Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by TDub »

I know people who like Joe Biden, I know people who hate Joe Biden.

I do not know anyone that actively likes Harris.

I see that as a potential problem.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:29 pm I know people who like Joe Biden, I know people who hate Joe Biden.

I do not know anyone that actively likes Harris.

I see that as a potential problem.
Interesting you used the word like instead of love in your first sentence.
I have never bothered asking anyone other than my mother and sister how they feel about Harris.
Overall, I'm indifferent. There are things I like about her, there are things I dislike about her.

Anyway/s, I am willing to bet a lot of money that at least 25% of Americans can't tell you who Kamala Harris is. In regards to the possibility of her being the Democratic Presidential candidate - is that a good or a bad thing - at this moment?
Of course some of those 25% would quickly learn who she is if she runs for President.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Joe needs to go, let's just hope he realizes it. Soon.

Stop scheduling any thing after 8pm and get more sleep?
"Jet lag" 11 days later?

Tell us you're not up to the job of being president without telling us you're not up to being president, Joe.

For reasons already expressed here, Harris is the most viable alternative. In addition to having better name recognition than any of the other Democratic alternatives, she's also the only one who can seamlessly use Biden's campaign funds and campaign infrastructure. And, I don't want to think about the potential reaction by Black female Democratic voters if she isn't the choice. #shudder

Of course, Republicans have tried to do the same thing to Kamala they've done to other Democratic women they're afraid of like Hillary and Pelosi, but their #1 attack on Kamala is...her laugh, her "cackle"...smfh.
(Full disclosure: I don't care for it either.)

Blacks in general and women in particular, both Black and White, would be energized by Kamala's candidacy. VP Harris is popular with young people and they would be thrilled at the generational change. I love the idea of a Republican VP "unity" ticket, and I admire the hell out of Liz Cheney, but do you have any idea how CONSERVATIVE she/her record is? Kenzinger, although not as conservative, lacks name recognition. Christy? NO! That being said, I dare you to try and find a "moderate" Republican that isn't named Mitt Romney with any name recognition.

All that makes Kamala the (nearly) obvious alternative choice. I don't necessarily love her, but we're not getting married, we're tying to save our republic.

Trump usually polls around 43% and never polls above 47%, and he only gets that high when it's him against Biden, lately. Democrats are eager to rally around someone, anyone other than Biden who can defeat Trump, and she'd likely attract some of the independents who are put off by Biden's infirmity.

Let Biden maintain his dignity by taking his time, (by this Monday), to make the obvious decision. And the sooner the better, so we can try and salvage our nation from the fascists and their Project 2025 fever dreams.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Anyone who can use Biden's advisors and backhand Trump gets my vote. But Trump must be cast aside with the shards of the Hermitage Foundation. With due respect to Jackson.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Ja'Mal Green
@JaymalGreen

When you pull up to the barbecue and your cousin got on a gangster Trump T-shirt he ordered online 😂 I said man, what are you wearing? He said “he gone win!” 😆😆

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Can wear that to the cross burning I suppose
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:33 pm Can wear that to the cross burning I suppose
Come on Sparko, who doesn't like a winner?

so much winning
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

A contextual heads-up, for if/when the Rs try to hammer Biden on rising gas prices. I probably do not have to note that one party believes climate change is real, and the other is the Republicans.
With every update, [Hurricane] Beryl's path moves northward.

The Texas Gulf Coast is one of the most critical suppliers of petrochemicals in the world and is home to several major oil refineries.

Hurricane relief loads are already shipping - if the storm strengthens, Beryl could cause capacity shortages in the South and Midwest over the coming week.
https://x.com/freightalley/status/18095 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:50 am A contextual heads-up, for if/when the Rs try to hammer Biden on rising gas prices. I probably do not have to note that one party believes climate change is real, and the other is the Republicans.

The Texas Gulf Coast is one of the most critical suppliers of petrochemicals in the world and is home to several major oil refineries.

Hurricane relief loads are already shipping - if the storm strengthens, Beryl could cause capacity shortages in the South and Midwest over the coming week.
Count me as one of the few Republicans who is aware of human induced climate change (global warming) and the dangers that could ensue. But the difficulty I have is believing the increasing temperature of the earth can be reversed or even stopped by humans. The earth is just too enormous and there are too many variables. Adaptation is the solution.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

dolomite wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:20 am
jfish26 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:50 am A contextual heads-up, for if/when the Rs try to hammer Biden on rising gas prices. I probably do not have to note that one party believes climate change is real, and the other is the Republicans.

Count me as one of the few Republicans who is aware of human induced climate change (global warming) and the dangers that could ensue. But the difficulty I have is believing the increasing temperature of the earth can be reversed or even stopped by humans. The earth is just too enormous and there are too many variables. Adaptation is the solution.
That’s the spirit!
Why even fucking try….right?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Nothing against tryin’.😊
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

…The Bloomberg/Morning Consult poll, published Saturday, showed Biden leading Trump in Michigan and Wisconsin. In Arizona, Georgia, Nevada and North Carolina, the incumbent is now within the margin of error, per the survey.

Overall, the poll found that Trump is leading Biden by only 2 percentage points across the seven states — 47 percent to 45 percent. This is the closest Biden has been to overtaking Trump since Bloomberg started tracking the seven states last October…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Nobody knows anything.

Amazing, in just how many respects we are right back in 2016.

More amazing, still, is that we’re back here with full awareness of January 2017 to January 2021.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 5:47 pm Nobody knows anything.

More amazing, still, is that we’re back here with full awareness of January 2017 to January 2021.
My inner MICH is getting the best of me but I am being sincere.
My life was no worse from January 2017 to January 2021 than it was before then and it's been after then.
Same is probably true for many if not most Americans.
For A LOT of people, that's the bottom line.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it don’t matter who is in the White House. my life never changes. I work hard. say my prayers. take my vitamins.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:06 pm My inner MICH is getting the best of me but I am being sincere.
My life was no worse from January 2017 to January 2021 than it was before then and it's been after then.
Same is probably true for many if not most Americans.
For A LOT of people, that's the bottom line.
MICHHAWK wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:53 pm it don’t matter who is in the White House. my life never changes. I work hard. say my prayers. take my vitamins.
"...and when you're stupid and vaguely happy, that's plenty of philosophy, thank you."
R.J. Schott
Derek Cressman
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 5:47 pm Nobody knows anything.

Prior to the medias assault on the minds of the American people, that time period went really well. Prosperous and peaceful. But then came election time, and the biggest brain washing campaign in world history happened, built around covid and George flloyd
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

:lol:

so dumb, and everyone knows it
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

To the detriment of society, the mass hysteria was successful
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:33 pm To the detriment of society, the mass hysteria was successful
Stupid people sure seem to double down a lot.

Dealer: 19 sir…
Randy: Hit me
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy