Re: This Happened To Me Once:

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

15-year-old Brigham Hawkins was rescued by his family after a bear slashed the boy, cutting his face. The bear came through an open door and attacked Brigham from behind. He had just finished a long day of fishing and went to the family's bunk house to watch TV. The rest of the family was still in the cabin about 20-feet away.

Bear attacks Arizona teen watching TV
Derek Cressman
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Shirley wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:41 pm 15-year-old Brigham Hawkins was rescued by his family after a bear slashed the boy, cutting his face. The bear came through an open door and attacked Brigham from behind. He had just finished a long day of fishing and went to the family's bunk house to watch TV. The rest of the family was still in the cabin about 20-feet away.

And that…kids….is why you wash your hands after you handle a live fish.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Video shows two cyclists hit by SUV outside DFW Airport

The comments say the guy who gets run over in the video is a retired physician, but no one can prove I was anywhere near that area.
Derek Cressman
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Overlander wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:44 pm
Shirley wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:41 pm 15-year-old Brigham Hawkins was rescued by his family after a bear slashed the boy, cutting his face. The bear came through an open door and attacked Brigham from behind. He had just finished a long day of fishing and went to the family's bunk house to watch TV. The rest of the family was still in the cabin about 20-feet away.

And that…kids….is why you wash your hands after you handle a live fish.
4th grade. I am 10 and on a fishing trip with my Dad, Grandpa and several other male relatives and family friends on a remote, fly-in Lake in the middle of nowhere Ontario. We land on the lake (yes our plane had pontoons and hopped lake to lake) and haul our gear up to the cabin. The dude shows us the cabin, the ice house (refrigeration was a block of ice covered in sawdust in a wood shack outside the cabin) and the outhouse. He pointed to the large claw marks down the door of the outhouse and the corner chewed off the door and said "that's what happens when you don't haul your fish guts away from the cabin". Every dinner and many lunches for the week was fried walleye. Heaven.

Every night after we came in and the adults cleaned the fish, my cousin and I got the job to drive the bucket of fish guts out to a rock in the middle of the lake where the eagles would come and eat them.

I can still see those claw marks.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wild!

In Oregon I remember parking in a campground park to fish a river in the Cascades. It was winter, so no one else was around. There was a dumpster there that had been knocked on its side and looked like critters did it to get into the old trash.

At the time, I assumed bears. But, considering there are only black bears in OR, and how big the average black bear is relative to the size of the dumpster and how much strength it would take to knock on its side, now I'm wondering.

I think the thing to conclude is...Sasquatch.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

When I was a kid, my uncle had a cabin near Sequoia NP. It was small and he and my aunt had a lot of kids. Three of the younger kids had to sleep in the fake wood paneled station wagon. We wake up in the morning and there are bear paw and nose prints all over the car windows. Pretty glad I slept through it.

Got chased by a momma bear in Yellowstone. This was back when they used to advertise to come to Yellowstone and feed the bears. Got too close to a cub.
Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

For the record: It doesn't hurt my feelings whatsoever that everyone would rather talk about a post made 3 weeks ago than one I posted last night about me getting run over by a car.
Derek Cressman
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shirley wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:15 am For the record: It doesn't hurt my feelings whatsoever that everyone would rather talk about a post made 3 weeks ago than one I posted last night about me getting run over by a car.

you got run over by a car? sorry...I missed it, I've been either at work or on my roof for the last few days. I assume you made it or else your post is proof of ghost writing.....Hope you're ok
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Was that you riding around DFW? I though you were in floridduh.
Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:35 am
Shirley wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:15 am For the record: It doesn't hurt my feelings whatsoever that everyone would rather talk about a post made 3 weeks ago than one I posted last night about me getting run over by a car.

you got run over by a car? sorry...I missed it, I've been either at work or on my roof for the last few days. I assume you made it or else your post is proof of ghost writing.....Hope you're ok
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:36 am Was that you riding around DFW? I though you were in floridduh.
For the record, I'm very touched by your concern. And, if you believe the title of this thread, it "happened" to me...

Right?

Right?
Derek Cressman
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I hope you recover soon.
Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:15 am I hope you recover soon.
You're too nice, 99.
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Wait. Shirley is Gordon Ramsey?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Man Sneezes Out ‘Loops’ of His Large Intestine During Breakfast in Florida Diner

A man who just had surgical staples removed from his stomach “forcibly” sneezed, causing his incision site to rupture.

A man who had recently had abdominal surgery sneezed out parts of his large intestine while eating breakfast with his wife in a Florida diner.

What happened to him is known as evisceration, a “rare complication of abdominal surgery,” says a report on the case in the American Journal of Medical Case Reports.

The man, 63, had recently had a cystectomy, which is surgery on his bladder, with the incision site being sealed with surgical staples.

He had gone to his urology clinic that morning for a check-up, where “his wound appeared well-healed and the overlying staples were removed. He and his wife went to breakfast to celebrate,” the report says.

However, during breakfast he sneezed “forcibly” — followed by a coughing fit — which caused the surgical site to rupture.

“He immediately noticed a ‘wet’ sensation and pain in his lower abdomen,” the report says. “Looking down, he observed several loops of pink bowel protruding from his recent surgical site.”

[...]
Derek Cressman
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Wtf. Ouch.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Reminds me: get Kielbasa on the way home.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I saw a dude get eviscerated once.
We had to tell him his intestines were spilling out.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Thankfully this did NOT happen to me once.
If it did, I don't know what I would - after I either puked or had a heart attack.

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1 ... 1385250912
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.