Ugh.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:28 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 5:47 pm Nobody knows anything.

Amazing, in just how many respects we are right back in 2016.

More amazing, still, is that we’re back here with full awareness of January 2017 to January 2021.
George flloyd
So, you enjoyed seeing a man get murdered on camera?

Sick fuck
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:35 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:33 pm To the detriment of society, the mass hysteria was successful
Stupid people sure seem to double down a lot.

Dealer: 19 sir…
Randy: Hit me
Every once in a while a stupid person doing a stupid thing ends up working out pretty well.
Dealer had a face card face up. Dealer had a face card face down.
Randy hit on 19 and got a deuce. Who's laughing now?
I'm just sayin.

Being more serious, do you disagree that there was "mass hysteria"? I'm not asking if it was justified or not, or who was responsible, or what motivation there was for "mass hysteria", I'm simply asking - do you disagree (or agree) that there was "mass hysteria"?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randi is the only one here who was (and still is) hysterical

the rest of us have moved on, relatively speaking
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:59 am randi is the only one here who was (and still is) hysterical

Then how come I was the one who took a break from the politics board for several months and came back to you guys still talking about the same old shit?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:21 am
KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:59 am randi is the only one here who was (and still is) hysterical

Then how come I was the one who took a break from the politics board for several months and came back to you guys still talking about the same old shit?
um, we’re talking CURRENT politics and you come in with covid and george floyd

are you dumb?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Overlander wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:37 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:28 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 5:47 pm Nobody knows anything.

Amazing, in just how many respects we are right back in 2016.

More amazing, still, is that we’re back here with full awareness of January 2017 to January 2021.
George flloyd
So, you enjoyed seeing a man get murdered on camera?

Sick fuck
Nobody should have enjoyed any aspect of that. (The original autopsy showed no signs of him being "murdered", but of him dying from side affects of an overdose of a drug he had in his system)

But the worst part, was more people died because of it. The situation was politicized to the extreme (the goal was to divide the population leading into the election. Promoting the racial divide gave them an opportunity to blame the other games and provide a "solution" and sway voters). More rioting and violence erupted from it, and more people died during the protests/riots that followed

Whether you want to see it for what it was or not, politics is a DIRTY fucking game, and when the way it's played at the federal level is downright sinister and manipulative
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

hysterics
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:26 am

are you dumb?
Ummmm. I know I am dumb.
I believe the aftermath (and before-math) of Covid and George Floyd are still playing a role in CURRENT politics. Does that make me even more dumb for believing it?

Related side note - https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/24/us/p ... laise.html
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:15 am
KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:26 am

are you dumb?
Ummmm. I know I am dumb.
I believe the aftermath (and before-math) of Covid and George Floyd are still playing a role in CURRENT politics. Does that make me even more dumb for believing it?

Related side note - https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/24/us/p ... laise.html
of course they’re still playing a role

he was accusing everyone else of talking about the same ol shit while in the same breath bringing up two topics he’s arguably been obsessed about since they initially took place

that’s what was dumb
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Well if you watched the debate, biden brought up through same old talking points. What happened a few years ago is still quite relevant in current politics

You just haven't heard the media carry on about it lately, because their guy is up for reelection, and it wouldn't be beneficial
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

But again, those of you that base so much of your opinion in alliance with the mainstream media.... are fucked lol
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

man, them goal posts have legs
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:46 am mainstream media
There's that boogeyman again
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Many more people hate Trump than ever. Let's keep it going.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Stewart was on his game last night....

I suggest people take 17 minutes to watch all of this. His focus is on Biden but he has his share Trump criticism too.
He alludes to much of what I (and many others on here) have been saying. Including the excuses.
The crazy thing (to me) is the audience laughter - at things that are not at all funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9LZXheHddI
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

just saw a poll with…wait for it…a Clinton/Harris ticket outperforming any other (not including Michelle Obama)

no words…
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:59 am just saw a poll with…wait for it…a Clinton/Harris ticket outperforming any other (not including Michelle Obama)

no words…
Wow.

Joe's ego isn't going to let him drop out. The best we can hope for is he stays in and wins, and then quits during his 1st year of his 2nd term and hands the reigns over to Kamala.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m not sold on Biden not dropping out

yes, he’s stubborn, and i’m sure in his mind he still thinks he’s the best option to defeat trump

4 months is still a long time, and a contested convention is entirely possible
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:10 am 4 months is still a long time, and a contested convention is entirely possible
Very true. A contested convention would be good (imo).
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the best we can hope for is someone or something eliminates dt. and old uncle is declared unfit unstable a menace to society and a danger to his country.

john kasich v gretchin whitmer