Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by ousdahl »

How so?

Please articulate how Iraq is such a different goal post.

Why didn’t you give DC this much shit when he made the “exact same dipshits as Iraq” argument?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

except there’s US-based military contractors ALL OVER THE WORLD

seriously, do you ever look beyond skin-deep?

shocking level of ignorance
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ok, so explain to us how the empire with private military contractors ALL OVER THE WORLD should also be taken at face value when pushing their brand of “freedom and democracy,” and not just viewed as a bunch of war profiteers endlessly itching for the next MIC windfall.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m guessing you’ve also got no idea what, exactly, these contractors might be doing…other than military stuff with guns and bombs things
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

there go those goal posts

grunt, grunt
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Would you please refrain from the grunting?

It contributes nothing to an actual discussion, and frankly comes across as some of the pettiest antagonistic trolling in the history of the boreds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

:lol:

grunt, grunt

do better, and you’d get a better response

i’d have thought you mighta learned that by now
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Shirley wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:55 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:29 pm If the rhetoric about WMDs in Iraq turned out to be mistakes and lies and propaganda in hindsight, then future rhetoric from the exact same sources should be regarded with at least the possibility of skepticism.

I’ve said this all along. I’ve said it a lot of different ways. Even DC said it was the best part of the thread.

Now, since I so sportingly provided you an answer, and since I think it might actually be a new angle yet worth discussing, and since we’ve already discussed Putin’s prescribed propaganda, would you kindly answer this question for me:

What exactly would you consider to be the western propaganda being prescribed right now?
What a croc. I'd think you'd have been embarrassed after my GW Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, et al post.

Thanks for reminding me why I so rarely engage with you.
I don't understand why he spends so much time on a topic he doesn't seem to know much about. It's all surface level bullshit.

Ousdahl is skeptical of anything and everything that is told to us because of "WMDs in Iraq". OK. Got it. Noted.

Now, can we (he) stop?

Years of time spent on this. For what? I don't get it.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:29 am

It contributes nothing to an actual discussion...
And neither do you.

Just stop trying.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:28 am lmao…apparently, the car that putin gifted kim was actually made with SK parts
With a shitton of hidden microphones.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Allsome. About time!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

https://www.politico.eu/article/russia- ... n-ukraine/

Farage let the cat out of the bag — NATO expansion was just an excuse for Putin

Putin was going to do whatever he wanted regardless of what NATO and the EU did or didn’t do — he would have just come up with another excuse to make war, another great lie.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Step forward Nigel Farage, Britain’s combative Brexiteer and populist agent provocateur. He hit back furiously after being dubbed “Putin’s poodle” for remarking that the “ever eastward expansion of NATO and the European Union” provoked Putin to launch his full-scale invasion of Ukraine. “We have provoked this war,” he said.

How? By being reluctant to relinquish a post-Cold War peace dividend and not keeping pace with Russian rearmament?

Of course, Farage inadvertently let the cat out of the bag, bungling his comment by adding that NATO and the EU gave Putin “an excuse” to make war. In other words, Putin was going to do whatever he wanted regardless. He would have just come up with another excuse, another great lie.

Not sure whether to dismiss Farage as a combative provocateur and on the "provoked" sort of Putin poodling (lol), or champion Farage for his "excuse" language taken in an opinion peace to mean Putin was going to do whatever he wanted regardless.

And that "How?" bit seems sorta "just asking questions"-ish.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

also, after getting the chance to read the Al Jazeera article, it kinda seems click bait-y.

I mean, if we're allowed to just ask questions: is Zelensky is charting a comprehensive plan to end war with Russia? Or is it just a comprehensive plan "for how Kyiv believes the war with Russia should end"? That seems like it could be two very different things. Either way, the article is pretty light on details.

and, speaking of peace...the whole part on the summit:

But some key countries that attended, such as India, did not agree and others, such as Russia’s ally China, boycotted the summit in protest at Moscow not being invited.

Got curious about the summit, and, found another article from the same source:

Which countries did not sign on?

India, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Thailand, Indonesia and the United Arab Emirates attended the summit, represented by foreign ministers and envoys, but were among those who did not sign the joint communique.

Brazil attended the Ukraine summit as an observer, but did not back the communique.

Russia was not invited to the summit, which Moscow dismissed as “futile”. China also did not attend the two-day event. Pakistan, which counts China as its closest ally, was invited but chose not to attend.

Why did they not sign on?

India: In a statement, Secretary (West) of India’s Ministry of External Affairs Pavan Kapoor said that New Delhi decided to avoid association with the joint communique because of Russia’s absence from the summit. He said India believes that peace in Ukraine requires bringing together “all stakeholders and a sincere and practical engagement between the two parties to the conflict”.

Saudi Arabia: Prince Faisal bin Farhan al Saud, the foreign minister of Saudi Arabia, shared similar concerns while delivering his statement at the summit. “We believe it is important that the international community encourage any step towards serious negotiations, which will require difficult compromises as part of a roadmap that leads to peace,” he said. “And here, it is essential to emphasise that any credible process will need Russia’s participation.”

South Africa: South Africa’s reasons for not backing the communique were different. The country’s National Security Advisor Sydney Mufamadi wrote in a statement that “it was surprising that at this conference, Israel is present and participating”, five days after a United Nations-backed commission accused Israel of committing war crimes against Palestinians. Mufamadi questioned the legitimacy of a communique that its sponsors argued was driven by “respect for international law” when Israel has been accused by many UN officials of violating international law. South Africa has accused Israel of genocide in Gaza in a case at the International Court of Justice.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/6/1 ... communique.

I also wonder if the timing of these "plan to end war" sorta headlines coincides with the U.S. presidential debate.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

JFC. 5am on a Saturday? And you're searching the internet for articles that you think validate whatever it is you've been doing in this thread for the last 2 years?

Find something better to do with your time.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s sad

at this point, i’ve got zero desire to read any “source” he digs up (and i doubt i’m alone)
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:05 am JFC. 5am on a Saturday? And you're searching the internet for articles that you think validate whatever it is you've been doing in this thread for the last 2 years?

Find something better to do with your time.
that bumble babe is totally "real" too.

she goes to a different school, you wouldn't know her
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »