Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

8:51
8:49
8:47
8:44
8:43
8:38

Dude. Seek professional help.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 5:54 pm
Shirley wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:47 pm They were killed at the music festival and their bodies were transported to Gaza, according to the news sources.

If true, how fucking ghoulish, and likely calculated to increase the number of "hostages" they had to barter with later.
Israel killed them at the music festival? prior to the hama's attack? my world view has been shattered
actually, there ARE reports out there that a significant portion of the causalities on 10/7 were a result of Israeli friendly fire, mostly from Israeli media. But it didn't get much run in western press, I guess.

And, just the images that came from that music festival - of entire parking lots full of cars just burnt to the ground - seemed like it was done less likely by a bunch of ragtag fighters on paragliders who didn't even know a music festival was going on there, and more by an actual army armed with the sorts of weapons that are designed to level entire parking lots at a time.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:54 pm 8:51
8:49
8:47
8:43
8:38

Dude. Seek professional help.
illy, you don't fucking get it!

The more you condescend, the more likely I am to persist!

I'm not gonna sit here and let you talk shit without at least affording myself a chance to respond!

you just fucking stop, and I will too!

But you can't not be condescending, can you!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfc
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Oh, I get it. Trust me. I've been there too.

Some friendly advice: delete your account. Come back in 3 or 4 months. Maybe longer if that's what it takes.

This can't possibly be enjoyable.

I am not being condescending with that advice. I've deleted damn near a dozen accounts. Sometimes it's overwhelming when getting along with others isn't happening.
Last edited by DeletedUser on Mon May 20, 2024 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Shirley wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:47 pm They were killed at the music festival and their bodies were transported to Gaza, according to the news sources.

If true, how fucking ghoulish, and likely calculated to increase the number of "hostages" they had to barter with later.
ghoulish, indeed.

but, holy shit, the logistics of that - three bodies killed at a music festival on one side of Gaza in October, somehow not only transported amongst a refugee evacuation line but also somehow preserved well enough to still be identifiable seven months later, like what in the actual fuck.

and, btw, considering the reports of friendly fire on 10/7 and at the music festival, the "likely killed by Israel" point remains valid - especially considering all the circumstantial evidence of friendly fire by Israelis since.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfc
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:00 pm Oh, I get it. Trust me. I've been there too.

Some friendly advice: delete your account. Come back in 3 or 4 months. Maybe longer if that's what it takes.

This can't possibly be enjoyable.

I am not being condescending with that advice. I've deleted damn near a dozen accounts. Sometimes it's overwhelming when getting along with others isn't happening.
no, it's not particularly enjoyable.

But, dude, go read everything I'm posting right now. I make a point to take a civil tone, and stick to the subject matter at hand. That's not meant as holier than thou. It's meant as just some matter of fact.

It's the rest of you guys at large who are stooping to personal attacks and misrepresentation. That's far closer to the sort of antagonism that everyone gave you shit for, and led you to delete your accounts!

Illy, do the rest of the bored a favor and try calling that shit out instead! (for real, if you do, I just might reward the gesture by simply quitting this thread. That's largely what I've been hoping for here, is some sort of validation...but here's the thing: you have to do it sincerely. No faux-ceasefire overalander antics)

Stop acting like I'm the kooky one here! ESPECIALLY when it's everyone else is going for little more than shamelessly WMDs-in-Iraq sorts of talking points!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

holy fucking shit. I'm genuinely worried about you.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

how thoughtful!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:45 pm
no, it's not particularly enjoyable.

But, dude, go read everything I'm posting right now. I make a point to take a civil tone, and stick to the subject matter at hand. That's not meant as holier than thou. It's meant as just some matter of fact.

It's the rest of you guys at large who are stooping to personal attacks and misrepresentation. That's far closer to the sort of antagonism that everyone gave you shit for, and led you to delete your accounts!
It doesn't matter how polite you think you're being.

Part of the problem is for over 2 years now you've been repeating yourself. And instead of accepting that your views on a lot of things are in the minority around here and moving on, you've decided repeating yourself constantly is the better route.

Nobody is going to validate you around here. That's not how it works.

Another problem is that you're trying to be a main facilitator of discussion in every thread and on every topic. Again, I used to do the same thing, so I am not being condescending with this remark. I mean this nicely, because I am in the same boat, we are closer to the least intelligent people on this site than we are to the most intelligent people on this site. You go to the big boy discussion threads, going head to head with doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc., and are easily identified as the least intelligent person in the conversation. Just avoid it. Don't come in those topics and try to dominate them or be a contrarian point of view in an attempt to enlighten others. It doesn't work. Your opinion/intelligence isn't respected enough for that to be an effective posting method. And you're not going to change that by repeating yourself for going on several years in a row (now).

I know your intention is to be a nice guy. That's what you have always been over the last decade plus of me posting on these sites.

I hope you read this, don't respond, head to settings and click "delete account". That's the most honest advice I can give you. Take the summer off, come back in October/November for late night, the start of Jayhawk football/basketball season, and try to start new.

I am uniquely positioned to give this advice because I have done it. I have been in the spot where I feel like I am not being portrayed as who I feel I really am. And in the moment, I always blamed the others too. And I am sure occasionally it was the others fault, just as I am sure it's not always your fault. But the truth is, a lot of the time it is your fault, and in reality it doesn't matter who is truly to blame. Posting and posting and posting and posting won't change anything. Trust me.

Delete your account. Take 5 months off. And then try again.

I did, realized I was often a massive douchebag in these discussions and/or at minimum was annoying in repeating the same things over and over (even if I was right or felt I was right). Came back, tried to avoid doing those things as often as possible (I still slip up and have my moments, as does everyone I am sure). But now I get along with pretty much everyone on here (for the most part) except maybe 1 or 2 people. Enough that I certainly don't ruin every thread I touch.

Just something to think about. I hope you take my advice. This isn't a productive way to spend your time. It doesn't make you happy. It doesn't make others happy. You're losing "friends" that, for you, in some instances, had moved beyond just internet interactions and into real life.

That's a long and genuine post. Not meant to bully you, but to try to help.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ousdahl wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:44 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:16 am Jews killed Jesus. I mean Raisi.
It's true! I saw some blue eyed blonde girl named Marry Mengele Sonshine wearing a keffiyeh while in her garage with posters of Yahya Sinwar and Ismail Haniyeh behind her, talking about it. She kept saying the words genocide, apartheid, intifada, and zionism, so I know she's super smart and knows what she's talking about.
all I got for this one is...

wut?

Jews killed Jesus =
Most/many/some people believe "the Jews" killed Jesus. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not true, I can't prove it's true or false. To me, it all depends on what one chooses to believe. Which will bring me to the last part of this post.
Speaking of what one chooses to believe, frankly, I have a hard time believing most things when it comes to what is written in the old and new Testaments, but that's another story for another day.

Raisi =
Former Iranian President who allegedly died in a helicopter crash. Some people choose to believe the Israelis had something to do with his death.

The rest of what I said =
I was trying to express that anyone can go on TikTok and say whatever the fuck they want, and come off to a bunch of naive people as knowing what the fuck they are talking about, when in reality, the person on TikTok is a dumbfuck asshole, and then those people who see and hear the person on TikTok, go around telling other people that what they heard/watched someone on TikTok (who they have no idea who the person is) say - is true. Despite it being nothing more than a bunch of unproven narish and/or complete bullshit.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i don't doubt that many of you get your world views from influencers on ticktoc. it adds up for sure.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’ve never been on tik tok.

And illy, that’s one of your all time worst posts. Like really incredibly horrible.

I’m tempted to move right along and try for some discussion like, “let’s consider possible connections between the conflict in Congo the conflict in Israel,” but I once again realize such a discussion is futile.

Now quick, somebody repeat that I’m actually just parroting Putin!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I tried.

I guess you're going to keep doing the same thing expecting different results.

Weird.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:41 am I guess you're going to keep doing the same thing expecting different results.

Insanity.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:41 am I tried.

I guess you're going to keep doing the same thing expecting different results.

Weird.
look dude, the work he is doing, the message he is delivering is too damn important to be silenced by us regular, brainwashed, unintelligent common folk. He will not comply! He's really close to getting that purple heart Keyboard badge, for his outstanding dedication to being a keyboard warrior.
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

somebody has to give a phucque about what is going on in the middle east. because it sure as $#!t ain't me.