Ugh.
DeletedUser

Re: 2024

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:52 pm unless i’m mistaken, every “dem” here has expressed a desire for someone other than Biden
We're all in!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:00 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:52 pm unless i’m mistaken, every “dem” here has expressed a desire for someone other than Biden
We're all in!
I wonder how good of a representation of the rest of the country we are.
We can look at polls all day long but unless EVERY Dem is polled and they are all completely honest with their response/s, we will never know what is desired by ALL Dems.
As I have been saying, the biggest dilemma is trying to determine who if anyone has a better chance of beating Trump than Biden does - and would that person (those people ) be willing to run. My biggest question is what will/would it take for Biden to step aside and let someone else run.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Thanks for the spelling lesson gutter.

I had just watched her giving a speech about DDD's "accomplishments" and I thought it was well done and then made my post.
Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:45 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:56 pm perhaps the real JFC is conceding any other country for any reason at all would be better at democracy than Merica.
I'm confused by your post. Is there something specific that makes you say that?
Also, what makes you think/feel "Merica" should have the best democracy?
smh

I'll let ousdahl speak for himself, and I generally avoid your questions, such as they are, but...

Because we're the world's oldest democracy?

Because "good, real, patriotic Americans" tell themselves based on next to nothing over and over endlessly that we're "the number one country in the world", when in fact, I would bet anything the majority of those "good, real, patriotic Americans" have never stepped one foot outside the confines of the US?

Because we like to see ourselves as the "shining light on a hill" to the world's downtrodden?

And yet, despite deluding ourselves that we're the world's "number one democracy":

-We let billionaires essentially buy elections and Supreme Court Justices?

-Let state legislatures gerrymander the shit out of congressional districts et al and thereby essentially allow candidates to pick their voters rather than voters pick the people who represent them?

-Because we let right-wing fascists intimidate election workers and officials with violent threats every time their cult leader makes dog whistles about how "unfairly" he and they have been treated, to the point that the Secretary of State of Colorado has received > 900 threatening calls, emails, and text messages and has had 38% of local election officials, mostly Republicans, resign since the 2020 election and only 16 investigations have been initiated, and almost none of the threateners have been caught much less punished?

-Because we let a president who lost a popular election attempt a coup and set a violent mob on our nation's capitol not only go unpunished, but let him run for reelection so he can complete the task while we look at a member of the "axis of evil', Iran, elect a moderate candidate to lead its government in a peaceful transfer of power?

I could go on...

There's plenty for people like ousdahl to be cynical about, the pity is that what they see as the "solution" is more likely in the short-term to only make the Christo-Fascist take-over of our government and society easier by not doing what they can to stop it, i.e., voting now for the alternative.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wait, I thought you were gonna let me speak for myself?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:56 pm perhaps the real JFC is conceding any other country for any reason at all would be better at democracy than Merica.
I mean, considering the aggressively proud American exceptionalism sort of world view exhibited here about so much else on any given day, it’s just kinda surprising the reaction to places like France holding elections on short notice is anything other than, well I bet we can do it too but better!

Except maybe it’s not that surprising, considering the extreme levels of cognitive dissonance it tends to take to hold such views.

Either way, I’m not even sure any more which angle I’m gonna be ridiculed from around here. All I know is, I’m gonna be ridiculed.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

oh no Mr. Bill
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:06 am
I mean, considering the aggressively proud American exceptionalism sort of world view exhibited here about so much else on any given day....

Except maybe it’s not that surprising, considering the extreme levels of cognitive dissonance it tends to take to hold such views.
JFC.

Get a life.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:53 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:14 pm okay, yes Shirley, thanks for keeping me honest. That was maybe a bit hyperbolic.

The dem side has shown some concern for Biden's age and cognitive health, particularly in the wake of the debate.

I too would like to echo your hope that dems rip the band aids off, as you say.

I know I can be critical of dems, sometimes more so than some.

But all that aside, I don't want the narrative right now to be neck and neck, or even leaning. I want the narrative right now to be "dems field candidate who's grabbing this loose-ball-in-the-open-court of an election and running the fast break for what should be a ridiculously easy nuts-to-face dunk on Trump"

is that really to much to ask?
You said - "what should be a ridiculously easy nuts-to-face dunk on Trump"

Name one person in this country over the age of 35 who you feel could/would have "a ridiculously easy nuts-to-face dunk on Trump".

No matter who is the Democratic candidate on the ballot in November, Donald J. Trump is going to get many 10s of millions of people voting for him.
And there’s gotta be 10s of millions of Americans over 35 who have the potential to beat Trump. And Trump is still the exact same shithead he was 4/8 years ago, only with an even longer rap sheet now.

Dems have had 4 years (if not much much longer) to have some start candidate/s in waiting, and coulda even at least had them ready to go for primaries, but instead, they just sat around going all in on a dood who has exhibited old timer cognitive and behavioral decline for months and years now, for anyone who chose to actually pay attention to it.

(For real, haven’t there been posters here who, very recently, have posted shit like “if you saw Biden at Thanksgiving dinner you’d remark how well he’s doing!”)

And now we’re being told that this old dood who can’t seem to remember where he is or what he was saying, is also the only thing between democracy and fascism.

Heads up!

If an election comes down to democracy and fascism, maybe fascism was already here all along.

But, to answer your question, on who over 35 could beat Trump, let’s just say…Bill Self.

At least in an election.

If it came down to a hair combing contest? I dunno.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:11 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:06 am
I mean, considering the aggressively proud American exceptionalism sort of world view exhibited here about so much else on any given day....

JFC.

Get a life.
I implore you:

Just ignore me already.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I implore you:

Stop with the intentional mischaracteration of nearly everything and maybe people will be nicer to you.

Your shtick is played out. No wonder you're depressed and lonely. Look at how you fucking act around here. You made a group of people who almost all really liked you 3 years ago completely change their opinion of you.

Do some much needed self reflection. Please.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:22 am I implore you:

Stop with the intentional mischaracteration of nearly everything and maybe people will be nicer to you.

Your shtick is played out. No wonder you're depressed and lonely. Look at how you fucking act around here. You made a group of people who almost all really liked you 3 years ago completely change their opinion of you.

Bro, it’s Wednesday.

Aren’t you like hot boxing your car in the country club parking lot and chugging beers on the practice green right now?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:24 am
smh

I'll let ousdahl speak for himself, and I generally avoid your questions, such as they are, but...

Because we're the world's oldest democracy?

Because "good, real, patriotic Americans" tell themselves based on next to nothing over and over endlessly that we're "the number one country in the world", when in fact, I would bet anything the majority of those "good, real, patriotic Americans" have never stepped one foot outside the confines of the US?

Because we like to see ourselves as the "shining light on a hill" to the world's downtrodden?

And yet, despite deluding ourselves that we're the world's "number one democracy":

-We let billionaires essentially buy elections and Supreme Court Justices?

-Let state legislatures gerrymander the shit out of congressional districts et al and thereby essentially allow candidates to pick their voters rather than voters pick the people who represent them?

-Because we let right-wing fascists intimidate election workers and officials with violent threats every time their cult leader makes dog whistles about how "unfairly" he and they have been treated, to the point that the Secretary of State of Colorado has received > 900 threatening calls, emails, and text messages and has had 38% of local election officials, mostly Republicans, resign since the 2020 election and only 16 investigations have been initiated, and almost none of the threateners have been caught much less punished?

-Because we let a president who lost a popular election attempt a coup and set a violent mob on our nation's capitol not only go unpunished, but let him run for reelection so he can complete the task while we look at a member of the "axis of evil', Iran, elect a moderate candidate to lead its government in a peaceful transfer of power?

I could go on...

There's plenty for people like ousdahl to be cynical about, the pity is that what they see as the "solution" is more likely in the short-term to only make the Christo-Fascist take-over of our government and society easier by not doing what they can to stop it, i.e., voting now for the alternative.
I started to write a way too long worded response. I am going to say this and be done.
As I say too often, I'm not a smart guy - so your post is a lot for me to take in, but I can and do appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and opinions in response to my post.

I am going to add that I feel oldest doesn't and shouldn't equate to being best but often it should equate to being experienced, knowledgable, efficient, etc.
We have a problem in this country in regards to our living in a democracy - as in some ways you thoughtfully pointed out.
It's far from being as good of a system as it can and should be but we Americans have chosen to shit on it in so many ways. I hope it's not broken beyond repair.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:16 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:53 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:14 pm okay, yes Shirley, thanks for keeping me honest. That was maybe a bit hyperbolic.

The dem side has shown some concern for Biden's age and cognitive health, particularly in the wake of the debate.

I too would like to echo your hope that dems rip the band aids off, as you say.

I know I can be critical of dems, sometimes more so than some.

But all that aside, I don't want the narrative right now to be neck and neck, or even leaning. I want the narrative right now to be "dems field candidate who's grabbing this loose-ball-in-the-open-court of an election and running the fast break for what should be a ridiculously easy nuts-to-face dunk on Trump"

is that really to much to ask?
You said - "what should be a ridiculously easy nuts-to-face dunk on Trump"

Name one person in this country over the age of 35 who you feel could/would have "a ridiculously easy nuts-to-face dunk on Trump".

No matter who is the Democratic candidate on the ballot in November, Donald J. Trump is going to get many 10s of millions of people voting for him.
And there’s gotta be 10s of millions of Americans over 35 who have the potential to beat Trump. And Trump is still the exact same shithead he was 4/8 years ago, only with an even longer rap sheet now.

Dems have had 4 years (if not much much longer) to have some start candidate/s in waiting, and coulda even at least had them ready to go for primaries, but instead, they just sat around going all in on a dood who has exhibited old timer cognitive and behavioral decline for months and years now, for anyone who chose to actually pay attention to it.

(For real, haven’t there been posters here who, very recently, have posted shit like “if you saw Biden at Thanksgiving dinner you’d remark how well he’s doing!”)

And now we’re being told that this old dood who can’t seem to remember where he is or what he was saying, is also the only thing between democracy and fascism.

Heads up!

If an election comes down to democracy and fascism, maybe fascism was already here all along.

But, to answer your question, on who over 35 could beat Trump, let’s just say…Bill Self.

At least in an election.

If it came down to a hair combing contest? I dunno.
"Potential" but there may not be a single person in those 10s of millions who can/would beat him.

My worthless take is that the Dems definitely considered a potential super star (or two, or three, or four) years ago who could/would potentially run in 2024 over Biden - but felt it would be a really bad look during a Biden Presidency to say the guy we have in office isn't the guy we want to be the President and this is who we are looking to run in 2024.

Yes, it's sad that our country is in the spot that we are in today. Biden or Trump. It didn't have to be. Ignorance playing a role and being a big factor? I have to answer - yes.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:26 am
DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:22 am I implore you:

Bro, it’s Wednesday.

Aren’t you like hot boxing your car in the country club parking lot and chugging beers on the practice green right now?
Unfortunately not (yet)....I broke my golden rule and scheduled a property inspection this morning, so I have to go inspect and measure a church in a nearby small town this morning.

That, coupled with heavy rain yesterday resulting in likely a "cart path only" day of golf, has my patience for your typical bullshit at an unusually low level already this morning.

Proceed with caution for the next 45min until I head to inspect the church. After that, makers and coke, weed, and golf will be consuming my energies.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:56 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:58 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:48 pm We’re 4 months out.

That’s a ton of time
Feel free to describe in detail what it would take to replace Joe Biden AFTER the Democratic National Convention.

There isn't 4 months.
I’m citing Stewart’s take last night. (Didn’t gutter just share that?)

England put together an election in like 2 months. France did in less time yet.

I guess a lot of it comes down to whether dems really do try for a better candidate, or just acquiesce to Biden’s ego and sit on their thumbs (but with their fingers crossed!) for the next 4 months
What happens in other countries is irrelevant. Our country has a process, a calendar and specific rules when it comes to this type of regularly scheduled election cycle.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Is someone paying Gutter and Ousdahl by the word?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:04 am Is someone paying Gutter and Ousdahl by the word?
Not enough. Want to be my agent?

I'm a bit surprised no one has posted about the Trumpathon last night.
Highlights included....
Donald blowing Barron and practically telling Jr. and Eric that Barron might end up being his favorite son soon.
Donald ripping on "Laughing" Kamala.
Donald challenging Biden to a debate without moderators. (Not sure how that would work).
Donald challenging Biden to a charity golf event.
Donald doing his usual lying and incoherent ramblings.
But best/worst of all you got this....

“We will take over the horribly run capital of our nation in Washington, D.C., and clean it up, renovate it, and rebuild our capital city, so that it is no longer a nightmare of murder and crime. But rather it will become the most beautiful capital anywhere in the world".
“Right now, if you leave Florida, ‘Oh, let’s go, darling, let’s look at the Jefferson Memorial, let’s look at the Washington Monument, let’s go and look at some of the beautiful scenes, and you end up getting shot, mugged, raped”.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:57 pm
Overlander wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:04 am Is someone paying Gutter and Ousdahl by the word?

Highlights included....
Donald blowing Barron and practically telling Jr. and Eric that Barron might end up being his favorite son soon.
Donald challenging Biden to a debate without moderators. (Not sure how that would work).

“We will take over the horribly run capital of our nation in Washington, D.C., and clean it up, renovate it, and rebuild our capital city, so that it is no longer a nightmare of murder and crime. But rather it will become the most beautiful capital anywhere in the world".
“Right now, if you leave Florida, ‘Oh, let’s go, darling, let’s look at the Jefferson Memorial, let’s look at the Washington Monument, let’s go and look at some of the beautiful scenes, and you end up getting shot, mugged, raped”.
Giving Trump equal time here is an admirable* thing to do, Gutter.

*admirable - arousing or deserving respect and approval
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:08 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:57 pm

Highlights included....

Giving Trump equal time here is an admirable* thing to do, Gutter.

*admirable - arousing or deserving respect and approval
Incredible how fortunate the Pubs are that Joe has had his struggles. The focus from everyone should be on the complete asshole and terrible guy they have chosen to represent their party. It's fricking mind blowing to me that anyone could/would actually want the man to represent them. Only thing that would make sense to me is if people said they don't mind selling their soul to the devil as long as they have a Pub President.