Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: OFFICIAL DEBATE DRINKING THREAD

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:35 pm
Shirley wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:21 pm
TDub wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:16 pm

my goodness, how many times should I repeat the same thing?

it's willful ignorance to not acknowledge the validity of my statement at this point.

I'm done though, carry on.
I'm relieved to learn Trump isn't a fascist, thanks.

Nothing I said is in defense of Trump, I fail to understand how and why you continue to misconstrue my point and can only assume it's because you have no other avenue for disagreement with the statement.
One is a fascist, the other is an old guy who will preserve our democracy, but in your mind, we have "no choice".

It's hard to misconstrue that.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

My choice is to do what I hope America does - either not show up at all or write in a vote and the shockingly low votes for either candidate leads to a change in how we elect our leaders.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shirley wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:38 pm
Shirley wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:21 pm

I'm relieved to learn Trump isn't a fascist, thanks.

Nothing I said is in defense of Trump, I fail to understand how and why you continue to misconstrue my point and can only assume it's because you have no other avenue for disagreement with the statement.
One is a fascist, the other is an old guy who will preserve our democracy, but in your mind, we have "no choice".

jfc thats not a choice. Either you don't understand choices or you're playing ignorant. I am 100% confident you're not dumb.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It is technically by definition a choice.
But another choice is to not participate or to choose an alternative that would be better than either candidate.

I’m writing in Jon Stewart.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8vqjyXN ... NxZGw4Nw==

6 or 8 handicap my ass.

I doubt he could actually finish 18 holes walking and carrying his own bag like he challenged Trump to do last night.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

The man allegedly caught a cold two days before the debate. So.... What the heck? If I was in that restaurant I would tell him to get the fuck away from me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTfQ_AoA3z0

Joe, you did such a great job! You answered every question. He did NOT do a great job and while he answered all the questions, he probably would have been better answering some of them by saying, my name is Joe Biden and I am on planet Earth - so at least people would know he knows who he is and where he is.

https://twitter.com/AlexThomp/status/18 ... 0573818073
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:00 am https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8vqjyXN ... NxZGw4Nw==

6 or 8 handicap my ass.

I doubt he could actually finish 18 holes walking and carrying his own bag like he challenged Trump to do last night.
My guess is he was maybe thinking about mini golf?
Or perhaps was talking about his handicap playing 3 holes on a Par 3 course?
:?

For a guy who was rightfully focused on calling Trump a liar during and soon after the debate, that was a really bad look for him.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:20 am
DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:00 am https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8vqjyXN ... NxZGw4Nw==

6 or 8 handicap my ass.

My guess is he was maybe thinking about mini golf?
Or perhaps was talking about his handicap playing 3 holes on a Par 3 course?
:?

For a guy who was rightfully focused on calling Trump a liar during and soon after the debate, that was a really bad look for him.
Vanity handicaps are common in golf. And easy to spot once out on the course.

Better than being a sandbagger or a cheater though.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:47 pm
Shirley wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:38 pm

jfc thats not a choice. Either you don't understand choices or you're playing ignorant. I am 100% confident you're not dumb.
choice: an act of selecting or making a decision when faced with two or more possibilities

You might not like them, you might not consider either candidate a good choice, indeed, you might consider them both bad choices. That's fair. But for you to persist in saying there is no choice, is inartful*, at best.

*inartful: awkwardly expressed but not necessarily untrue; ill-phrased; clumsy

Perhaps you'd like to restate your "clumsy" complaint, rather than persist in pushing your months-long fallacy that there's no difference between a pathological liar who wants to "suspend the constitution", tried to stop the peaceful transfer of power and attempted a coup by setting a murderous mob on the capitol, and talked about being a dictator, as opposed to a decent man who has America's best interests at heart, accomplished more in his first term than any president in at least 6 decades, but sadly, appears to have become too old for the job and will hopefully step aside and give us an opportunity to find a different Democratic choice before the other choice is elected?
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

We have 2 awful choices. 1 is less awful.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

What would be your preferred path for this thing:

Biden to stay in the race and try to defeat Trump?

Biden to stay in the race and try to defeat Trump and then step down in the first year of his 2nd term?

Biden to step aside now and let someone else take on Trump?

I think it'd be the middle one for me. I think running him is a risk, but it's also a risk to try to replace him at this stage in the game. Like PDub said, dems should have been honest with us (and him) and we should have had a dozen or so choices to start sifting through 24 months ago.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:48 am We have 2 awful choices. 1 is less awful.
Which one is less awful? What specifically makes them awful? I'm asking because there are different factors that make them awful - and those different factors are going to be the difference maker/s in which guy gets elected.
I'm not expecting you to give me an answer to my 2nd question.
Here is a question I think about too often. What percentage of voters will be voting because they are voting AGAINST someone more than they are voting FOR someone?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If Biden steps down I think Harris does better in the debate but because of the switcheroo and because Harris might be less popular than even Biden, Trump wins.

Give me the middle option.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1 is clearly more awful.
It’s not a question to those who understand what being a good just leader is.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:53 am What would be your preferred path for this thing:

Biden to stay in the race and try to defeat Trump?

Biden to stay in the race and try to defeat Trump and then step down in the first year of his 2nd term?

Biden to step aside now and let someone else take on Trump?

I think it'd be the middle one for me. I think running him is a risk, but it's also a risk to try to replace him at this stage in the game. Like PDub said, dems should have been honest with us (and him) and we should have had a dozen or so choices to start sifting through 24 months ago.
Dems had the choices lined up a while ago. BIG problem was they couldn't tell the public that they feel the guy who will be in office for the next two plus years is/will be incapable of being President in two years.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This is like if KU and MIZZOU were nominating current or past players for a 1 on 1 game.

MIZZOU for some reason selects Porter but not Michael but corrupt brother Jontay.

So then KU, without consulting its fan base, with MIZZOUs player already locked in, says ok we are rolling out Greg Gurley.

As a KU fan would you be happy with the choice?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Poor Greg Gurley. What did he do to get dragged into this! 🤣
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:10 am This is like if KU and MIZZOU were nominating current or past players for a 1 on 1 game.

MIZZOU for some reason selects Porter but not Michael but corrupt brother Jontay.

So then KU, without consulting its fan base, with MIZZOUs player already locked in, says ok we are rolling out Greg Gurley.

As a KU fan would you be happy with the choice?
TJ Pugh
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:05 am 1 is clearly more awful.
It’s not a question to those who understand what being a good just leader is.
Many people who are voting aren't voting primarily for who they feel is the better "leader".
They are voting more for who they feel is the better guy for one individual (and/or their loved ones) in regards to their personal lives and their personal well being.
Also, it IS a question to those who understand what being a good leader is. There are many factors involved. You and I may think and feel Biden is the "obvious" choice but we all have different reasons for feeling the way/s we do.