Uncle Joe

Ugh.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by Sparko »

Yeah, what Fish said. It is moronic surrendering objective reality, but school vouchers will surely fix it.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:58 pm i very much agree with that
It’s also a long and smaller-stakes-too ground game - the Ds are using Trump’s legal fees grift to seek and capitalize on what should be pronounced state/local R weakness.

Those races are, in most cases, far more impactful on everyday life (and, in many ways, future elections) than national or even statewide races.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Recently, Trump had 20 oil co. CEO's over for ("chopped steak, wtf?) dinner at Mar-a-Lago and told them that if they'd donate a Billion dollars to his campaign to retake the White House, he'd reward them with tax cuts and undo Biden's environmental policy accomplishments. Quid pro quo much?

Unlike Trump, Biden's not a fascist.

If only we had a choice...

Meanwhile: Today In-Not Fascist!

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:56 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:18 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:43 am

I do think it’s blatantly obvious that the evidence here suggests this IS a U.S. proxy war in Ukraine. (Israel too!)

It’s you who summarily disregards the evidence presented, while also gloating about how this war helps U.S. interests like weakening Russia and flexing on China, as if that isn’t even more evidence of war by proxy in itself.

For real, how do you ignore the U.S.’s decades of meddling in Ukraine, the bajillions in weapons support, the more strategic support yet, the boots on the ground, the CIA black ops sites, the victory-lap pep rallies in the immediate aftermath of Maidan, MC’d by none other than Biden himself (oh hey we’re actually on topic here!), even if we somehow don’t bother to consider whether the U.S. was directly involved in Maidan either way.

I didn’t expect “proxy war” to be such a trigger. But I’ll admit, “right-wing” is a trigger for me. Rather, I think the more right-wing position espoused here is your dogged insistence upon the hawk-nationalist rhetoric about unprovoked, unilateral, one-to-tango perception of Ukraine, as if all the evidence just presented to you - once again! - is somehow immaterial.

But let’s not dwell on Ukraine, cuz we all know you can offer little more than another parroting of the WMDs-in-Iraq sort of talking points and a stubborn refusal to understand anything but.

Cuz honestly, I might walk back the “expand the police state.” Biden did sign off on billions to law enforcement, without addressing any sort of law enforcement reform, despite the wake of the BLM protests; not to mention the dozens of Cop Cities currently being built with him in the big chair.

As for environment, his big green bill seemed like a wolf in sheep’s clothing, considering all the concessions it made to oil. He also just relaxed fuel efficiency goals for passenger cars. He also crippled environmental regs for the sake of border security.

Speaking of, he did campaign in ‘20 on rhetoric like preserving access to asylum to migrant refugees, to contrast himself with Trump’s more hardline stance; only to now sign off on a more Trumpian limiting of access to asylum to migrant refugees.
Biden's "lack" of addressing police reform:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... -rcna30548

So you're wrong, he hasn't done nothing.

"He also just relaxed fuel efficiency goals for passenger cars"? He didn't "relax" the target. It is just not as low as his original proposal while still being lower than what it was previously.
https://apnews.com/article/gas-mileage- ... e4c69a9847

And we can quibble about the semantics of the term "proxy war" all you want. We are helping a country avoid being taken over by Russia. So are almost all of the nations of Europe with whom we are allies. It is the right thing to do globally.

"He also crippled environmental regs for the sake of border security." Yeah, you're going to need to provide some linked details on what specifically you feel is "crippling environmental regs". Sorry if I don't just assume you are or aren't right about that. You obviously have something specific on your mind.

And I have zero problem with Biden limiting the number of people who have access to asylum requests right now. The numbers are at an unsustainable volume at this time. A good leader adjusts to realities and isn't blindly beholden to their statements from 4 years ago regardless of the reality of the situation. He has not eliminated the ability to request asylum.
Like I said, I might be willing to walk back the stuff about the police state. Biden didn’t fully leverage the momentum of BLM and defund the police, but he at least did that EO you link.

I think “just not as low as his original (efficiency) proposal” is more or less synonymous with to “relax” the original proposal, but let’s not bicker about vocabulary.

I also think “helping another country” in matters of war is synonymous with helping by “proxy,” but again.

Here’s the environmental regs link: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politi ... outh-texas

It was discussed here at the time, and, as far as I can remember, I think it’s the last time trad and I agreed about anything…at least out loud. (Sigh)

Fwiw a lot of civil/human rights/immigrant advocacy/other such groups are taking issue with Biden’s limiting of asylum. IIRC there’s also random arbitrary rules in effect like, once granted the asylum provsss a refugee has all of four hours to find a lawyer and begin the legal process, or else they gotta go.

It’s just surprising how quickly so many dems went from “Trump’s border policies are racist” to “a good leader adjusts to realities”
THAT is what you called "gutting environmental protections"?!? Like I said, overly dramatic.

"IIRC there’s also random arbitrary rules in effect like, once granted the asylum provsss a refugee has all of four hours to find a lawyer and begin the legal process, or else they gotta go. "

You don't remember correctly. As usual, you leave out a lot of details. That timeframe only applies to people who cross the border illegally prior to applying for asylum. And the clock only starts during 7am-7pm business hours. And they still have a chance to make their case prior to being removed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/05/us/p ... %20Tuesday.

"Starting on Wednesday, migrants who cross into the United States illegally have four hours to find a lawyer if they want to argue that they should be an exception to the sweeping restrictions on asylum that Mr. Biden announced on Tuesday.

If they cannot find a lawyer, they have to make a credible case on their own or be turned back immediately. Migrants previously had at least 24 hours or more to find a lawyer."
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

every single topic, it seems
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Yeah.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Thanks, Joe!

The cost of travel is coming down, with gas prices, airfares and rental car prices all lower as AAA says it expects a record 70.9 million people to travel over the July 4th weekend.

Travel costs drop for what could be a record summer season
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Damned Bidenomics. LOL! I saw a comment on .commie lamenting the difficulty completing complex construction projects of the new KU stadium. Poster One blamed Biden of course. But the crack-down on immigration and the hot competition in the building sector leads to price increases. The latter is a good thing. If you can rent experts for pennies on the dollar, that would be objectively bad. Hot economic activity is a goal of course.

They know not what.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:00 pm Damned Bidenomics. LOL! I saw a comment on .commie lamenting the difficulty completing complex construction projects of the new KU stadium. Poster One blamed Biden of course. But the crack-down on immigration and the hot competition in the building sector leads to price increases. The latter is a good thing. If you can rent experts for pennies on the dollar, that would be objectively bad. Hot economic activity is a goal of course.

They know not what.
.com ? I thought it had shut down?
Derek Cressman
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I spent 28 bucks at taco bell last night. bidenomics at work.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:32 pm I spent 28 bucks at taco bell last night. bidenomics at work.
Tell us you're a P I G without telling us you're a P I G.
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Shirley wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:13 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:32 pm I spent 28 bucks at taco bell last night. bidenomics at work.
My hope is he bought food for other people but my hope is also that it wasn't his grandkid/s that he bought the food for and poisoned.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:42 pm
Shirley wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:13 pm
My hope is he bought food for other people but my hope is also that it wasn't his grandkid/s that he bought the food for and poisoned.
9 Crunchy Taco Supremes will set you back < $25.

(Not that I would know.)

And that's 3 meals, $25/3 = $8.33/meal, for me.
Derek Cressman
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Joe Biden forced you to eat shitty food?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:56 pm
Joe Biden forced you to eat shitty food?
I'll let MICH answer that but if you were to ask me the same question I might respond...
No, but if people want to simplify what positive bearing/s UJ (Uncle Joesph) has on economy, that's fine and dandy, but then I feel it's justifiable for me and others to simplify his negative bearing/s too - and to ridicule him for being partially (define partially as you choose) responsible for helping to enable the insane increase in/of the cost of fast food in this country.
P.S. The price/s people pay at Taco Bell these days hurts Biden's re-election chances more than it helps him.

Southfield Legend gets it. ;)

https://twitter.com/Wallahi_Genius/stat ... 4008333523
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

what SPECIFICALLY has Biden done to “enable” the cost of fast food to increase?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

He let millions of eeeeleeegals in the country, duh.
Broham
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

"inflation is not my problem"

OLD UNCLE FOR 24

can i get that on a yard sign.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:10 am intelligence is not my strong suit
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Eating hispanic foods while screaming invasion and bitching about the higher cost of food. Because there are fewer people harvesting said food. Inflation is still pumping up egos of the daft.