KU FB offseason

Kansas Football.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: KU FB offseason

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:50 am If you could somehow promise me Daniels would stay healthy I’d very much take that bet ( that KU would finish top 8 in the SEC ).
Can't promise you that and I'm not expecting it. I hope I am wrong.

Part of why KU is ranked top 20 preseason is because they play a Big 12 schedule.

Without knowing who KU would play in the SEC, if I had to guess, I would say KU might finish behind most if not all of these teams in the SEC.
Georgia
Bama
Texas
Oklahoma
LSU
Florida
Missou
Tennessee
A&M
Ole Miss
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

A lot of years, yes.

This year, no.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:54 am A lot of years, yes.

This year, no.
I can't figure out if you and pdub are you overrating KU more or underrating the SEC more.
I can't figure out if I am underrating KU more or overrating the SEC more.
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:03 am

This year, no.
I can't figure out if you and pdub are you overrating KU more or underrating the SEC more.
I can't figure out if I am underrating KU more or overrating the SEC more.
Probably a bit of both. We are both naturally less negative than you as well.

ESPN has KU ranked 17th in their most recent power rankings. They have 9 SEC teams ahead of them. So, they'd seem to agree with you.

The schedule would matter A LOT. Not sure you can even debate it with the lopsided schedule that the SEC has.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This year, no.
This.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think if Daniels is healthy we are a top 15 team - we finished in the top 25 last season ( and incredibly close to top 15 sans some poor officiating and a Bean injury that likely led to 2 looses ) and our offense returned most of the talent back AND Daniels ( again if healthy ) is better than Bean. We also, year after year, have improved significantly and have a great coach so it wouldn't be a stretch to think we'd continue that trajectory.

I also think some of those SEC schools will turn out to be worse than those rankings -- ESPN is always high on the SEC ( maybe rightfully so ). We even beat one of the SEC teams that is currently preseason ranked higher than we are without Daniels -- and they stand to get worse without their top QB. MIZZOU's ranking also seems pretty inflated as they lost their best offensive player AND a lot on defense, including their coordinator.

Again, this is the big asterisk, but i'd put down 1000 bucks that KU would finish top 8 in the SEC if you could tell me Daniels ( top 15 in odds to win the Heisman ) played every game.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Yeah, 7-5 Texas A&M was in the top half of the SEC. I'd take that bet.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Look we not in the SEC..yet so it plays in our favor. This year and next we can actually get in the playoffs with just winning the Big 12. Huge. We have new stadium on the way and we make the playoffs we have the mo.

JD is for sure going to have to play for us to get there. But we have a shot.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Juju Marks great get for KU football! 6-8 275 O-lineman. https://www2.kusports.com/sports/colleg ... ect-marks/
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Landing more of the Kansas kids over ksu will be a telling sign that we're legit.
All signs point for the no. 1 prospect, 5 star Linkon Cure ( from all the way in West Kansas in Goodland ), going to ksu, but man, what a swing that would be if we could land him.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

AlOerter wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:45 am Juju Marks great get for KU football! 6-8 275 O-lineman. https://www2.kusports.com/sports/colleg ... ect-marks/
…Marks had a variety of highly touted offers — his top eight schools, released on April 21, included Alabama, Missouri, Ole Miss, Oregon, Tennessee, USC and Wisconsin alongside KU…

i still have to pinch myself on occasion when i read such things
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Oh boy it looks like we getting another transfer. Bryce Foster OC a 6-5, 330 mauler with 28 SEC starts for Texas A&M. This offense is going to Elite.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:27 pm Do you all remember this guy?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -threshold
I just read this article.....

clipped this: The 37 vacated wins dropped Miles' overall record from 145-73, a winning percentage of .665, to 108-73, a winning percentage of .597.

So they don't vacate losses during the time frame in question? Shouldn't it just undo EVERYTHING, and not just wins? Or did they win 37 in a row at some point and I care so little about college football as a whole that I don't know this.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Miles was that old line coach that prospered by doing things the wrong way and on the backs of his staff. He did start the rebuild here.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

hartjack8 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:48 am Oh boy it looks like we getting another transfer. Bryce Foster OC a 6-5, 330 mauler with 28 SEC starts for Texas A&M. This offense is going to Elite.
Man. So I was checking on this and he has two years of eligibility however He is the highest rated Jayhawk in the 2025 NFL draft. Depending on where you look he #1 or #2 OC. To me this just solidifies the OL. With the skill positions coming back this was the ? as well as TE with the injury. But now we looking at a serious plus. Good times
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

hartjack8 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:40 pm
hartjack8 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:48 am Oh boy it looks like we getting another transfer. Bryce Foster OC a 6-5, 330 mauler with 28 SEC starts for Texas A&M. This offense is going to Elite.
Man. So I was checking on this and he has two years of eligibility however He is the highest rated Jayhawk in the 2025 NFL draft. Depending on where you look he #1 or #2 OC. To me this just solidifies the OL. With the skill positions coming back this was the ? as well as TE with the injury. But now we looking at a serious plus. Good times
Appreciate the info!
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Good times indeed!
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Interesting signing for KU football per KU Sports.com:

"The Kansas football team picked up another in-state recruit on Sunday night in Tate Nagy, who plays quarterback at Blue Valley West but is expected to help KU bolster its future group of wide receivers.

Nagy joins Jackson Cook from Snellville, Georgia, among the wide receivers in the 2025 class who will play a role in accounting for the losses of Lawrence Arnold, Luke Grimm, Quentin Skinner and more following the 2024 season.

Nagy, a three-star prospect and the 14th commitment in the class overall for KU, is the son of Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator and former Chicago Bears head coach Matt Nagy."

Having a guy that presumably understands the game and has real NFL ties could be a valuable asset to the team.