Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by dolomite »

Shirley wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:15 am I'd heard it was bloody, but couldn't find a figure.
But now hearing at least 107 people were killed in the two IDF operations to free the 4 hostages.

Hamas wins again, even if they lost 4 of their hostages.

“Wins”,
Israel will go to great lengths and do whatever it takes to get whoever they want back. I note this because of their history.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Hamas will find out who they have picked on:

Spectacular, but also sometimes brutal
Mossad operations in the 1970s and 1980s spread fear but also commanded respect. It was first and foremost the 1960 abduction in Argentina of Adolf Eichmann, one of the chief architects of the Nazi Holocaust against the Jews, that made the organization world famous.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Just found out people I know in northern Israel were forced to evacuate their home.
NOT funny how they are more ticked off at Netanyahu (and the government) than they are at the terrorist fucks in Lebanon.
Reminds me of what I was told when I visited Sderot and we asked residents why they choose to stay.
The consensus was - "Because this is our home and we refuse to allow terrorists to "win"/control us".
My worthless two cents, right now Israel is fucked (and Israelis are fucked) no matter what they do or don't do.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

dolomite wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:40 am Hamas will find out who they have picked on:

Spectacular, but also sometimes brutal
Mossad operations in the 1970s and 1980s spread fear but also commanded respect. It was first and foremost the 1960 abduction in Argentina of Adolf Eichmann, one of the chief architects of the Nazi Holocaust against the Jews, that made the organization world famous.
^^^

I thought for sure you were going to refer to the rescue of 103 Israeli hostages at an airport in Entebbe, Uganda in 1976 by Israeli special forces.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Netanyahu has no love lost for terrorists (since his dear brother was murdered during the counter-terrorism raid on Entebbe back in 1976. Just another reason he won’t stop until Hamas is defeated. More power to him I say.
Taylor Sheridan
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The U.S. cannot simply turn off the war. This so far is playing out in favor of Iran and Russia. They were willing to fight to the last Palestinian.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

This go here?

Kushner’s Deal with Pro-Russia Serbs Raises Hackles

Belgrade development, joined by former Trump envoy Ric Grenell, includes a memorial to “victims of NATO aggression"
[The] fine print of the deal includes a commitment that seems destined to stir up even more international controversy: a pledge by Kushner’s firm, Affinity Partners, to construct a “memorial dedicated to all the victims of NATO aggression”— an allusion to the U.S.-backed bombing campaign that brought the Serbian government of Slobodan Milosevic to its knees a quarter century ago in response to its relentless campaign of repression and savage massacres of ethnic Albanians in Kosovo.

[...]

Just as concerning as the whitewashing of Serbian war crimes, [Ret. Gen. Wesley] Clark said, is the just announced deal between Kushner’s firm and the Serbian government of Aleksander Vučić, a pro-Russian hardliner who once served as minister of information in Milosevic’s government. The memorial project needs to be viewed in a wider geopolitical context: It serves the Kremlin’s core interests in undermining NATO at a time the alliance is engaged in resisting Russian aggression in Ukraine.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Eeeeek!

Also, the U.S. lifts the ban on use of American weapons by the Azov brigade
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Hamas leader said civilian death toll could benefit militant group in Gaza war, WSJ reportsThings went out of control,” Sinwar said in one of his messages, according to the WSJ, adding he was “referring to gangs taking civilian women and children as hostages.”

It’s about time a reward was put on this coward’s head.
Taylor Sheridan
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Who is "this coward"? Haniyeh? Sinwar? Both? Neither?
I'm pretty sure last year Israel "put a reward/s" for information and the capture (not necessarily "head/s") of Hamas leaders.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Shirley wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:56 pm Why would Hamas want to "end this" when it's exactly what they wanted and knew Netanyahu would give them when they invaded and slaughtered the Israeli civilians on Oct 7th?

The death of lots of Israelis. Check.

Israeli hostages to increase Hamas' bargaining power and inflict ongoing pain on Israeli society over an extended period of time. Check.

Sow division throughout Israeli society. Check.

The death of lots of civilians making Israel/Jews the pariah of the world while Hamas/Palestinians are the sympathetic victims. Check.

Win, win, win, win.
^^^

The military leader of Hamas has said he believes he has gained the upper hand over Israel and that the spiralling civilian death toll in Gaza would work in the militant group’s favor, according to a report by the Wall Street Journal, citing leaked messages the newspaper said it had seen.

“We have the Israelis right where we want them,” Yahya Sinwar told other Hamas leaders recently, according to one of the messages, the WSJ reported Monday. In another, Sinwar is said to have described civilian deaths as “necessary sacrifices” while citing past independence-related conflicts in countries like Algeria.

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Feels weird to even suggest Hamas is winning.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

In one of the more fucked up reports yet, Hamas disguised themselves as Israeli civilians so they could perp an ambush attack on an Israeli settlement.

At least 274 dead, hundreds more injured, mostly women and children, in an attempt to rescue Hamas prisoners held captive by Israel. They got 4 back, but apparently also killed 3 of their own in the indiscriminate assault.

I personally dunno if I would call that a win, but here we are again.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:37 am In one of the more fucked up reports yet, Hamas disguised themselves as Israeli civilians so they could perp an ambush attack on an Israeli settlement.

At least 274 dead, hundreds more injured, mostly women and children, in an attempt to rescue Hamas prisoners held captive by Israel. They got 4 back, but apparently also killed 3 of their own in the indiscriminate assault.

I believe you have the facts wrong here.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ohhh.

Know what?

You sure are right!

I got all that backwards…it was actually Israel disguising themselves as humanitarian workers so they could ambush a Palestinian refugee camp.

Oops, my bad.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

when the middle east is pummeling its'self. we are all winners.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:37 am In one of the more fucked up reports yet, Hamas disguised themselves as Israeli civilians so they could perp an ambush attack on an Israeli settlement.

I'm a bit leery of the number of 274 dead and "hundreds more injured" but regardless, I'll say that's truly too bad that "innocent" citizens were killed. I assume the numbers of those who were allegedly killed and injured include people who were/are not "innocent" but 1 dead "innocent" person is 1 too many.

HEY, the good news from all of this (besides the hostages being rescued) is it was truly incredible to see videos of the resurrection of the hospitals that were allegedly destroyed and void of electricity and to see the suffering people (plus actors, and dolls & mannequins) that were being treated by the medical staff that appeared to be fully nourished.

P.S. I love (probably should say hate) the dramatic "there are no fully functional hospitals remaining in Gaza" rhetoric.
Guess what? The majority of hospitals in the USA can be considered "NOT fully functional", including but not limited to the hospital 2 blocks away from me - Northwestern Hospital in Chicago.
My guess is 95% to 100% of the hospitals in Gaza were not "fully functional" BEFORE October 7th. Yes, of course most if not all are less functional today than they were on October 6th but spare me the "not fully functional" designation/s.
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:54 am when the middle east is pummeling its'self. we are all winners.
I can't help but laugh that there are many "middle easterners" who are alive and well in Michigan and my guess is you are not at all happy about it. If that's true (that you are not happy about it), it would also make me laugh that your grandchildren, and their children, and their and grandchildren, are inevitably going to have to interact and exist with them more and more in the future.
Do you have a problem with "middle easterners" educating (in schools) and treating (medically) your family members? EEEK!!!!!!
Well, I suppose the abundance of white supremacists in Michigan may figure a way to rid Michigan of all of them ("middle easterners"). Which wouldn't shock me if it happens/happened within the next 50 years.
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.