NBA Playoffs 24

Kansas Basketball.
DeletedUser

Re: NBA Playoffs 24

Post by DeletedUser »

Missed foul, but not what decided the game.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:56 pm LUKA IS THE MAVS POINT GUARD
In the next week or 2 jrue will have 2 rings and luka zero

Also we are splitting hairs here. Everyone knows damn well kyrie always has been and always will be a point. Is luka also? Sure, they play 2 higj usage guards together. LeBron played point for years from the 3 spot. But look at the matchups in every series, kyrie is always matched up with other points and luka with 2s or 3s
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

As a KU fan, who's watched bill self utilize 2 point guard systems for 20 years, you can't comprehend that kyrie and luka are 2 point guards playing together?

Anyways jrue holiday gonna get his 2nd ring, and both the mavs point guards gonna be envious
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Also I've heard a lot of KU fans call dajuan the best true point in college, despite his stats being modest and dwarfed by many high usage guards

Jrue holiday is the NBA equivalent of that. His impact on winning is far exceeds his stats. Luka can average a 30 point triple double all series, while getting abused on the other end and while holiday gets a ring
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:31 pm As a KU fan, who's watched bill self utilize 2 point guard systems for 20 years, you can't comprehend that kyrie and luka are 2 point guards playing together?

Anyways jrue holiday gonna get his 2nd ring, and both the mavs point guards gonna be envious
Go back and read better.

And then think to yourself, hey, do you think this Celtics team would be better if Luka was on it instead of Jrue?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Luka
White
Brown
Tatum
Porzingis

Hm. I dunno. Looks a bit weak to me.

Let me preemptively counter what your argument will be:

1. Just because a player wins a ring does not make them better than any player who does not especially when you aren’t a top 2-3 player on the team.

2. Jrue played excellent last night. He’s played well in this series. He plays better defense than Luka by far. But Luka is on a team with one dude who is elite on offense and then a bunch of pretty decent guys. He has to carry a lot of the load. Jrue has the benefit of maybe two top 15 players on the league on his team.

3. No just because Jrue was the leading scorer last night, in one game, does not make him better than Tatum or Brown.

4. Luka is a better player than Jrue. If you asked any NBA coach, GM, scout, player, parking attendant etc who they would prefer starting a team with Luka or Jrue 99 percent would say Luka.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:57 pm
pdub wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:56 pm lol Pritchard prayer
Any relation?
If you believe the Bible, yes. We are all related. Cousins.
Otherwise, no. Payton is not related to Vladimir (one of Kevin's KU nicknames).
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mazzulla is just fucking with the media.

The next 2-4 games are very important to him as I think he'll stay on as Celtics coach for a while if he wins two more.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:55 am Luka
White
Brown
Tatum
Porzingis

Hm. I dunno. Looks a bit weak to me.

Let me preemptively counter what your argument will be:

1. Just because a player wins a ring does not make them better than any player who does not especially when you aren’t a top 2-3 player on the team.

2. Jrue played excellent last night. He’s played well in this series. He plays better defense than Luka by far. But Luka is on a team with one dude who is elite on offense and then a bunch of pretty decent guys. He has to carry a lot of the load. Jrue has the benefit of maybe two top 15 players on the league on his team.

3. No just because Jrue was the leading scorer last night, in one game, does not make him better than Tatum or Brown.

4. Luka is a better player than Jrue. If you asked any NBA coach, GM, scout, player, parking attendant etc who they would prefer starting a team with Luka or Jrue 99 percent would say Luka.
Luka is a generational offensive talent. I've never said jrue was a better player. I just said jrue is the best point guard. Like true team first point guard
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Jrue is awesome. There are a dozen guys better than him at his position.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:53 pm Jrue is awesome. There are a dozen guys better than him at his position.
Fake news. The players in the league value him a lot more than fans do. There's a reason he's one of the only point guards in the Olympic team. Holiday impacts winning at a really high level

It's crazy to me KU fans don't see it. Yall will argue that dajuan is the best true point in college when there are dozens who put up better numbers
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Luka plays point guard.
Luka is a better player than Jrue.
Therefore Luka is a better point guard than Jrue.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:14 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:53 pm Jrue is awesome. There are a dozen guys better than him at his position.
Fake news. The players in the league value him a lot more than fans do. There's a reason he's one of the only point guards in the Olympic team. Holiday impacts winning at a really high level

It's crazy to me KU fans don't see it. Yall will argue that dajuan is the best true point in college when there are dozens who put up better numbers
I see what you're saying. And I agree. He's fantastic. He's a top 15ish PG in the world.

But he's not better than (in no order):
Ja, Brunson, Steph, Maxey, Fox, Luka, Murray, Mitchell, SGA, Lillard, Trae, Kyrie (if you count him as a PG), Haliburton, Lamelo, or VanVleet.

Individually.

Now, if we start discussing his ability to fit on THIS Celtics team as a 3rd 4th or 5th best player, then that's worth discussing. He fits better with this team than some of those players above that are absolutely better than him Individually.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I might take him over a couple guys you listed but you’re on the right path.

He’s not a top 5 PG.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:07 pm I might take him over a couple guys you listed but you’re on the right path.

He’s not a top 5 PG.
I was shocked to see how highly ranked Lamelo Fox and Trae were on Hollingers PER rating.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So do we think Dallas can win game 3?
They are currently -2.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:11 am So do we think Dallas can win game 3?
They are currently -2.
No clue.

I have a $50 free bet and I am debating between Celtics ML or Scheffler to win the US Open.

Boston hasn't even played well.

I don't see how Luka being in Dallas helps them not get dismantled defensively.

I like all of these bets:

Dallas teased to -.5
Celtics ML
Celtics teased to -5.5
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kyrie has to go off ( it's a given Luka will also have to go off ).
Maybe this is the night.
I don't think he's even hit a 3 yet.

If the Celtics shoot like they did in Game 2 AND Kyrie goes off, that's how Dallas wins.
Maybe that happens tonight.