Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by jfish26 »

BREAKING: In a stunning video, Donald Trump blames NATO for Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine. Donald Trump is parroting Russian talking points. Donald Trump is the greatest threat to American democracy in decades. Retweet so all Americans know it.
https://x.com/bidenswins/status/1804294 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Russia hoax. Um yeah. When did he stop beating his wife? And taking Russian money?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ICC judges issue arrest warrants against Sergei Kuzhugetovich Shoigu and Valery Vasilyevich Gerasimov

On 24 June 2024, Pre-Trial Chamber II of the International Criminal Court (“ICC” or “Court”), composed of Judge Rosario Salvatore Aitala, Presiding, Judge Sergio Gerardo Ugalde Godínez and Judge Haykel Ben Mahfoudh, issued warrants of arrest for two individuals, Mr Sergei Kuzhugetovich Shoigu and Mr Valery Vasilyevich Gerasimov, in the context of the situation in Ukraine for alleged international crimes committed from at least 10 October 2022 until at least 9 March 2023...
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Welp, time to sanction the ICC and invite Sergei and Valery to speak to Congress.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

grunt grunt, ug
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What exactly do you feel you’re accomplishing by repeatedly posting this grunting?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:26 am grunt grunt, ug
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:33 am What exactly do you feel you’re accomplishing by repeatedly posting this grunting?
that's Bill Gates rich
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:51 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:33 am What exactly do you feel you’re accomplishing by repeatedly posting this grunting?
that's Bill Gates rich
i would say that the level of obliviousness is shocking, but at this point it’s pretty much par for the course
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:54 am
that's Bill Gates rich
i would say that the level of obliviousness is shocking, but at this point it’s pretty much par for the course
indeed it is
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:33 am What exactly do you feel you’re accomplishing by repeatedly posting....?
I wonder this about you almost every single day.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:54 am
that's Bill Gates rich
Unbelievable.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Heads up! I’m not the one posting the grunting.

But perhaps trad does it to amuse the illy/tdub circle jerk, cuz boy do you guys like it, dontcha?

And BTW if it really needs to be said my sanction/speak to congress comment was facetious. I think it’s silly to be concerned about war crimes allegations not cuz of the objective credibility and severity of the allegations themselves, but only when it satisfies one’s good guy bad guy world views.

More generally, my persistence in this thread is out of a certain fascination I find in observing those who have learned not. one. single. god. damn. thing! from WMDs in Iraq, among other geopolitical lulz.

Rather than even consider a thing beyond that, you insult and put down and dodge and duck and dip and dive and dodge and normalize death threats and grunt. Like literally fucking grunt.

It’s quite the case study.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Man.

If I was dug in on a position I shared with (among others) Putin, Trump and Kim Jong Un, I would spend a long time in front of a mirror, and asking some hard questions about my views, before I lectured others on theirs.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh, believe me, I have asked some hard questions about my views.

Have you?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

In a landmark ruling that threatens to unravel Israel's government, the country's Supreme Court has ordered the military to begin drafting ultra-Orthodox men, who've long been exempt from service.

https://www.npr.org/2024/06/25/g-s1-611 ... thodox-men
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:53 am Heads up! I’m not the one posting the grunting.

But perhaps trad does it to amuse the illy/tdub circle jerk, cuz boy do you guys like it, dontcha?

And BTW if it really needs to be said my sanction/speak to congress comment was facetious. I think it’s silly to be concerned about war crimes allegations not cuz of the objective credibility and severity of the allegations themselves, but only when it satisfies one’s good guy bad guy world views.

More generally, my persistence in this thread is out of a certain fascination I find in observing those who have learned not. one. single. god. damn. thing! from WMDs in Iraq, among other geopolitical lulz.

Rather than even consider a thing beyond that, you insult and put down and dodge and duck and dip and dive and dodge and normalize death threats and grunt. Like literally fucking grunt.

Yes, watching you get bent out of shape at a smartass response to your admittedly smartass response is quite the case study indeed.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:53 am Heads up! I’m not the one posting the grunting.

continuing to compare the current situation to the WMDs in Iraq is just insane. You always claim you're willing to listen and change your opinion...this thread has proved, without a shred of doubt, that, that is just completely untrue.

just shut the fuck up already.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:33 pm Oh, believe me, I have asked some hard questions about my views.

Have you?
I would think you'd remember all the shit you gave me for declining to take strong positions on things I acknowledged out loud that I do not understand very well.

It would give me great pause to align myself with Putin, Trump and Kim.

I think it gives you pause, also, based on just how defensive you get on this point (despite it being indisputable).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:09 pm

continuing to compare the current situation to the WMDs in Iraq is just insane.
And coming back to this well (which to begin with is drilled, like, seventeen millimeters deep on the surface of Mercury) just betrays the fundamental weakness of the overall point that is being attempted.

If the very BEST argument you've got is "Bush lied about the evidence of WMDs in Iraq, and therefore maybe Putin should not be held exclusively responsible for bringing a conventional war against Ukraine," then you have no case.

And if you had a better argument, then it woulda come out a long-ass time ago.