Coffee talk.
Back2Lawrence

Re: Finding New Shit on TV

Post by Back2Lawrence »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:57 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:29 pm The Wire
Boardwalk Empire
The Sopranos

Can't miss with any of those oldies but goodies.
Started Band of Brothers last night with my son. I haven’t seen it.
You will like. The allies win. Sorry for the spoiler.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I feel impelled to see Twisters in the theater. I remember seeing Twister when it came out.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:07 pm I feel impelled to see Twisters in the theater. I remember seeing Twister when it came out.
Such a quotable movie. Rabbit is good, rabbit is wise.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Feels like the remake of Roadhouse. Can't be the same, you just hope it isn't completely horrible.

We got cows.
Broham
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Twister is one of those movies i'll just watch if i'm flipping channels and got shit to do.
I'm not sure if it's more because I'm from Kansas or that it's just that sentimental or if it's just a good dumb movie.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

yes to all
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:54 am I'm not sure if it's more because I'm from Kansas or that it's just that sentimental or if it's just a good dumb movie.
Peak Helen Hunt is one of my favorites of all time.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

this shit is so fucked, on so many levels

https://www.netflix.com/title/81653509
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:09 pm this shit is so fucked, on so many levels

At least it wasn't the fertility doctor himself doing the "donating" like a bunch of women discovered not long ago?

I dropped Netflix ~ 3 years ago after it seemed I'd seen everything there I could possibly ever want to during my wife's 3.5 years of chemo/illness.

A few times lately I've thought of subscribing again, although that looks pretty depressing.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:43 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:09 pm this shit is so fucked, on so many levels

At least it wasn't the fertility doctor himself doing the "donating" like a bunch of women discovered not long ago?

I dropped Netflix ~ 3 years ago after it seemed I'd seen everything there I could possibly ever want to during my wife's 3.5 years of chemo/illness.

A few times lately I've thought of subscribing again, although that looks pretty depressing.
it’s not generally my go-to service, but the wife’s

it does have some decent true crime and documentaries, which are kinda our things
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:28 pmWatch Ren Faire.
dude is certifiable
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:07 pm I feel impelled to see Twisters in the theater.
I suggest talking yourself out of it.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anyone else watching the new season of Alone, Season 11, where they've been dropped 125 miles north of the Arctic Circle? I think episode 4 dropped last night.

Not sure why but my approach has always been to let the episodes build up and then binge-watch several at once. Unfortunately, I did that with the first 3 episodes of season 11 and now I'm waiting for the new ones eagerly.

When Alone Australia came out, I didn't bother. I discovered by watching Naked and Afraid back in the day that for whatever reason, I much prefer watching programs set in more temperate zones than in more desolate, desert-ish areas. But, after I ran out of season 11 episodes to watch I went back to watch Season 1 of Alone Australia, found it to be set in Tasmania, and now I'm hooked on that.
Derek Cressman
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Overlander wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:44 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:07 pm I feel impelled to see Twisters in the theater.
Bad?
Because we all realize Twister isn’t a good movie really—just a good bad movie.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:57 am Anyone else watching the new season of Alone, Season 11, where they've been dropped 125 miles north of the Arctic Circle? I think episode 4 dropped last night.

Not sure why but my approach has always been to let the episodes build up and then binge-watch several at once. Unfortunately, I did that with the first 3 episodes of season 11 and now I'm waiting for the new ones eagerly.

When Alone Australia came out, I didn't bother. I discovered by watching Naked and Afraid back in the day that for whatever reason, I much prefer watching programs set in more temperate zones than in more desolate, desert-ish areas. But, after I ran out of season 11 episodes to watch I went back to watch Season 1 of Alone Australia, found it to be set in Tasmania, and now I'm hooked on that.
season 10 just got to netflix, otherwise i’d be right there with you

as is, i’ll have binge come basketball season when we reactivate sling

i rather enjoyed the Australia season, and the winner that made the bush loom
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:38 pm
Shirley wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:57 am Anyone else watching the new season of Alone, Season 11, where they've been dropped 125 miles north of the Arctic Circle? I think episode 4 dropped last night.

Thanks for the spoiler alert, not.

If you weren't so big, I'd kick your ass.
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:56 pm

ok, gusher

:lol:
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 3:00 pm
Shirley wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:56 pm

ok, gusher

:lol:
When I get banned, I'll know it was because you ran to pdub 'cause I threatened you!
Derek Cressman
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

pdub wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:45 pm
Overlander wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:44 pm
Bad?
Because we all realize Twister isn’t a good movie really—just a good bad movie.
The TRAILER for Twisters made me feel stupider by the end.

Cheesy lines like Days of Thunder

Impossible feats like a Sharknado film

All the realism of a Fast and Furious

Ghey
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ok so possibly still bad good.