 11 days thing isn't ideal, especially since two of them are on the road but KC is a veteran team that knows how to manage their work schedule well. They have certainly had enough practice in juggling non-standard weeks the last few years. Should be interesting. I mostly just don't like how early their bye week is.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/401 ... redictions

Chiefs 2024 regular-season schedule
Week 1: Sept. 5 vs. Baltimore (TNF)
Week 2: Sept. 15 vs. Cincinnati
Week 3: Sept. 22 at Atlanta (SNF)
Week 4: Sept. 29 at Los Angeles Chargers
Week 5: Oct. 7 vs. New Orleans (MNF)
Week 6: BYE
Week 7: Oct. 20 at San Francisco
Week 8: Oct. 27 at Las Vegas
Week 9: Nov. 4 vs. Tampa Bay (MNF)
Week 10: Nov. 10 vs. Denver
Week 11: Nov. 17 at Buffalo
Week 12: Nov. 24 at Carolina
Week 13: Nov. 29 vs. Las Vegas (Friday)
Week 14: Dec. 8 vs. Los Angeles Chargers (SNF)
Week 15: Dec. 15 at Cleveland
Week 16: Dec. 21 vs. Houston (Saturday)
Week 17: Dec. 25 at Pittsburgh (Wednesday)
Week 18: Jan. 4 or 5 at Denver

Strength of schedule: Tied for 14th easiest
Over/Under: 11.5 wins

Biggest takeaway
The Chiefs will rarely get a normal week. Their eclectic schedule features two games on Mondays, one game on a Wednesday, one on a Thursday, one on a Friday, one on a Saturday and only 11 on Sundays -- that's every day of the week except Tuesday. They will have a high number of shorter-than-usual or longer-than-usual weeks and not as many breaks as normal of the typical six-day variety. How will they handle this? The Chiefs have a veteran team, and their experience should help, but it's a situation that bears watching.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Chiefs had a good run, but are kind of imploding. This schedule will ruin them, as I think the NFL intends. Injuries are the biggest thing to me. I would guess the short weeks will cause the team to be understrength significantly when they need to be healthy to make a run. There are now real coaches in the West. The Butker thing has likely caused a major rift with Kelce as Butker took a shot at him thru Taylor Swift. Butker should be traded or released. I missed his blood sin anti-semitism and he frankly lied about the pandemic. Nobody in the press has corrected his outright falsehoods. But the casual bigotry. Man.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Ruin them? That might be a little overstated; we'll see I suppose. And I certainly doubt the NFL is intending that to happen as they are likely loving the addition of Taylor Swift fans to NFL viewership. Why on earth would they root against that?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think there is Chiefs fatigue. I have never seen a more taxing schedule. Even if they are trying to cash in, the bill will come due. Cannot play that sport without recovery days.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

If the NFL felt there was Chiefs fatigue then why would they give them 5 prime time games?!? The NFL seems to be trying to cash in on their success and fan support more than ever. Opening Night? Chiefs. Christmas Day on a new Netflix platform? Chiefs? Monday Night? Two Chiefs games. Sunday Night? Two Chiefs games. The Saturday after college football conference championship games end? Chiefs.