Contributor

Re: Iced tea

Post by TDub »

and they taste bad
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

The appropriate flavor of tea is sweet tea.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:22 pm The appropriate flavor of tea is sweet tea.
Cue Ous attack on big sugar.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:22 pm The appropriate flavor of tea is sweet tea.
maybe worse than flavored.

unsweetened iced tea only, nothing else is acceptable *for me personally of course *

sweet tea is disgusting.
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Blasphemous

Maybe I lived in the south too long. But I love some good sweet tea.

I do think there is shitty sweet tea though, and we've I've had it I thought it was gross.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I am an omni tea drinker. Sweet. Unsweetened. I like fresh lemon and sweet tea best, it is the way of the warrior.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:39 pm
maybe worse than flavored.

unsweetened iced tea only, nothing else is acceptable *for me personally of course *

sweet tea is disgusting.
This guy gets it. Unsweetened, for fake fruit flavors, just give me the iced tea. So nice to be able to order an iced tea here and not have to be worried about getting a glass of pancake syrup.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Tried green tea today. On Fridays, not as worried about extra caffeine keeping me up later than expected.

Specifically, it’s “Zen” tea - green tea with spearmint and lemongrass.

(The store had Tazo brand teas for cheap a while back so I stocked up)

Not big on this one. Don’t get much of any of the green or lemongrass or mint flavors. Just kinda earthy and bland.

Fave still hibiscus.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm down with green tea.
Was a chef's thing several years ago and this dude from Oregon had a tea tasting seminar thingie. I remember the pur-eh that he poured. It's an aged tea, up to 3 years I think. great stuff.
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:41 am Tried green tea today. On Fridays, not as worried about extra caffeine keeping me up later than expected.

Not big on this one. Don’t get much of any of the green or lemongrass or mint flavors. Just kinda earthy and bland.

Fave still hibiscus.
gets hammered on a random Tuesday night, gets stoned....whenever...

is worried about the caffeine in a green tea, so waits until Friday

checks out, makes sense.
Just Ledoux it
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

TDub wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:01 pm gets hammered on a random Tuesday night, gets stoned....whenever...
i really enjoy that i can go out on a random tuesday night as my job allows it, as well as get stoned 'whenever' as my job allows it.

Sorry if you just have time to yourself in a small window on Sat/Sun.

edit: i don't have a lot of free time, myself...but it can be when I make it.
Last edited by Back2Lawrence on Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:13 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:01 pm gets hammered on a random Tuesday night, gets stoned....whenever...
i really enjoy that i can go out on a random tuesday night as my job allows it, as well as get stoned 'whenever' as my job allows it.

that's terrific, but the post wasn't about what I do or don't do
Just Ledoux it
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

TDub wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:16 pm

oh, i knew you'd say that...you weren't specific...just judgy as to when people can/do choose to get altered...sorry if it's implied in what you typed that tuesday is an inappropriate time to do 'whatever'.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:18 pm

oh, i knew you'd say that...you weren't specific...just judgy as to when people can/do choose to get altered...sorry if it's implied in what you typed that tuesday is an inappropriate time to do 'whatever'.
I'm not fucking judging anybody you fool.

I'm saying it's fucking dumb to be concerned about the caffeine in a green tea when you, in the same week, get hammered on a Tuesday night. As if the caffeine in the green tea is going to mess up your work day.

if you get hammered on weeknights, great, I don't give a shit. Do you. But, if you do, then you also can't pretend to be some sort of "my body is a temple" yogi and be super cautious with a frigging tea.
Just Ledoux it
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

TDub wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:22 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:18 pm

I'm not fucking judging anybody you fool.

I'm saying it's fucking dumb to be concerned about the caffeine in a green tea when you, in the same week, get hammered on a Tuesday night. As if the caffeine in the green tea is going to mess up your work day.

if you get hammered on weeknights, great, I don't give a shit. Do you. But, if you do, then you also can't pretend to be some sort of "my body is a temple" yogi and be super cautious with a frigging tea.
again, maybe the caffeine on a friday night would mess up a saturday work day for that person.

I don't generally get fucked up at all anymore. What others do with themselves also generally doesn't concern me.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

you're still missing the point

but that's OK, It really doesn't matter
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m sensitive to caffeine, and might not sleep at night if I have too much, particularly later in the day. Green tea is pretty mild tho.

And I usually have a hard rule against getting gushered in a school night tho. I have one beer at taco Tuesday and that’s it. But when somebody else keeps offering me shots, you think I’m gonna say no to her?

It’s not like I spend my whole weekday drinking beer and playing golf.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:41 am Tried green tea today. On Fridays, not as worried about extra caffeine keeping me up later than expected.

Fave still hibiscus.
Tazo Zen is one of my favorites! I totally get the mint and lemongrass. Their chai (means “tea” - yes, chai tea is stupid) is also good but not the pumpkin spice chai or vanilla caramel chai. Twining Earl Gray is my go to. But no tea after 3 pm. Rooibos is disgusting.

No Arnold Palmer discussion in Iced Tea thread?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

zsn wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:32 pm

Fave still hibiscus.
Tazo Zen is one of my favorites! I totally get the mint and lemongrass. Their chai (means “tea” - yes, chai tea is stupid) is also good but not the pumpkin spice chai or vanilla caramel chai. Twining Earl Gray is my go to. But no tea after 3 pm. Rooibos is disgusting.

No Arnold Palmer discussion in Iced Tea thread?
That's about the only way I'll drink tea. Otherwise, no thanks.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman