Iowa/UConn women’s game

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Iowa/UConn women’s game

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Hate is a strong word - but maybe it really is hate? To me, jealousy may be a more appropriate word.
Players are learning that if they do something in a game against her they will be talked about. Unfortunately, not too many players are doing positive things in game to garner praise, and instead they are fine with doing negative things to garner the attention they seek. Good vs Evil and they are fine with the evil label.

There are a lot of really good WNBA players. A'Ja Wilson may be the best player in the league right now.
I am confident over 50% of people who say they are Caitlin Clark fans can't tell you what team A'Ja Wilson plays for. If that's true, why is it true? I would say that's something the league needs to figure out and work on - but the league is probably as strong today as it has ever been. Due to a single player who simply is not the best player in the league - and it's not even up for debate.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

If we are being honest, I don't know what A'Ja Wilson looks like or where she plays.

The reason why is that I think women's basketball is boring to watch on TV, so I watch other things instead.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:39 am If we are being honest, I don't know what A'Ja Wilson looks like or where she plays.

The reason why is that I think women's basketball is boring to watch on TV, so I watch other things instead.
"I think women's basketball is boring to watch on TV".

To each their own but that's a very broad general statement to me.
I say that being, I am curious if you would find a close women's NCAA tournament game to be more boring to watch on tv than a regular season not close non-conference game men's game between let's say two teams such as DePaul and New jersey Institute of Technology.

I have been to boring WNBA games in person and I have gone to exciting WNBA games in person.
I have watching boring WNBA games on tv and I have watched exciting WNBA games on tv.
Ditto NCAA women's games.
Ditto NCAA men's games.
Ditto NBA games.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i find most nba and wnba games pretty boring on the whole

it’s the individual performances, at least outside of the post-season, that pique my interests
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I enjoy NBA basketball. Regular season and post season.

I enjoy regular season college basketball when it's a big time matchup or close game. Or if KU is playing. I enjoy the tournament.

I have no interest in watching KState vs Utah or whichever new big12 team they are playing.

I have no interest in women's college basketball. I'd watch the final 4. The most interest I've ever had in women's basketball was this year, with CC.

I have no interest in watching close or not close WNBA games. But I do have interest in watching CC and how she is being treated/how she is performing. As long as they can give them to me in 5min clips so I don't have to watch all the actual (bad?) basketball.

On the whole, I would not say I am a CC "fan", I certainly wasn't during her time at Iowa. But she's winning me over by handling this stuff with class, even though she's whiny on the court.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Reach out?

Finally some Caitlin Clark wingspan talk!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I tried....but my god is that incredibly boring.

I don't hate hs girls basketball, probably because it's community support and I know the families etc.

but goddamn if the WNBA isn't the worst product out there. It's unwatchable. Decent mens HS bball is significantly more entertaining. It's just fact.

On the other hand, women's college softball is fun, much more fun to watch then college baseball or the MLB I think.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:42 pm I tried....but my god is that incredibly boring.

I don't hate hs girls basketball, probably because it's community support and I know the families etc.

but goddamn if the WNBA isn't the worst product out there. It's unwatchable. Decent mens HS bball is significantly more entertaining. It's just fact.

On the other hand, women's college softball is fun, much more fun to watch then college baseball or the MLB I think.
These Life Lessons Are Necessary, Not Optional (Wisdom from Elders)

Derek Cressman
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

do you have stock in the WNBA ie something? ha
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:42 pm Chicago Sky 83

Indian Fever 91

Caitlin Clark DROPS 23pts, 9ast, 8reb In Win! WNBA Indiana Fever vs Chicago Sky
Biggest joke is that both Reese and Clark say Reese's foul today was a basketball move. Meanwhile, a LOT of the WNBA wannabe experts feel differently and have expressed it - vehemently.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:13 pm
Shirley wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:42 pm Chicago Sky 83

Indian Fever 91

Caitlin Clark DROPS 23pts, 9ast, 8reb In Win! WNBA Indiana Fever vs Chicago Sky
Biggest joke is that both Reese and Clark say Reese's foul today was a basketball move. Meanwhile, a LOT of the WNBA wannabe experts feel differently and have expressed it - vehemently.
I don't use the "C" word much, but, what "foul"?
Derek Cressman
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Angel Reese to me just has that angry tough gang banger look. I look forward to the Fever Chi Sky games though for the mix ups between CC and her opponents. I can’t help rooting for CC.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan