Uncle Joe

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by jfish26 »

So now we've gone from "man in big chair in charge grunt grunt" to "Biden responsible for everything I don't like grunt grunt."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:43 am
KUTradition wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:37 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:36 am

On average, I would say 3 times a week.
I find many Walgreen's to indeed be "complete shit".
News comes as little surprise to me too.
About a year ago the small Walgreens across the street from me closed. Served it's purpose well for me. Also got my scripts filled there. I was very disappointed it closed.
Meanwhile, I have about 6 other Walgreen's within easy walking distance of where I live and work.
I feel bad for the people who won't have that ability/accessibility with the closures.
i’d be shocked if there weren’t alternatives
I certainly hope there are.
I have no doubt it will have a negative impact on a substantial amount of people.
Part of me feels there isn't much else to say other than - Oh well, that's the way the world works. Things change and shit happens.
Across the overall U.S. population, 48.1% lived within 1 mile of any pharmacy, 73.1% within 2 miles, 88.9% within 5 miles, and 96.5% within 10 miles. Across the United States, 8.3% of counties had at least 50% of residents with a distance greater than 10 miles. These low-access counties were concentrated in Alaska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Montana.

https://www.japha.org/article/S1544-319 ... 10%20miles.

Most people in cities have multiple pharmacies available to them within 10 miles of their homes. I typed "pharmacies near me within 10 miles" and got 21 returned.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:50 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:43 am
KUTradition wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:37 am
i’d be shocked if there weren’t alternatives
I certainly hope there are.
I have no doubt it will have a negative impact on a substantial amount of people.
Part of me feels there isn't much else to say other than - Oh well, that's the way the world works. Things change and shit happens.
Across the overall U.S. population, 48.1% lived within 1 mile of any pharmacy, 73.1% within 2 miles, 88.9% within 5 miles, and 96.5% within 10 miles. Across the United States, 8.3% of counties had at least 50% of residents with a distance greater than 10 miles. These low-access counties were concentrated in Alaska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Montana.

https://www.japha.org/article/S1544-319 ... 10%20miles.

Most people in cities have multiple pharmacies available to them within 10 miles of their homes. I typed "pharmacies near me within 10 miles" and got 21 returned.
NICE! twocoach doing the work I was too lazy to do.
My hope is this is twocoach after reading the words above.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

And of course the bottom line: Biden HAS lowered drug prices so that businesses don't open those egregious side gigs as much.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It's also, particular to gutter's situation, a Covid function still.

In places like downtown Chicago and NYC, there are big-box drug stores on nearly every block (illy couldn't hit a tee shot in Manhattan without knocking into at least two Duane Reades).

What happens when non-residents cut their downtown time in half?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Crunchwrap Supremes happen!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:57 am (illy couldn't hit a tee shot in Manhattan without knocking into at least two Duane Reades).
LOL
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I was bombarded with these starting last night......

Folks, I have to tell you this: I have never heard so much malarkey in my whole life.

I’m not kidding. Every single thing Donald Trump said is a lie. Every single one.

Here’s the fact of the matter: Donald Trump is running a campaign of revenge and retribution. He wants to forever alter what we stand for as a country, to throw decency, honesty, and integrity all by the wayside. And he will hurt anyone to help himself.

Will you make your first $25 contribution to Kamala's and my campaign today? It's going to take a heck of a lot of resources to defeat Trump again. We need you by our side.

As I see it, a president's most fundamental duty is to fight for the American people.

Trump doesn't care about anyone but himself. I care about you, the American people.

Over the last three years, we've made real progress for families all across this country, but there's more that must be done. To defend democracy. To protect your rights and freedoms. To give everyone a fair shot.

Folks, I know this much to be true: We can’t leave anything up to chance in this election. We cannot leave our progress up to chance.

My campaign is counting on lots and lots of contributions to come in from folks like you in your town and nationwide. So, will you rush a $25 donation now?

If you've saved payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately:
$25 >>
$50 >>
$100 >>
$250 >>
$500 >>
Other >>
Joe

Joe Biden
President of the United States

Joe Biden

Folks, I have to tell you this: I have never heard so much malarkey in my whole life.

Here’s the truth: Donald Trump is running a campaign of revenge and retribution. He wants to forever alter what we stand for as a country, to throw decency, honesty, and integrity all by the wayside. And he will hurt anyone to help himself.

Will you make your first $25 contribution to Kamala's and my campaign today? It's going to take a heck of a lot of resources to defeat Trump again. We need you by our side.

If you've saved payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately:
$25 >>
$50 >>
$100 >>
$250 >>
$500 >>
Other >>
Joe

Joe Biden

Joe Biden

Biden-Harris 2024

I’m not kidding. Every single thing Donald Trump said is a lie. Every single one.

Here’s the fact of the matter: Donald Trump is running a campaign of revenge and retribution. He wants to forever alter what we stand for as a country, to throw decency, honesty, and integrity all by the wayside. And he will hurt anyone to help himself.

As I see it, a president's most fundamental duty is to fight for the American people.

Trump doesn't care about anyone but himself. I care about you, the American people.

Over the last three years, we've made real progress for families all across this country, but there's more that must be done. To defend democracy. To protect your rights and freedoms. To give everyone a fair shot.

Folks, I know this much to be true: We can’t leave anything up to chance in this election. We cannot leave our progress up to chance.

My campaign is counting on lots and lots of contributions to come in from folks like you in your town and nationwide. So, will you rush a $25 donation now?

$25 >>
$50 >>
$100 >>
$250 >>
$500 >>
Other >>
Joe

Joe Biden

Joe Biden
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

One more time please?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Might as well have just said....

Folks, I know I am on the rapid decline and your worries about me are completely justifiable but hey, at least I am not Donald Trump.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1806746426904379543
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:13 am One more time please?
Not sure if you noticed but 2 of the 3 are different.
If they had sent me a 4th one in that 12 hour window, I would have been tempted to respond that they lost my vote due to harassment.

I received this one about 15 minutes ago.......

Last night, I spent 90 minutes debating on a stage with a guy who has all the morals of an alley cat. I mean, did you see Donald Trump last night?

He must have set a new record for the number of lies ever told in a single debate.

He lied about what a great economy he created, when we all remember the pandemic.

He lied about how great he was for veterans, when we can recall how he called veterans who had given their lives for this country “suckers” and “losers.”

And he even lied about how he had nothing to do with January 6th.

But we all saw it with our own eyes. We saw the mob attack the Capitol. We saw the police being attacked. The Capitol ransacked.

Folks, for all of Trump’s lies last night, we did learn some important truths.

We learned he is still proud of being the person who killed Roe v. Wade.
We learned that he wants another giant tax cut for the very wealthy and biggest corporations.
And that he’ll cut your Medicare, your Social Security, and cut your health care to pay for it.
Most dangerously -- though -- we learned again that Donald Trump will not respect the outcome of this year’s election.

Donald Trump showed us who he is last night. We have to believe him.

I know you understand there is too much at stake to leave this election up to chance, so I have to ask: Will you make your first $25 contribution to Kamala’s and my campaign today? It's going to take a heck of a lot of resources to defeat Trump again. We need you by our side.

$25 >>
$50 >>
$100 >>
$250 >>
$500 >>
Other >>
I know I’m not a young man. I don’t walk as easily as I used to. I don’t speak as smoothly as I used to. I don’t debate as well as I used to.

I also know how to tell the truth. I know right from wrong. I know how to do this job. I know how to get things done.

And I know -- like millions of Americans know -- when you get knocked down, you get back up.

I would not be running again if I didn’t believe with all my heart and soul that I can do this job. Because quite frankly the stakes are too high.

Donald Trump poses the gravest threat to our democracy I’ve ever seen in my lifetime.

He will destroy our democracy. I will defend it. So, are you with me?

Hundreds of thousands of donors have chipped in since our debate yesterday, but they are counting on more folks like you to join this effort to ensure we have the resources to win in November. Will you make your first $25 donation today?

Donald Trump and I will meet on the debate stage again in September. Until then, I’ll never stop fighting for families like yours just as I have every day of my career.

I hope you’ll keep the faith and join me out on the stump.

See you out there,

Joe

P.S. My team tells me that we had the best day of fundraising yesterday. I couldn’t be more grateful for the folks who have pitched in what they can so far. We’re counting on even more donations from folks in your town to come in today. If you can spare $5, $10, or even $25 -- pitch in now. It will make a difference. My word as a Biden.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Uncle Joe was pretty good today in North Carolina - after having a really bad 15-20 minutes last night and then a not so great hour and a half after that.
Shame supposedly 48 million people watched last night live.
Those 15-20 minutes MIGHT be the difference between Donald Trump and Joe Biden being our next President.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JFC! I am about to call Jaime Harrison and ask for a job.

Cleary the DNC is/are taking great pride and feeling this is/was brilliant.
Sent it to me in multiple emails, Joe said it again in NC today, now his people are tweeting it on his behalf. Sad that's the best thing they have to run with from last night.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1806739920255320347
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Democrats are so bad at slogans/bumper stickers. Can't The Lincoln Project help them out a little?
Broham
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:32 pm I spent 28 bucks at taco bell last night. bidenomics at work.
Is your name Nick?

https://twitter.com/dorse054/status/1806810213435244608
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

chipotle charges out the ass for double meat

zero sympathy
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:39 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:32 pm I spent 28 bucks at taco bell last night. bidenomics at work.
Is your name Nick?

Did you read his tweets following that one? What a jackass.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:30 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:39 pm
Is your name Nick?

Did you read his tweets following that one? What a jackass.
Yes, I did read some of them. Then I read some of his unrelated tweets. I agree he is a jackass but......
Like I would say about most people, some of the things he said I feel are asinine, and some of the things he said - I admit I agree with.

Back to Great Uncle Joey....

To me, the craziest thing about the debate is that very few people are talking about anything specifically that they said.
Instead it's - Trump is a liar (most of the time) and Biden is brain dead (too often). I feel both things are true, but isn't that what most of us who are not politically brainwashed to the point of being staunch supporters of a particular party - knew going into the debate?
Of course it was magnified by watching them for over an hour and a half the other night but what a sad statement if that's the main focus of what we came away with after a Presidential debate.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

…isn't that what most of us…knew going into the debate?

i’ve heard this from a number of places, that the debate did nothing but reaffirm the views many, if not most, people already held

Time actually cited a poll giving Biden a 1% bump post-“debate”
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:47 am …isn't that what most of us…knew going into the debate?

i’ve heard this from a number of places, that the debate did nothing but reaffirm the views many, if not most, people already held

Time actually cited a poll giving Biden a 1% bump post-“debate”
the best thing Joe has going for him is that Trump is his opponent.

He's the only option....a forced pick as an illusion of choice

(ducking in anticipation of Shirley hurling things at my head....again)
Just Ledoux it