Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:21 pm JFC.
zero effort to be educated beyond the hot take
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:21 pm England population: 55.98 million

France population: 67.97 million

United States population: 333.3 million

JFC.
"JFC" is not knowing the difference between England and the UK. ;)

Forgive my ignorance. I'm not saying the USA has 5X/6X the resources as France and "England"/UK but if the USA does..... Does population size difference/s matter?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I don't know whether he knows the difference between UK and England or not, but he said England. So he got England's population.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:14 pm I don't know whether he knows the difference between UK and England or not, but he said England. So he got England's population.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TIME OUT! I'm an idiot! I keep changing my post because I didn't know the timing of the rally.

Rumor (because of a Team Trump email sent tonight) is/was Trump might announce his Running Mate tonight. Rubio is with him.

https://secure.winred.com/trump-nationa ... MG07092024
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:18 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:14 pm I don't know whether he knows the difference between UK and England or not, but he said England. So he got England's population.
I guess you're insinuating that I don't know the difference between England and the UK.

Ok.

Moving on.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

perhaps the real JFC is conceding any other country for any reason at all would be better at democracy than Merica.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:51 am I said it about dems. But now at this point, all either side would have to do do win a general election is offer up some halfway charismatic candidate under the age of 70.

But, go figure both sides are all in on two of the literally oldest and most unappealing doods to ever declare a candidacy.

It’s like both parties wanna loose.
Democrats are "all in" with Biden?

I know your argument doesn't work as well if you don't mischaracterize how Democrats feel, but it doesn't enhance your standing here to do so.

Meanwhile, I remain hopeful that Democrats will rip the band aid off and do what needs to be done before the earth shifts any more towards the fascists:

3 hours ago:

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

okay, yes Shirley, thanks for keeping me honest. That was maybe a bit hyperbolic.

The dem side has shown some concern for Biden's age and cognitive health, particularly in the wake of the debate.

I too would like to echo your hope that dems rip the band aids off, as you say.

I know I can be critical of dems, sometimes more so than some.

But all that aside, I don't want the narrative right now to be neck and neck, or even leaning. I want the narrative right now to be "dems field candidate who's grabbing this loose-ball-in-the-open-court of an election and running the fast break for what should be a ridiculously easy nuts-to-face dunk on Trump"

is that really to much to ask?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:14 pm okay, yes Shirley, thanks for keeping me honest. That was maybe a bit hyperbolic.

The dem side has shown some concern for Biden's age and cognitive health, particularly in the wake of the debate.

But all that aside, I don't want the narrative right now to be neck and neck, or even leaning. I want the narrative right now to be "dems field candidate who's grabbing this loose-ball-in-the-open-court of an election and running the fast break for what should be a ridiculously easy nuts-to-face dunk on Trump"

Depending how it was handled, I think nominating a young alternative, (I repeat myself), to Biden has the potential to energize the non-MAGA electorate in a massive way. The generational change energy could do wonders for down-ballot Democratic candidates, not to mention Democratic policies.

#letitbe
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

unless i’m mistaken, every “dem” here has expressed a desire for someone other than Biden
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

speaking of the American center and left coming together to defeat Trump

AOC all in on Biden

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... st-debate/
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Don't be surprised if Trump doesn't name a VP next week at the Republican convention. He could decide instead that it would be better for him to let the Biden drama continue to dominate the news cycle, and wait to name a VP after Dems decide what to do, and use naming a VP then to try and get the cameras to pivot back to him.

Not that I'm saying Trump is an attention whore, but he's an attention whore even in the leanest of times.
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

The dam is breaking...

The video is on X. Stephanopoulos said right afterward he shouldn't have said it...

Collin Rugg
@CollinRugg

BREAKING: ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos caught on video saying he doesn't think Biden can serve another 4 years after his interview.

Stephanopoulos was intercepted in midtown Manhattan in footage released by TMZ.

Reporter: "Do you think Biden should step down? You’ve talked to him more than anybody else has lately."

Stephanopoulos: "I don’t think he can serve four more years."
Derek Cressman
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Kamala artulates why Donnie is a shithead about as well as anyone
Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:17 pm Kamala artulates why Donnie is a shithead about as well as anyone
^^^
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Trump has a running mate. It is Jeffrey Epstein. And do not ever forget it. He is human garbage
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:56 pm perhaps the real JFC is conceding any other country for any reason at all would be better at democracy than Merica.
I'm confused by your post. Is there something specific that makes you say that?
Also, what makes you think/feel "Merica" should have the best democracy?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:14 pm okay, yes Shirley, thanks for keeping me honest. That was maybe a bit hyperbolic.

You said - "what should be a ridiculously easy nuts-to-face dunk on Trump"

Name one person in this country over the age of 35 who you feel could/would have "a ridiculously easy nuts-to-face dunk on Trump".

No matter who is the Democratic candidate on the ballot in November, Donald J. Trump is going to get many 10s of millions of people voting for him.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:19 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:17 pm Kamala artulates why Donnie is a shithead about as well as anyone
^^^
I admit I'm not familiar with the word artulates. I'm going to assume it's a derivative of articulates - or perhaps 99 meant articulates?
Either way, what am I missing here? Does no one artulate/articulate why Donnie is a shithead - well?
I ask because I feel Kamala articulates very few things well and I would be surprised if she articulates why Donnie is a shithead - well.