Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: 2024

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 6:53 am The stuff upper lip bravado - the notion that somehow Trump gained more votes than he lost yesterday - is really something.
If that was really the case then psych would’ve come back to gloat by now
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 6:53 am The stuff upper lip bravado - the notion that somehow Trump gained more votes than he lost yesterday - is really something.
A felony conviction removes you from consideration for getting most basic entry level positions. I watched restaurant managers throw any application that denoted a felony conviction into the trash for people hoping to be a waiter or a line cook.

But tens of millions of people are going to vote for a convicted felon for our next President. Amazing how stupid some people will be to keep this con man going.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The stupid is the thing. Thanks GOP
Boden has the violent crime rate down to a 50-year low too. Be lower if more thug republicans were in jail.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:55 pm
A felony conviction removes you from consideration for getting most basic entry level positions. I watched restaurant managers throw any application that denoted a felony conviction into the trash for people hoping to be a waiter or a line cook.

But tens of millions of people are going to vote for a convicted felon for our next President. Amazing how stupid some people will be to keep this con man going.
And before they get around to voting for him, they’ll continue to pay his legal bills.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:55 pm A felony conviction removes you from consideration for getting most basic entry level positions.
Not as much as it used to.

Some states don't even allow employers to ask applicants about criminal history until after a conditional offer of employment has been made.

The exception being the most serious of violent felony offenses.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

…Commonly prohibited industries are banking, insurance, health care and real estate. Lawyers, teachers, psychologists and other professions that require a license are also off limits if you were convicted of a felony. Convictions on the federal and state level can be pardoned by the president or governor, respectively...
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:09 am …Commonly prohibited industries are banking, insurance, health care and real estate. Lawyers, teachers, psychologists and other professions that require a license are also off limits if you were convicted of a felony. Convictions on the federal and state level can be pardoned by the president or governor, respectively...
Nuclear codes?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:14 am
KUTradition wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:09 am …Commonly prohibited industries are banking, insurance, health care and real estate. Lawyers, teachers, psychologists and other professions that require a license are also off limits if you were convicted of a felony. Convictions on the federal and state level can be pardoned by the president or governor, respectively...
Nuclear codes?
in sane world
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Half of my cooks were X prisoners. The other half X military.
Defense. Rebounds.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:53 am

Half of my cooks were X prisoners. The other half X military.
I was going to say, you take the felons out of kitchens……
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

June 1 New polling taken after the guilty verdict in former President Donald Trump’s Manhattan criminal trial shows that a majority of voters approve of the jury’s decision. One in ten GOP voters and one in four independent voters indicated they are less likely to vote for him.

Majority of voters in new poll approve of jury’s decision to convict Trump
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

People enjoy the UFC. I'm not one of them.
I'm kind of proud of that, being how supportive of Trump many/most UFC fans are.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:41 am People enjoy the UFC. I'm not one of them.
I'm kind of proud of that, being how supportive of Trump many/most UFC fans are.
I love watching the UFC, but because of their embrace of Trump, like last night, I watched the preliminary bouts which are free, but didn't buy the PPV. And as soon as Dana White walked in with the convicted felon Trump, I turned the channel.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:41 am People enjoy the UFC. I'm not one of them.
It is a badge of honor avoiding red hatted lunatic events.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

^^^This.

Who could be surprised that folks who enjoy watching people bludgeon each other senseless enjoy spitting on Mexicans?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Shirley wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:58 pm June 1 New polling taken after the guilty verdict in former President Donald Trump’s Manhattan criminal trial shows that a majority of voters approve of the jury’s decision. One in ten GOP voters and one in four independent voters indicated they are less likely to vote for him.

A real swing of two percentage points of Republicans not voting for Trump and half of those voting for Biden is a 3-point swing. That’s about 2.2 million votes in Uncle’s favor (based on 2020 turnout). Enough for an actual landslide!

Thanks to Keith Olberman for the calculation!!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

zsn wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:22 pm
Shirley wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:58 pm June 1 New polling taken after the guilty verdict in former President Donald Trump’s Manhattan criminal trial shows that a majority of voters approve of the jury’s decision. One in ten GOP voters and one in four independent voters indicated they are less likely to vote for him.

A real swing of two percentage points of Republicans not voting for Trump and half of those voting for Biden is a 3-point swing. That’s about 2.2 million votes in Uncle’s favor (based on 2020 turnout). Enough for an actual landslide!

Thanks to Keith Olberman for the calculation!!
Yeah. Trump couldn’t afford to lose twenty thousand 2020 votes. Let alone two-plus million.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

His nutty acolytes will worsen the calculus. Doxing, threatening, and lying. Mix in some assaults. Trump should be jailed for public safety.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Sparko wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:14 pm His nutty acolytes will worsen the calculus. Doxing, threatening, and lying. Mix in some assaults. Trump should be jailed for public safety.
Chatter among Federal Law Enforcement is that the far right is building up.

Gonna be the worst winter in the US in our lifetimes.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:14 pm
Sparko wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:14 pm His nutty acolytes will worsen the calculus. Doxing, threatening, and lying. Mix in some assaults. Trump should be jailed for public safety.
Chatter among Federal Law Enforcement is that the far right is building up.

Gonna be the worst winter in the US in our lifetimes.
just wonderful. Time machine? northern Canada? It's actually a little concerning. I certainly try not to talk about any politics around here, I do not think like most of this county. Could be an interesting year.

pretty sure we peaked in the late 80s to late 90s.
Just Ledoux it