Uncle Joe

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:33 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:31 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:59 am Yea, I know.

Just like Clinton said, he did NOT have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.
Ok.

Since you know that there are load-bearing distortions and falsehoods in your criticisms, and you post them anyway, then you really shouldn’t get pissy when people don’t take you seriously.

It’s troll (or even shitposter) stuff, which is not the reputation you say you are going for.
Speaking of load-bearing, “distortions and falsehoods” are pretty heavy terms.

If you’d like to articulate why any or all of my criticisms are so, please do. But unless you do, your terms just don’t seem to carry much weight.

I don’t mean to troll. But I do mean to offer someperspective beyond the echo chamber this place can so often be. There’s got to be a gray area there.

That’s another way of saying, DC’s comment about hollowed-out carcasses seems to ring so true.
I'm not going to "articulate" responses to posts you acknowledged - in the last couple hours! - rely on distortions and falsehoods. That would lend your shitposts credibility they do not, by your own admission, deserve.

Pick a lane.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

People talk about how eerily The Simpsons predicts and foreshadows things.
October 27th 2004. South Park. Foreshadowed the 2020 (and now 2024) Election.
Yeah, they were voting on a replacement for the South Park Cow mascot but the choices were a Turd Sandwich vs. Giant Douche.
I get preferring one choice over the other but I just don't get why people are enamored with either choice.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:44 pm

Ok.

Since you know that there are load-bearing distortions and falsehoods in your criticisms, and you post them anyway, then you really shouldn’t get pissy when people don’t take you seriously.

It’s troll (or even shitposter) stuff, which is not the reputation you say you are going for.

If you’d like to articulate why any or all of my criticisms are so, please do. But unless you do, your terms just don’t seem to carry much weight.

I don’t mean to troll. But I do mean to offer someperspective beyond the echo chamber this place can so often be. There’s got to be a gray area there.

That’s another way of saying, DC’s comment about hollowed-out carcasses seems to ring so true.
I'm not going to "articulate" responses to posts you acknowledged - in the last couple hours! - rely on distortions and falsehoods. That would lend your shitposts credibility they do not, by your own admission, deserve.

Pick a lane.
Dude I don’t recall acknowledging any distortions or falsehoods.

With all due respect, fish, and no pun intended, but - you’re floundering.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

You gonna say you got hacked or something?
jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:58 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:49 am Ho-lee-shit.

“Compassion” and “empathy” and “not a fascist” and “a normal person” are quite the ways to describe a dood whose criticisms also include expanding the police state, gutting environmental protections, reneging migrant asylum, and waging multiple proxy wars with no end in sight…not to mention those pesky little accusations of genocide.

For real, Biden’s biggest accomplishment very well may be taking Trump’s controversial initiatives and making them appealing to liberals. (Remember when we were supposed to vote for Biden cuz the one who was gonna start WW3 was Trump?!)

I miss the days when Democratic scandals were mostly about blowjobs.
There are load-bearing distortions and falsehoods in your criticisms. That is why they fall apart.

Just like Clinton said, he did NOT have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.
These were back to back posts. You had already responded to a different post of twocoach's (which post, and your response, preceded these posts). It would be nonsensical to suggest that your post was not responsive to mine.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Ok.

"expanding the police state" is a distortion
"gutting environmental protections" is a falsehood
"reneging migrant asylum" is a distortion
"waging multiple proxy wars with no end in sight" is a distortion
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think "waging" makes the proxy wars part a falsehood (it would be a distortion to say we are participating in one).
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:11 pm I think "waging" makes the proxy wars part a falsehood (it would be a distortion to say we are participating in one).
Proxy War "a war instigated by a major power which does not itself become involved."

The US did not instigate the war between Russia and Ukraine (unless you want to parrot Putin's BS excuses).

So yes, I agree with you. Ous seems to see his over-the-top descriptions as just him being a smartass, which he seems to think is part of his charm. Which may be the case if we weren't talking about actual, important things where the words you choose make a difference.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

he has no charm.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:22 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:11 pm I think "waging" makes the proxy wars part a falsehood (it would be a distortion to say we are participating in one).
Proxy War "a war instigated by a major power which does not itself become involved."

The US did not instigate the war between Russia and Ukraine (unless you want to parrot Putin's BS excuses).

So yes, I agree with you. Ous seems to see his over-the-top descriptions as just him being a smartass, which he seems to think is part of his charm. Which may be the case if we weren't talking about actual, important things where the words you choose make a difference.
As far as this thinly-populated outpost of a thinly-populated outpost goes, I only take issue with wanting things both ways - provoking people by saying profoundly unserious things, but then getting loudly pissy over not being treated like a serious person.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

S&P 500 and Nasdaq both hit new all-time highs today.

Thanks, Joe!
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Shirley wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:41 pm S&P 500 and Nasdaq both hit new all-time highs today.

Thanks, Joe!
Best economy in 50 years=bad choices I guess
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I think the issue is conflating the stock markets with the economy.

who knows how many Americans are feeling well off, or are feeling the pinch.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:58 pm You gonna say you got hacked or something?
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:49 am Ho-lee-shit.

“Compassion” and “empathy” and “not a fascist” and “a normal person” are quite the ways to describe a dood whose criticisms also include expanding the police state, gutting environmental protections, reneging migrant asylum, and waging multiple proxy wars with no end in sight…not to mention those pesky little accusations of genocide.

For real, Biden’s biggest accomplishment very well may be taking Trump’s controversial initiatives and making them appealing to liberals. (Remember when we were supposed to vote for Biden cuz the one who was gonna start WW3 was Trump?!)

I miss the days when Democratic scandals were mostly about blowjobs.
There are load-bearing distortions and falsehoods in your criticisms. That is why they fall apart.

These were back to back posts. You had already responded to a different post of twocoach's (which post, and your response, preceded these posts). It would be nonsensical to suggest that your post was not responsive to mine.
oh, okay, fine. I guess I can see how you thought that was some distortion and/or falsehood, if you didn't sense the cheekiness to the Clinton comment, and if you also sensed that was the only thing to take away from everthing else I said.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:52 pm

Ok.

"expanding the police state" is a distortion
"gutting environmental protections" is a falsehood
"reneging migrant asylum" is a distortion
"waging multiple proxy wars with no end in sight" is a distortion
ok.

kindly show your work.

Why do you feel so strongly about these comments?

please?

or is this more of those sorts of discussion about which you're "definitely" sure, tho when asked, you can't articulate why?

...with credit given to you and Fish about the "proxy war discussion, cuz, about that...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

seriously?

I just don't know what good it does to reduce "proxy war" to some semantics debate, and also knee-jerk dismiss it as Putin propaganda. This is all very telling here.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sparko wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:34 pm
Shirley wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:41 pm S&P 500 and Nasdaq both hit new all-time highs today.

Thanks, Joe!
Best economy in 50 years=bad choices I guess
"Best economy in 50 years"? I don't know what "best economy" (in 50 years) exactly means.
Can/will you Please explain, what exactly does that mean to you and then tell me if you feel what it means to you is what it should and does mean to all Americans. Thanks in advance.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:01 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:58 pm You gonna say you got hacked or something?

oh, okay, fine. I guess I can see how you thought that was some distortion and/or falsehood, if you didn't sense the cheekiness to the Clinton comment, and if you also sensed that was the only thing to take away from everthing else I said.
You are missing (or avoiding) the point again.

You built your criticisms of Biden on distortions and falsehoods. When you do that, you are signaling the weakness in your argument. One need not support a strong argument with distortions and falsehoods.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:14 pm

seriously?

I just don't know what good it does to reduce "proxy war" to some semantics debate, and also knee-jerk dismiss it as Putin propaganda. This is all very telling here.
You are aware that this “semantics debate” part wasn’t even with you, right?

At this point you’re going out of your way to pick fights here, which I would say is telling.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Words and definitions matter.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

grunt, grunt…ugg
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?