NBA draft

Kansas Basketball.
DeletedUser

Re: NBA draft

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:07 pm What’s Lebron’s best and worst GM moves?
How many GMs have won championships with 3 organizations and reached double digit finals appearances?

Best move was maybe trading Wiggins for Kevin Love. In hindsight. Won a championship with Kevin Love and Wiggins never turned into a #1 you can build a championship team around.

Worst move was Westbrook.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Except LeBron could have just waited a year and gotten Love without a trade.

Kyrie, 2nd year Wiggs, LeBron and Love.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:39 pm Iverson.
Lolzboat.
I love me some Iverson, but come on.

And, maybe my memory is failing me, but MJ whined to the refs as much as anyone back in the day.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:42 pm Except LeBron could have just waited a year and gotten Love without a trade.

Cavs sure wished they'd have drafted Embiid, looking back.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Hard to pick a best move. He's one of the best GMs in history if we are really going that route with it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Of course he complained to the officials.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1UbUIapTRPU
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:45 pm
pdub wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:42 pm Except LeBron could have just waited a year and gotten Love without a trade.

Cavs sure wished they'd have drafted Embiid, looking back.
Probably? Maybe? Maybe not?
Embiid was drafted in 2014. What year did he play his first NBA game? What has an Embiid team ever won?
Wiggins was Rookie of the Year. A Wiggins team won a ring.
:shock:
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I take your side on this one. And that's before you consider what Wiggs might have become if his second- (or even third-!) banana light had come on in in his athletic prime.

Flags fly forever, and Cleveland got theirs. But it might well have been multiple of them, had Bron had an ounce of restraint and long-term thinking.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 7:33 pm

I take your side on this one. And that's before you consider what Wiggs might have become if his second- (or even third-!) banana light had come on in in his athletic prime.

Flags fly forever, and Cleveland got theirs. But it might well have been multiple of them, had Bron had an ounce of restraint and long-term thinking.
Wiggins fits a lot better with Steph Klay and Draymond than he does LeBron and Kyrie (or just LeBron).

Wiggins is a great athlete, and an almost great basketball player. His ballhandling and shooting prevent him from being an elite basketball player. And he's had plenty of time to develop those things to an elite level, but was unable to.

Awesome player. Starter quality. Probably not quite dependable enough (or good enough) to be your 2nd option on a good team.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 7:39 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 7:33 pm

Wiggins fits a lot better with Steph Klay and Draymond than he does LeBron and Kyrie (or just LeBron).

Wiggins is a great athlete, and an almost great basketball player. His ballhandling and shooting prevent him from being an elite basketball player. And he's had plenty of time to develop those things to an elite level, but was unable to.

Awesome player. Starter quality. Probably not quite dependable enough (or good enough) to be your 2nd option on a good team.
Fine, but - I don't think those things were necessarily set in stone. Isn't it possible that being asked to be something he's not, hindered him from becoming the best version of what he is?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Wiggins has been in good enough situations that after this amount of time I am comfortable blaming him for any of his shortcomings. Or blaming myself/others for reading too much into athletic potential and not enough into being skilled at basketball and creating unrealistic expectations for him that in the end have not seemed warranted.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

since this thread doesn't have a date in the title...

let's re-pick the 2014 draft!

Joker? Embiid? Randle? Aaron Gordon? Zach Lavine? Marcus Dumb?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Very quickly....

1. Jokic
2. Embiid
3. Randle
4. Lavine
5. Wiggins
6. Dinwiddie
7. Gordon
8. Nurkic
9. Smart
10. Capella
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:07 pm When you got team randy on your side you know something is off.
Lol. I was just getting the Bron boys riled up with that one. The goat argument is tiring, but LeBrons career resume is ridiculous. Is he the goat? Idk. But he probably is the best all around player of all time
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

pdub wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:47 pm Of course he complained to the officials.

Yeah, exactly the same…..

https://youtu.be/k9yjtFFXuB4?si=fGtlIPPHzH2cJtyD
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

pdub wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:39 pm Iverson.
Lolzboat.
Not a fan, but dude WAS a fucking warrior
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:38 pm
pdub wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:47 pm Of course he complained to the officials.

Yeah, exactly the same…..

https://youtu.be/k9yjtFFXuB4?si=fGtlIPPHzH2cJtyD
Yes, of course Jordan complained to the refs.
I don't have a problem with any player (LeBron included) complaining to refs when they are right that they and/or their team got legitimately screwed. It shows me the player actually gives a damn.
Jordan played what? Maybe 1200 games (regular season and playoffs?
A thank you to pdub for providing a video of him complaining 8 times (one of those 8 not as a player).
There has to be at least 100 if not 500 other times.
I can't help but wonder if a video exists of LeBron complaining 8 times during a single game.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Figure he'd be tougher than that.
"Out to hurt me."
OK Mike.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But back to the draft and LeBron:

"USC freshman guard Bronny James will remain in the 2024 NBA draft and forgo his remaining collegiate eligibility, Klutch Sports CEO Rich Paul told ESPN."

I think this is a bad move for him as a player...but I'm guessing LeBron only has so many years left in the tank so if he really wants to play on the same team as his son, they gotta get a move on ( kinda like Kevin Love/Wiggins trade! ).
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

you've read the Jordan rules?

Bill Laimbeer, Rodman, Chuck Daly...Isaiah hated him, they did. The whole point was to hit him as hard as possible everytime he went towards the rim
Just Ledoux it