Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:32 pm Get a grip?

Ok then.

Howsabout we all get a grip and realize that in all likelihood those poor hostages were killed by Israeli forces.

Sorry if that reality conflicts with your world view.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/isra ... rcna152775

You could do a search and find the info that you seek if you made the effort. Or did you do so but reject it because it conflicted with your world view?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:26 am
KUTradition wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:09 pm is it though?

hamas still enjoys the support of the majority of Palestinians, don’t they?
Is that "support" because they like how they are ruling or is it because they don't want to be killed for not supporting them?
that’s a fair point, for sure

however, Palestinians willing to speak out seem to be increasing

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/07/12298567 ... -civilians
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Is that "support" because they like how they are ruling or is it because they don't want to be killed for not supporting them?
Maybe a lot of it is because some or many of them also hate Jews and want to wipe Israel off the map?
Last edited by DeletedUser on Sat May 18, 2024 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:27 am

I think a lot of it is because many of them also hate Jews and want to wipe Israel off the map.
i’m not sold on that, but you could very well be right

at the very least, “they” are supporting a faction that has been very open about their philosophy and intent re: the destruction of Israel
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:11 am
DeletedUser wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:29 am
KUTradition wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:14 am

i disagree that it’s immaterial…and that’s a q-level analogy right there
Sometimes I can't decide if Sparko is serious or not.
Sometimes I can't decide if ousdahl is serious or not. Or maybe he's just simply a shit stirring dumbfuck?
He literally asks, "is there is any evidence to suggest what, or who" and then less than 30 minutes later (without providing any evidence) states - "in all likelihood those poor hostages were killed by Israeli forces".

Post by ousdahl » Fri May 17, 2024 3:04 pm

Ugh. Awful.

Is there any evidence to suggest what, or who, killed the hostages in Rafah?

* Followed by......

Post by ousdahl » Fri May 17, 2024 3:32 pm

Get a grip?

Ok then.

Howsabout we all get a grip and realize that in all likelihood those poor hostages were killed by Israeli forces.

Sorry if that reality conflicts with your world view.
The senior leadership of a terror organization gets its ops orders from Iran is not Q level anything. What do you all think Hamas's end game is? They kicked off a war that benefited Iran and Russia that had no chance of doing anything but wiping out Gaza. I am sure the rank and file believe there was an underwear gnome end game "profit." But Iran seeks to undermine Israel's international support. On the backs of the Palestinian people. The war diverted attention and resources away from Ukraine. It was a risky lift. The Palestinian people have been devastated by it on a far larger scale than Israel. And Hamas had to know going in Bibi would react in precisely the way he did. It isn't actually hard to understand. Don't get lost searching the motives of the people not calling the shots. I get a little tired of folks yelling CT whenever they have to think in terms of international relations.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

what was q-level was the analogy to Kansas and its voters
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

And Hamas had to know going in Bibi would react in precisely the way he did.

i agree with this 100%

this is why i’m still flabbergasted that hamas retains has so much support from the people…after everything that has happened and in the face of what yet may be
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Iran Says Helicopter Carrying Its President Is Missing After ‘Difficult Landing’
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

how does a helicopter get lost after a landing? It either landed, or crashed, or didn't land. If it had a difficult landing then....it landed or crashed....meaning it didn't get up and walk away.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:59 am how does a helicopter get lost after a landing? It either landed, or crashed, or didn't land. If it had a difficult landing then....it landed or crashed....meaning it didn't get up and walk away.
I think early on it was a fog of war thing - we are talking remote, rocky terrain. We’re used to knowing everything immediately, but it’s not always how it works.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 1:05 pm
TDub wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:59 am how does a helicopter get lost after a landing? It either landed, or crashed, or didn't land. If it had a difficult landing then....it landed or crashed....meaning it didn't get up and walk away.
I think early on it was a fog of war thing - we are talking remote, rocky terrain. We’re used to knowing everything immediately, but it’s not always how it works.
well sure, but a president is going to be traveling on a vehicle with high tech transporders and tracking equipment one would think
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

such is not that case in iran, apparently
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Maybe a lot of it is because some or many of them also hate Jews and want to wipe Israel off the map?
I would certainly bet that at least some percentage of it is that. I equate that to not all MAGA people being duped and conned and that some if them just like having Trump to do all the evil, selfish stuff that they want done.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 3:21 pm
I would certainly bet that at least some percentage of it is that. I equate that to not all MAGA people being duped and conned and that some if them just like having Trump to do all the evil, selfish stuff that they want done.
Hard to compare our issues here with what they've got going on over there.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 1:50 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 1:05 pm
well sure, but a president is going to be traveling on a vehicle with high tech transporders and tracking equipment one would think
crashed, per USAToday
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

“Met with an accident”
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

My condolences to the mountain ecosystem.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Jews killed Jesus. I mean Raisi.
It's true! I saw some blue eyed blonde girl named Marry Mengele Sonshine wearing a keffiyeh while in her garage with posters of Yahya Sinwar and Ismail Haniyeh behind her, talking about it. She kept saying the words genocide, apartheid, intifada, and zionism, so I know she's super smart and knows what she's talking about.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ICC issues warrant for hamas leader…and bibi

edit: prosecutor submitted request for arrest warrants…actual warrants have yet to be approved
Last edited by KUTradition on Mon May 20, 2024 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Man.

What a weekend! Camping was good. But yea, lots of other shit still blew up in my face. I hate being right.

Will prob have to catch up on a lot of the giggles I missed here the last few days. And shit, ICC warrants, this thread might finally be getting good.

But, in the meantime, and not to change the subject, but in this spirit of this thread being far broader than just one conflict…

you guys want some good hard lulz?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... shasa.html