NBA draft

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: NBA draft

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

How's this?
1. I go from MJ is/was the best ______________ to LeBron is/was the best ________________.
2. Only reason why I may feel MJ has a SLIGHT goat edge over LeBron is that I feel he had a bigger killer mentality and I feel he was the better defender.
I am never going to argue with someone or tell them I feel they are wrong if they tell me LeBron is THEIR choice for GOAT.
It's a nice topic for people to debate but why does one have to be the goat over the other?
I prefer to say each was the best of their era.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 1:54 pm How's this?
1. I go from MJ is/was the best ______________ to LeBron is/was the best ________________.
2. Only reason why I may feel MJ has a SLIGHT goat edge over LeBron is that I feel he had a bigger killer mentality and I feel he was the better defender.
I am never going to argue with someone or tell them I feel they are wrong if they tell me LeBron is THEIR choice for GOAT.
It's a nice topic for people to debate but why does one have to be the goat over the other?
I prefer to say each was the best of their era.
I'm not even sure that Lebron is the best of his era.

Kobe was a killer.
Duncan is a less sexy pick but he's an underrated player.

If I'm picking a team from the last 20 years I'm picking one if those two first.....assuming winning games is my #1 goal.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Eh. In my book, Bron is alone at the top as a basketball player, at least on an unadjusted-for-era basis.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

well, you're wrong....lol
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Eye roll on LeBron not being the best from his era.
It's comments like that completely loose credibility in the argument.
( and this is coming from someone who LOVES Tim Duncan )
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 2:49 pm Eye roll on LeBron not being the best from his era.
eye roll all ya want. I'm not a big Kobe person, couldn't stand him for a long time. I'd take Kobe over Lebron without hesitation. The dude wanted to win. His talent is comparable to Lebron, his competitiveness and lack of bullshit flopping and pitching and crying like he got shot take him over the top of bronbron.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:00 pm
pdub wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 2:49 pm Eye roll on LeBron not being the best from his era.
eye roll all ya want. I'm not a big Kobe person, couldn't stand him for a long time. I'd take Kobe over Lebron without hesitation. The dude wanted to win. His talent is comparable to Lebron, his competitiveness and lack of bullshit flopping and pitching and crying like he got shot take him over the top of bronbron.
Don't get me wrong - I love Kobe. I grew up a Laker fan. I would choose watching him play 10/10 times.

But his problem, in this particular argument, is that he was just not remotely close to being as good at basketball as Bron.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hi, I don't like LeBron's attitude so I'm going to devalue him and bump up a guy who raped a woman but was super cool on the court. This is despite this guy averaging 2 points fewer points per game than LeBron during his career on 44% FG shooting, six percentage points fewer, and also fewer rebounds, assists, steals and blocks.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Best player of each era:

90s: mj
2000s: Kobe
2010s: Steph
20s: jokic so far could change

What was Bron even doing all these years
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

When you got team randy on your side you know something is off.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Steph's averaged fewer points per game, fewer assists per game, fewer rebounds per game, fewer blocks per game, and the same steals per game, with a worse FG%.

He has never been selected to a defensive team.
He has 2 fewer MVPs and 3 fewer Finals MVPs.

What are we doing?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:11 pm Steph's averaged fewer points per game, fewer assists per game, fewer rebounds per game, fewer blocks per game, and the same steals per game, with a worse FG%.

What are we doing?
We are, in my opinion, punishing Player Bron for the sins of GM Bron and Camera Bron.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

GM Bron I kinda get.
Camera Bron is so wildly subjective and distorted.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

If you needed to draft, from the peak versions of every player ever, a basketball team, I think Bron is 1-1.

And I don't think there's a great argument for the field to the contrary, let alone for any particular guy in the field.

Has he lapped the field in a way as impossibly comprehensive as Gretzky did?* No. But even so, I think his size/athleticism/skill/BBIQ combo simply doesn't have a close competitor, let alone an equal.

* One of my favorites: take away every single one of Gretzky's all-time-leading goals, and he would STILL be the NHL's all-time leader in points.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:11 pm Steph's averaged fewer points per game, fewer assists per game, fewer rebounds per game, fewer blocks per game, and the same steals per game, with a worse FG%.

What are we doing?
LOL

hating is the answer
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

LeBron wouldn’t be in my top 5.

Sure, as a player, supremely talented.

But, I cannot look past the on- court hissy fits…. the soccer-like flopping…. the blaming everyone else….or the leaving the floor while games still have time on the clock.

LeBron is a cunt, and shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same breaths as MJ, Kobe….hell, even Iverson.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What’s Lebron’s best and worst GM moves?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:36 pm If you needed to draft, from the peak versions of every player ever, a basketball team, I think Bron is 1-1.

And I don't think there's a great argument for the field to the contrary, let alone for any particular guy in the field.

Has he lapped the field in a way as impossibly comprehensive as Gretzky did?* No. But even so, I think his size/athleticism/skill/BBIQ combo simply doesn't have a close competitor, let alone an equal.

* One of my favorites: take away every single one of Gretzky's all-time-leading goals, and he would STILL be the NHL's all-time leader in points.
I strongly disagree
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I accidentally read bbiq as bbq…for a moment there Lebron was so much more likable
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Iverson.
Lolzboat.