Contributor

Re: Royals

Post by Sparko »

But an awfully expensive shed.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Bases loaded, Royals need a run, Q leaves Velazques in who has four outs in two ABs. And Hampson. Look, start guys consistently, but if you decide to save lefties for situation hitting, pinch freaking hit. Just losing in all phases. Q grrrrrrrrr
Last edited by Sparko on Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Oof Royals home stand not great.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:09 pm Oof Royals home stand not great.
Bad coaching fielding hitting and pitching this series
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Whew.
Close one there - at least we weren't swept.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Saw the Royals were up 2-0 in the 8th. Thought uh-oh. Great comeback, but a little pissed that has to happen all the time
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Shirley wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:59 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:35 am Did you go or going this afternoon?
No. I was thinking about it last night, then saw it's showing on ESPN+.

So instead, because the temp was actually below 80 for a change when I got up this morning, I went for a 22 mile bike ride.

Then, when I went to pull the game up on ESPN+ at 1:00, it turns out it's blacked out in the Tampa Bay area................ Snake-bit much!!!

So now, I'm watching Wichita State play Tulane in the AAC tournament championship on ESPN+, instead.
This is an old post bump Shirley, but just in case you want to spend some $$$ to watch the Royals the rest of the year......(I promise I won't Rick Roll anymore)

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/subscribe

as of this post, it's "50% off"
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:08 pm
Shirley wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:59 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:35 am Did you go or going this afternoon?
No. I was thinking about it last night, then saw it's showing on ESPN+.

So instead, because the temp was actually below 80 for a change when I got up this morning, I went for a 22 mile bike ride.

Then, when I went to pull the game up on ESPN+ at 1:00, it turns out it's blacked out in the Tampa Bay area................ Snake-bit much!!!

So now, I'm watching Wichita State play Tulane in the AAC tournament championship on ESPN+, instead.
This is an old post bump Shirley, but just in case you want to spend some $$$ to watch the Royals the rest of the year......(I promise I won't Rick Roll anymore)

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/subscribe

as of this post, it's "50% off"
That's a good deal, I'll have to think it over, thanks.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Two guys in a deep slump hit HRs against Ragans who had his best stuff to tie the game. Then the ball seemed to be made of lead. Lost 4-3 on bloopers. Sigh. Vinnie hit the ball on the nose twice and somehow can't get the ball out of the park.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

So are you actually suggesting those batters get juiced balls and then they switch to dead balls for the Royals? Because that’s how these posts read.

You have to say this stuff tongue-in-cheek yes?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Buxton hit a ball last year against a North wind 460 feet. This year, odds are it is a fly out. This may be the "meh" ball era. I have watched a lot of baseball this year, and it it seems pretty random if the ball will leave the park. Like balls mixed in from different formulations across the league. Lots of consecutive singles for several teams. Interesting side note, Salvy's hit was the hardest hit ball since 2015. But the ball seemed to be a lot less lively on other big swings.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Trent McDuffie jersey behind home plate
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Nice AB by Melendez, ending in a dead ball grand slam.

Your answer couldn’t have been any less committal, Sparko. lol.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think the balls are really variable. Listen to that hit by Freeman. Yow. That ball was dead thank God.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Mookie Betts crowds the plate, hands in strike zone, gets hit with a fastball on the hands. Booo. Booooo. But really he has been getting away with crowding the zone a long time. Wasn't that bad of a pitch.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He has a fractured hand and is out for a while.
From my very little knowledge of him when he was playing for the Sox ( basically when I first moved here ) he always seemed like a good dude.

But now that he plays for the Dodger$, well, you never want someone to get injured, and I feel for the dude himself, but certainly don't feel for the franchise that he plays for.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I can't imagine feeling sorry for any of these clubs/owners, in the context of a player getting injured.

But at least the Dodgers (now, anyway) spend money and try to win every year. I have significantly less sympathy still for those ownership groups that do not try.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The Dodgers ( and the teams that have higher bankrolls ) are one of the reasons I can't stand MLB.
So fuck em.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

The disparity in payrolls is laughable. Especially in a closed-system.