Iowa/UConn women’s game

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Iowa/UConn women’s game

Post by pdub »

So 18.

Age absolutely matters.
For those who agree that age matters, here are LeBron and Magic stats at the same age of the other three players chosen:

30 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 7.2 APG, 48.4% FG
18.6 PPG, 9.6 RPG, 9.5 APG, 53.7% FG ( also 2.7 SPG )
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if you say so
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:09 am those are all rookie seasons, 2 nba and 3 wnba
any stat comparison between NBA and WNBA is almost certainly a false equivalent.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:53 am I suppose that elephant is the racism angle which is becoming prominent on social media.
becoming?

I am so happy HD is white, so when I hate on him, it's not said that i'm being racist.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:58 am
KUTradition wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:09 am those are all rookie seasons, 2 nba and 3 wnba
any stat comparison between NBA and WNBA is almost certainly a false equivalent.
as i tried to insinuate, it wasn’t a direct comparison but rather a relative one
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:11 am
as i tried to insinuate, it wasn’t a direct comparison but rather a relative one
And experience in the league(s) counts for nothing?

GTFO.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Shirley wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:12 pm

GTFO.
It’s still dumb to conflate NBA and WNBA stats. How much better is the worst NBA player than the best WNBA player? I don’t know, but it’s more than a little.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Svi would average 30, 10 and 6.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:59 pm
Shirley wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:12 pm

GTFO.
It’s still dumb to conflate NBA and WNBA stats. How much better is the worst NBA player than the best WNBA player? I don’t know, but it’s more than a little.
I agree, but I don't think that's what anyone is doing. At least imo, the comparisons are being made within each participant's peer group.
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:07 pm Rookie of the year for sure but not game changing player like a Jordan, LeBron, Wilt etc.

37% is not a good shooting percentage.
She had 3 points tonight.

I said it before but the WNBA needs her to be a Jordan and not, I dunno, a Trey Young.
Not criticizing anything you said at all, it's just the right place - we also need to consider that the rookie transition to the WNBA happens...like ten minutes after the draftees have finished playing a ~40 game college season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There seems to be a lot of defending of her for even the slightest of remarks.
She's not playing all that well at the moment - or not as well as one would think with the hype surrounding her - and that's OK - she is a rookie in the league.
But it's also fair to say, yea, this is a bit underwhelming at the moment.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

From the comments section of a video of the incident. I think it's a great idea:

Here’s a suggestion. Fever announces today they will sit Clark when they play Chicago in the Windy City next. Announce now so people will know she won’t play. Let’s see how many people show up to watch the Fever play against Reese, Spoon and Carter. This will affect the bottom line of the owners..."
Derek Cressman
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Shirley wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:59 pm From the comments section of a video of the incident. I think it's a great idea:

Here’s a suggestion. Fever announces today they will sit Clark when they play Chicago in the Windy City next. Announce now so people will know she won’t play. Let’s see how many people show up to watch the Fever play against Reese, Spoon and Carter. This will affect the bottom line of the owners..."
I have googled attendance for cc games be non cc games. I might figure it out on my own. I know from the few days I’ve looked at all the figures, when there were 4 games, the cc game was 16k+ and the 3 others around 22k cumulative.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

"It took five games with Caitlin Clark to top the Indiana Fever’s total home attendance from last season.

So far this year, a league-high 82,857 fans have shown up to watch Clark in Indianapolis, compared to 81,336 who went to all 20 Fever home games last summer, according to data from Across the Timeline.

The next record for Clark to break is the Fever’s all-time home attendance record of 180,270, achieved in 16 games during the team’s inaugural 2000 season. She’s on track to nearly double it."

https://frontofficesports.com/fever-bre ... 20Timeline.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Shirley wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:59 pm From the comments section of a video of the incident. I think it's a great idea:

Lulz. Let's punish the kids who want to see CC play.
I promise who ever suggested it "will affect the bottom line of the owners", while yes - it would make an impact in regards to game revenue, the owners will still be just fine (in regards to their net worth) if 1 person shows up or if 10,000 people show up.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:12 pm [the owners will still be just fine (in regards to their net worth) if 1 person shows up or if 10,000 people show up.
Are concessions more at a women’s game, like women’s underwear and such are more expensive than men’s? What’s that. Called, the pink tax?

I mean, Miami FC tix are definitely more than any other, and they wear pink, so it makes sense, right?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:12 pm

Lulz. Let's punish the kids who want to see CC play.
I promise who ever suggested it "will affect the bottom line of the owners", while yes - it would make an impact in regards to game revenue, the owners will still be just fine (in regards to their net worth) if 1 person shows up or if 10,000 people show up.
Just my opinion, but I'd be willing to bet that if the Fever made that announcement, the public response would be enough to make the Sky owners do whatever it took to make sure the Fever changed their mind.
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Forgive me, I'm not really understanding the whole sit don't sit Clark debate and why the Fever would consider it.

Before I ask my questions, I will say, I do NOT condone what Carter did but...... I feel it was not nearly as bad as people want to make it out to be. It's a great conversation starter but I'm not too sure how great of a conversation ender it is.

Here are my 5 questions.
1. Why would the Fever sit Clark in Chicago?
2. What would be the benefit to the Fever to sit Clark?
3. Do you disagree with what Angel Reese said when she said, “I’ll look back in 20 years and be like, yeah, the reason why we’re watching women’s basketball is not just because of one person."?
4. After watching this video, do you feel the same way you did about the incident before you watched it?
https://twitter.com/HoopMixOnly/status/ ... 0335659025
5. If the Fever made the announcement they were sitting Clark, yes, I feel of course people would be disappointed. I'm not sure what the owners (primarily Alter) could do or say to the Fever to make them change their mind/s. Are you looking for an apology from the organization? That's what I'm not understanding.
As someone who has been offered free tickets to all Sky games, I was offered tickets to all the Fever/Sky games in Chicago. My response was, please give the tickets to someone who will appreciate it more than I will. If I accepted the tickets and Clark didn't play, I would still go to the game/s. I think over 60% of the people who have tickets for the Fever/Sky games on June 23rd and August 25th would still attend the game/s too - if Clark didn't play.

P.S. The person who I dislike the most is Sky Head Coach Teresa Weatherspoon. She's two faced. She has instilled a tough guy/woman persona for her team, and she takes a lot of pride in the physicality of her players, but then after kick back from the media and league, she pussed out with her comments about the Carter and Clark incident. I don't know 100% for sure but I am extremely confident Weatherspoon didn't say the same things to Carter during and right after the game that she claims she said to her in the following day/s.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

"sometimes"? Most of the time.
Or, I don't think at all. ]

Just dropped off a package from the Sky that they gave to season ticket holders on opening night.
Personalized jerseys, headbands, wristbands, socks, some other stuff. As nice if not nicer than the shit the NBA Bulls give their season ticket holders.

Spoke with a co-worker who has attended games every season. He went to the game Thursday night. He said it was crazy to see that many people at a regular season game - and what was most interesting to him is that in the past there were about 5% to 10% Black people in the stands. On Thursday it was about 50%. Maybe more.
So.... Maybe the WNBA is at least SOMEWHAT "about race"?