F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: F the NCAA

Post by pdub »

Next season I won’t watch a game if it starts past 8:59 ET on a weekday or is on ESPN plus. I also ain’t watching that bullshit NIL deal I think during Thanksgiving.

That’s what half the games?
Hard to quit full turkey and I’m still tied to KJ and Dajuan.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:38 am 6 degrees of Gutter.
Learned yesterday that my nephew's father-in-law's cousin was the first (and only) Female President of the NCAA.
I asked my nephew's father in law what he thinks she would think of the current state of the NCAA and he rolled his eyes. He said he doesn't think she would share her thoughts publicly. He and I agreed it's just a matter of time (not too distant future) before the NCCA is done.
Let's hope so.
I actually met her this morning. Very nice woman who was in a bit of a rush heading to the airport, and seemed she had zero interest in discussing her feelings about the current NCAA. I let it go. I think I am decent at reading people. She seemed very relieved she is no longer associated with it. My hope is one day I can sit down and talk to her about the old days and she will be candid with me about how she feels today in regards to college athletics - but I'm not going to hold my breath.
P.S. KU went to two Final Fours during her brief tenure.

In reading comments after my post, my biggest issue with the current state is that after all these years, the NCAA has finally basically admitted they can't control the "business" end of college Athletics. Now I would like for the NCAA to be candid and admit part of the reason why we are where we are today is because they were extremely inconstant in regards to how that ruled and distributed punishments.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

the "student athlete" parking lot at the University of Texas is filled up with Lamborghinis.

We did it!

"Same opportunities as other students", at last!
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:49 pm Fucking. Lolz.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... le-sponsor

Jesus.
Corny.

SEC looking better by the minute.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Phillip’s 66 says hi
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

So they'd take the "big" out, but leave the 12? Even though we don't have 12 teams?

The Chevron 12?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I can see it now : "The Netflix 16 Conference gets a historic 12 "schools" into the VISA mens "college" basketball tournament"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

imperfect comparison, but Sandstone will always be Sandstone no matter what the name on the venue says, at least to me
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

how did you @$$clowns think they were going to pay for this new equitable non racist normal. money has to come from somewhere.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

it's all fucking dumb
Just Ledoux it
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:59 pm imperfect comparison, but Sandstone will always be Sandstone no matter what the name on the venue says, at least to me
Word.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KC Phogushers has to be close.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:45 pm KC Phogushers has to be close.
Adida-hawks
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Lulz - and yet I don't know who/what I am really lulzing at. I suppose the NCAA but then how much further do those suing take it? Do they start suing separate entities such as CBS?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ess-promos
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

You know, we learn in history class that things by man just don't last. Rome, the US Democracy, the NCAA. They have their hay day. Then human nature is that some white dude(s) starts gaming the system, then it is all down hill into oblivion, we start over, and read about it in the history books.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:02 pm Lulz - and yet I don't know who/what I am really lulzing at. I suppose the NCAA but then how much further do those suing take it? Do they start suing separate entities such as CBS?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ess-promos
Some of this is getting a little ridiculous. But, to be expected, I suppose.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DrPepper wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:06 pm You know, we learn in history class that things by man just don't last. Rome, the US Democracy, the NCAA. They have their hay day. Then human nature is that some white dude(s) starts gaming the system, then it is all down hill into oblivion, we start over, and read about it in the history books.
Not uncoincidentally, I’ve definitely found myself wondering if the events of just the last week - watching our democracy eat itself alive while we are watching the latest “unprecedented” Cat 5 hurricane form and explode over bathwater - mean we’re seeing the Great Filter in action.

https://waitbutwhy.com/2014/05/fermi-paradox.html