Post by DeletedUser »

It's been years, not months.
twocoach

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:07 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:52 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:33 pm

Speaking of load-bearing, “distortions and falsehoods” are pretty heavy terms.

If you’d like to articulate why any or all of my criticisms are so, please do. But unless you do, your terms just don’t seem to carry much weight.

I don’t mean to troll. But I do mean to offer someperspective beyond the echo chamber this place can so often be. There’s got to be a gray area there.

That’s another way of saying, DC’s comment about hollowed-out carcasses seems to ring so true.
"expanding the police state" is a distortion
"gutting environmental protections" is a falsehood
"reneging migrant asylum" is a distortion
"waging multiple proxy wars with no end in sight" is a distortion
ok.

kindly show your work.

Why do you feel so strongly about these comments?

please?

or is this more of those sorts of discussion about which you're "definitely" sure, tho when asked, you can't articulate why?

...with credit given to you and Fish about the "proxy war discussion, cuz, about that...
You're the one who made the claims that Biden had done all those things so you show your work.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:51 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:46 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:01 pm

oh, okay, fine. I guess I can see how you thought that was some distortion and/or falsehood, if you didn't sense the cheekiness to the Clinton comment, and if you also sensed that was the only thing to take away from everthing else I said.
You are missing (or avoiding) the point again.

You built your criticisms of Biden on distortions and falsehoods. When you do that, you are signaling the weakness in your argument. One need not support a strong argument with distortions and falsehoods.
You sure this isn’t just more of those blatantly obvious sorts of issues that you cannot, or simply will not, understand?

I don’t think it’s “cannot.” Rather than stoop to other’s levels and suggest you’re stupid, I think you’re certainly bright enough. This is more a stubborn thing.

Cuz fwiw I don’t think they’re distortions, nor falsehoods!

Your refusal to even allow criticisms you don’t like here is wild. Like maybe even starting to get concerning.
It's perfectly OK for you to just say "I was just being a smartass because I think it's funny and people called me on it". We already know.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

And to think I am still catching bullets for declining to express strong views on something I recognized that I didn't understand.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The new normal is to say outrageous things and then chalk it up to "I was just being sarcastic" when called out for it. Trump does it all the time.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Locker room talk.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:56 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:22 pm You sure?

I mean, I’ve tried to articulate my positions, and not dwell on one particular issue.

The ones who fail to articulate when asked and keep doubling down on the same sad narrow points to the exclusion of all the evidence otherwise and the other discussions to be had are…well…
This is not an honest way to describe what has happened here.

You are on a months- or years-long exercise in flooding the zone with shit, which you are doing to distract (yourself? us? both?) from the fatal flaw at the heart of everything you have to say on this subject.

The poison you gobbled down like it was the antidote to something - I refer you again to Putin's talking points at the start of the war - has seeped into and infected everything you have to say on this subject.

But go on, project the doubling-down right back onto everyone else.

yeah, I know.

I've made repeated efforts to compare and contrast my position from Putin's, including even agreeing with Putin on certain limited issues (but mostly disagreeing). I've been aware of that all along.

you are on a months- or years-long exercise in loosing your mind about Putin propaganda, across threads, across the entire bored, to the exclusion of the comparisons and contrasts, and to the exclusion of every other everything I've tried to discuss. THAT is the poison that has seeped into into and infected everything you have to say about, well, everything.

Speaking of distracting oneself!

But go on, project that doubling-down right back onto me, in the Uncle Joe thread, after you repeatedly ignore my attempts to discuss so much else yet.

are you aware of that?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:02 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:07 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:52 pm
"expanding the police state" is a distortion
"gutting environmental protections" is a falsehood
"reneging migrant asylum" is a distortion
"waging multiple proxy wars with no end in sight" is a distortion
ok.

kindly show your work.

Why do you feel so strongly about these comments?

please?

or is this more of those sorts of discussion about which you're "definitely" sure, tho when asked, you can't articulate why?

...with credit given to you and Fish about the "proxy war discussion, cuz, about that...
You're the one who made the claims that Biden had done all those things so you show your work.
derp

viewtopic.php?p=406005#p406005

ball's in your court, bro. You're turn to clarify your "distortions and falsehoods."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:10 pm And to think I am still catching bullets for declining to express strong views on something I recognized that I didn't understand.
this is another one of those tells.

how do you expect to be taken seriously about your understanding of one geopolitical conflict, when your understanding of other geopolitical conflicts remains so completely fucked that you decline to take issue with your and my U.S. tax dollars buying U.S. bombs for U.S. allies to drop on U.S. humanitarian aid workers?

I'm afraid there simply may not be some nuance and complex understanding still obscurely hiding out there somewhere that warrants some ongoing benefit of the doubt. Rather, I'm afraid that issue really just may be precisely as fucked up as it sounds.

let's nip this in the bud, tho, or try to, again, at least:

again, I am very aware I have inevitably been exposed to mis- and dis-information.

...are you?
Last edited by ousdahl on Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

JFC. Starting early today I see.

Friendly advice:
Step 1: click on user control panel
Step 2: scroll over to the list icon
Step 3: click "delete my account"
Step 4: enjoy life away from the screen
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:35 am JFC. Starting early today I see.

Friendly advice:
Step 1: click on user control panel
Step 2: scroll over to the list icon
Step 3: click "delete my account"
Step 4: enjoy life away from the screen
illy, this seems so disingenuous. kindly refrain, please. You haven't expressed enough good faith over the years for your advice to be taken seriously.

Your "delete yourself" refrain comes across as just more thinly-veiled antagonism that's only so far removed from the classic internet bully refrain of, "kill yourself."

rather, maybe try for some more comprehensive de-escalation, that calls less for some pointed action against me specifically, and some more general appeal for everyone to just chill the fuck out.

For real you guys!

Wanna just like, all meet up in the Good Vibes thread and enjoy an iced chamomile or something?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Everyone would chill out if you'd stop posting.

That's not disingenuous advice. That's serious advice. You're embarrassing yourself. For going on 2+ years now, consecutively.

There are thousands of messageboards out there if this is the only way to cure your loneliness. Find one that fits you better (for these specific topics).

Do you think this is productive? Do you think you're proving yourself to be a geopolitical conflict expert? Because you're not.

Seriously. Every single day? You sound like a fucking idiot. You took a board that was about 90% pro Ousdahl approximately 3 years ago, and now almost everyone finds you annoying. There are a few ultra nice people who keep the kiddie gloves on with you, like 99 and japhy, and thank god for people like them. Most of us aren't that patient.

There has to be a better way for you to entertain yourself. I know it.

Maybe Plano will slap some sense into you at solstice?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

whoa, is Plano gonna be at solstice?!

but for real illy, you once again sound antagonistic.

You say I "sound like a fucking idiot." You also, while spending more time and posting even more than I do around here any more, also go for some smack talk about loneliness. And you even admit you and others "aren't that patient," as if that's somehow my fault. You even insinuate the solution here is violence against me, suggesting another post should "slap some sense" into me.

I ask again:

if I really am such a bother, why not just ignore me?

I mean, I ignored you for months, and it actually made my message board experience more pleasant.

why should it be up to me to have to accommodate you?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Well, that's my quota of patience today.

Think I'll get some breakfast ready for the sleeping kids while the wife is at the gym working out...then mow the front yard real quick before heading to golf course for the rest of the day. Going to be a hot one out here in central Illinois, so some beers while mowing may be required to ensure hydration.

Good luck today. Maybe today is the day you prove everyone wrong!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

boy do I wish I could spend so many weekdays drinking beers and playing games.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I wish you could to. Especially if that meant you'd spend less time on the politics board.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I have been spending less time on the politics bored.

It's largely cuz I can't even discuss Uncle Joe or the environment or immigration or anything without the usual suspects once again going all PuTiN PaRrOt!!!!

but hey, there's reason for hope here. Even Sparko now is coming around to the idea that the Cold War never really went away. Imma be optimistic and say, that's progress!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Keep fighting to good fight. You're doing very important work around here.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

OK then, if you say so.

to think - I was on the user control panel and just about to click "delete account," but then saw your words of encouragement, and decided to keep it up instead.

For you, illy.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Back to Joe Biden. Sorry kids.

I decided to go to X and type Joe Biden in the search. These were the first 3 tweets/Xs.

https://twitter.com/DschlopesIsBack/sta ... 5242665469

https://twitter.com/nicksortor/status/1 ... 3723901208

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1801310092869960157
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.