Tacos v Enchiladas

You Love It.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Tacos v Enchiladas

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:08 am
TDub wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:06 am
KUTradition wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:18 am if any of you see this available in your area, give it a try…

(thank me later)
a good rootbeer is better than a coke by a long shot.

I'm also a bug fan if sassparilla but it's rare. Also a big fan of cream soda but only in small quantities
i almost added sassparilla/sarsaparilla (what an odd word) to my other post

tough to go wrong
I figured I spelled that wrong.

it's better than rootbeer I think but no one ever has it.

I remember always getting it at Cowtown in Wichita.

Obviously I've had it/seen it since then but it always makes me think of that, must be some sort of core memory ha
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i woulda spelled it more like you did, but my phone auto-corrected
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i just had some Kansas City Sarsparilla (my preferred spelling ;) ) the other day for the first time

it’s no Sioux City, but decent
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sioux City is in the top 3 worst cities i've ever been to.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) Onion rings
2) Burgers
3) I don't drink soda-pop. Except for an occasional Mandarin Jarritos with tacos.
4) I have pie once a year on T-day. Pecan.
5) Chips and guac
Trust me bro
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:30 am Sioux City is in the top 3 worst cities i've ever been to.
but their sarsaparilla tho
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Kamala said she may be the first president to grow chile peppers. I don't know but I would guess that Jefferson grew them.
Trust me bro
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:45 am Kamala said she may be the first president to grow chile peppers. I don't know but I would guess that Jefferson grew them.
Fake news.

" In 1785, George Washington planted two rows of "bird peppers" and one row of cayenne at Mount Vernon, but it is not known how he acquired the seed. Another influential American, Thomas Jefferson, was also growing peppers from seed imported from Mexico. By the early 1800s, commercial seed varieties became available to the American public..."

The Chile Pepper Encyclopedia, Dave DeWitt, 1999
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

yea the way they're getting around this facts is by saying Georgie and Tommy didn't grow them themselves but instead had...uh....not so hired helpers that grew them for them. But the great Kamala will love and nurture and support the Chili seeds individually and all on her own.

Who the fuck cares what she's growing or not growing? I hate the fake acts of trying to relate to the people.

they not like us
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

is it possible she would be the first to grow them in the actual White House garden?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

theoretically, though Jefferson was the first president in the white house right (guessing hisngarden wasnt at the actual Whitehouse)? but yea thats very possible. But again, why does anyone care? manufactured excitement over chilis? why does anyone care if she's growing chilis...I dont get it
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:20 am yea the way they're getting around this facts is by saying Georgie and Tommy didn't grow them themselves but instead had...uh....not so hired helpers that grew them for them.
Well yea but this is also not ( entirely ) true as both Presidents helped in the farming process.
But we knew that.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:26 am theoretically, though Jefferson was the first president in the white house right (guessing hisngarden wasnt at the actual Whitehouse)? but yea thats very possible. But again, why does anyone care? manufactured excitement over chilis? why does anyone care if she's growing chilis...I dont get it
Hm. Possible.
I'm guessing Jefferson didn't grow anything at the White House.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:26 am theoretically, though Jefferson was the first president in the white house right (guessing hisngarden wasnt at the actual Whitehouse)? but yea thats very possible. But again, why does anyone care? manufactured excitement over chilis? why does anyone care if she's growing chilis...I dont get it
I just like chiles and TJ was a lover of all things food. Without looking it up, I thought there was a good chance that he grew them.
Trust me bro
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

as fan of chilis (probably more than the average ‘murican), i think its kinda cool if true

fwiw, i haven’t seen anything about it outside of this thread
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:20 am yea the way they're getting around this facts is by saying Georgie and Tommy didn't grow them themselves but instead had...uh....not so hired helpers that grew them for them. But the great Kamala will love and nurture and support the Chili seeds individually and all on her own.

Who the fuck cares what she's growing or not growing? I hate the fake acts of trying to relate to the people.

they not like us
Just checking: Are you OK with Walz talking about having coached football?
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shirley wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:18 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:20 am yea the way they're getting around this facts is by saying Georgie and Tommy didn't grow them themselves but instead had...uh....not so hired helpers that grew them for them. But the great Kamala will love and nurture and support the Chili seeds individually and all on her own.

they not like us
I have no idea what you're talking about
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:19 pm

they not like us
Harris is alleged to be a decent cook who apparently grows some of her own ingredients, and talked about it. I was just wondering if it would stick in your craw as much if Walz talked about something he's done in the past?
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shirley wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:23 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:19 pm

Harris is alleged to be a decent cook who apparently grows some of her own ingredients, and talked about it. I was just wondering if it would stick in your craw as much if Walz talked about something he's done in the past?
is he talking about coaching football at the white house?
Just Ledoux it