Re: Things That Annoy Me

Post by ousdahl »

10 is so meta
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:59 am10 is so meta
Speaking of meta, changing his name from Ron Artest to Metta World Peace to Metta Sandiford-Artest was minisculingly (an annoying word I just made up) annoying to me.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:30 am 6. People who walk in the middle (not one side or the other) of sidewalks and are oblivious to the world around them

i’ll one-up you…people who STOP in the middle of the sidewalk (or aisle), forcing everyone else to alter their paths
People who meander the path unaware of the world in front of them but staring at their phones while they walk
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:26 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:30 am 6. People who walk in the middle (not one side or the other) of sidewalks and are oblivious to the world around them

i’ll one-up you…people who STOP in the middle of the sidewalk (or aisle), forcing everyone else to alter their paths
People who meander the path unaware of the world in front of them but staring at their phones while they walk
ah, yes…the “pokémon go” effect
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

keyboard activists
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

irrigation valves.

spent the last 2 hrs digging up and pulling apart sprinkler valves to replace solenoids, replace diaphragms and springs etc. so....much....fun.

all done now except reassembling the last 2 valves and testing it. Oh, it all worked when I did my spring start up. I thought I was done with sprinkler tinkering for the year. ugh.

now...for the last 2, then on to the roof for the remaining couple hours of daylight yay! summer!
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:19 pm irrigation valves.

spent the last 2 hrs digging up and pulling apart sprinkler valves to replace solenoids, replace diaphragms and springs etc. so....much....fun.

all done now except reassembling the last 2 valves and testing it. Oh, it all worked when I did my spring start up. I thought I was done with sprinkler tinkering for the year. ugh.

now...for the last 2, then on to the roof for the remaining couple hours of daylight yay! summer!
So, you're saying having a landlord is underrated?
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shirley wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:32 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:19 pm irrigation valves.

So, you're saying having a landlord is underrated?
I mean, I wouldn't trade what I have to rent...but, if you've never owned a house, particularly one with property, you don't understand the constant upkeep and maintenance required. It's easy to shrug it off and say they make so much money, that's what my rent is for yadda yadda....I could keep going but I don't wanna trigger a diatribe from a certain sector....plus I think we've covered it before.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Ten things this morning in no particular order.

1. Humidity

2. Car Jackings (one basically outside my window a couple hours ago)

3. My being fat

4. My being old

5. Enjoying coffee but being told it's best for to not drink more than a cup a day due to health reasons/concerns

6. Having health issues

7. Co-workers (most do NOT annoy me but some definitely do annoy me)

8. Body maintenance such as bruising teeth, shaving, cutting and/or filing finger and toe nails

9. Bills and the ridiculous cost/s of goods and services

10. The ropes from the swing stage scaffolding platform (or whatever the fuck it's called) that have been outside my windows for the past 10 or so days and obstruct my view/s
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Ten things this morning in no particular order.

1. Trying to pay a bill on-line. Seeing the bill is much higher than it should be. Calling to dispute charges. Can't speak with a human.

2. Getting on a scale and seeing I weigh more than I thought I did.

3. Knowing I have to resolve problems as soon as I get in to the office. Yes, it's part of my job and it is job security but having to deal with problems that absolutely shouldn't be problems annoys me.

4. My ears feeling unusually clogged and not being able to unclog them.

5. Wanting another hour before I have to get ready to leave for work and only having a half hour.

6. Thinking about all the money I have to spend on things tomorrow, and how some are necessities while others are unplanned expenses, and that the costs are ridiculous, with very few cheaper options.

7. Knowing that the majority of employees in our company will not be giving 100% today, and how many will be able to enjoy the perfect weather day outside for a portion of the day between 8:00am and 5:00pm, while I will be "locked" inside working the entire time.

8. The person in the truck (or car?) that is honking its horn multiple times outside my window.

9. Having to decide if I should keep or cancel a dermatologist appointment for an unusual thing on my arm that has gotten better since I made the appointment but is still on my arm.

10. Thinking about how I am 57 years old and realizing I am only going to get older, and that I am not enjoying my life as much as I did when I was younger, and wanting to enjoy the rest of my life more than I am currently enjoying my life, but not knowing if I will be able to do as such.
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

10. Sorry my man. At least you have kcrim.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Quit that job and do something every day that makes you happy.

The plano-method
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:48 am 10. Sorry my man. At least you have kcrim.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:49 am Quit that job and do something every day that makes you happy.

The plano-method
Not bad advice and no doubt The Plano method is a good one but....
If I were to "quit that job" - there would be significant repercussions and I am not convinced my life would be better.
Thankfully I do something every day that makes me happy. Doesn't take much. Simply sitting on a park bench after work and doing nothing makes me happy. Heck, drinking a cup of coffee makes me happy. I don't take those things for granted. No doubt important to be in the moment/s and appreciate those things that make me happy.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

10. get the fuck out of Chicago. That city seems to account for 92% of your anger.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:17 am 10. get the fuck out of Chicago. That city seems to account for 92% of your anger.
Then the terrorists win. ;)

Being more serious, in order, these are the reasons why I stay/live/work in Chicago.
1. To be with/near my 90 (in a few days 91) year old mother.
2. My medical "team" is here.
3. My job (which pays me more than anywhere else I can work - as well as fully pays for and provides my health insurance, and other benefits and perks) is in Chicago - and I am not ready/able to retire at this time.
4. I like (if not love) Chicago 92% of the time between the months of March and November. Unfortunately December through February kind of sucks and at times the 8% outweighs the 92%.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

happy early birthday gutter's mom
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:40 am Ten things this morning in no particular order.

1. Trying to pay a bill on-line. Seeing the bill is much higher than it should be. Calling to dispute charges. Can't speak with a human.

3. Knowing I have to resolve problems as soon as I get in to the office. Yes, it's part of my job and it is job security but having to deal with problems that absolutely shouldn't be problems annoys me.

5. Wanting another hour before I have to get ready to leave for work and only having a half hour.

6. Thinking about all the money I have to spend on things tomorrow, and how some are necessities while others are unplanned expenses, and that the costs are ridiculous, with very few cheaper options.

7. Knowing that the majority of employees in our company will not be giving 100% today, and how many will be able to enjoy the perfect weather day outside for a portion of the day between 8:00am and 5:00pm, while I will be "locked" inside working the entire time.

8. The person in the truck (or car?) that is honking its horn multiple times outside my window.

9. Having to decide if I should keep or cancel a dermatologist appointment for an unusual thing on my arm that has gotten better since I made the appointment but is still on my arm.

10. Thinking about how I am 57 years old and realizing I am only going to get older, and that I am not enjoying my life as much as I did when I was younger, and wanting to enjoy the rest of my life more than I am currently enjoying my life, but not knowing if I will be able to do as such.
Fucking hell dude, just reading your description of your life makes me contemplate hanging myself.

You really need a new "mental health" team. A weekend in the Empire at Solstice would do you good. There are cheap direct flights from Chicago to Colorado Springs.

Over coffee in the morning we could listen to Defix tell us about how he spent 6 hours the day before using a laser level and a micrometer to set the tops of the baseboards in his living room to dead level within 1/100 of an inch (+ or -). A couple of evenings watching the moon rise over the sand dunes while the shrooms kick in would do you some good.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Listen to Japhy, Gutter. He is pre-Med.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

japhy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:08 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:40 am Ten things this morning in no particular order.

Fucking hell dude, just reading your description of your life makes me contemplate hanging myself.

You really need a new "mental health" team. A weekend in the Empire at Solstice would do you good. There are cheap direct flights from Chicago to Colorado Springs.

Over coffee in the morning we could listen to Defix tell us about how he spent 6 hours the day before using a laser level and a micrometer to set the tops of the baseboards in his living room to dead level within 1/100 of an inch (+ or -). A couple of evenings watching the moon rise over the sand dunes while the shrooms kick in would do you some good.
wonder if defix knows my grandfather? I can remember my dad setting trim in our house and my grandfather coming over looking at it snd saying "looks great if you don't like level" they argued about it, grandfather says it's a strong 1/8th off (over a 12 ft board). they argue more, break out levels and stringlines etc...determine it to,in fact, be a shy 1/8th off. My dad saying that's just the variance in the board....my grandfather shrugging his shoulders and telling hum that's what a planer and joiner is for....

My dad left it and continued...

2 days later my grandfather came over while my dad was at work, pulled it off the wall, took it home, ran it through the planer and joiner, restained it and put it back up to his standards.

Now my dad does the same to me and I look forward to carrying on the tradition with my boy haha
Just Ledoux it