Uncle Joe

Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Joe's letter. Or maybe I should say the person/people who wrote it for him's letter.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Well that follows every modern president. Biden has good people surrounding him. Trump has demonic trolls and Russian agents.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

FLOTUS. I'm at the point where I am debating if I think it's best if Dr. Biden takes a step back, stays as involved as she currently is, or gets even more involved in her husband's re-election.

If there was a vote for FLOTUS between Dr. Jill Tracy Jacobs Biden and Melanija Knavs Trump, who would win?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Since we are at a surplus of mouth breathers, easily entertained and loud as fuck….probably the hooker
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Which one is the hooker? ;)

I know which one is the person who brushes her husbands hand aside, and makes eye rolls, and frowns at him, - and I know which one treats her husband like a 4 year old - and can be loud as fuck.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:55 am Which one is the hooker? ;)

I know which one is the person who brushes her husbands hand aside, and makes eye rolls, and frowns at him, - and I know which one treats her husband like a 4 year old - and can be loud as fuck.
You're trying too hard.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

This! So well said. Glad he has the nads to say what everyone else is thinking. My hat's off to him:

George Clooney: I Love Joe Biden. But We Need a New Nominee.

I’m a lifelong Democrat; I make no apologies for that. I’m proud of what my party represents and what it stands for. As part of my participation in the democratic process and in support of my chosen candidate, I have led some of the biggest fund-raisers in my party’s history. Barack Obama in 2012. Hillary Clinton in 2016. Joe Biden in 2020. Last month I co-hosted the single largest fund-raiser supporting any Democratic candidate ever, for President Biden’s re-election. I say all of this only to express how much I believe in this process and how profound I think this moment is.

I love Joe Biden. As a senator. As a vice president and as president. I consider him a friend, and I believe in him. Believe in his character. Believe in his morals. In the last four years, he’s won many of the battles he’s faced.

But the one battle he cannot win is the fight against time. None of us can. It’s devastating to say it, but the Joe Biden I was with three weeks ago at the fund-raiser was not the Joe “big F-ing deal” Biden of 2010. He wasn’t even the Joe Biden of 2020. He was the same man we all witnessed at the debate.

Was he tired? Yes. A cold? Maybe. But our party leaders need to stop telling us that 51 million people didn’t see what we just saw. We’re all so terrified by the prospect of a second Trump term that we’ve opted to ignore every warning sign. The George Stephanopoulos interview only reinforced what we saw the week before. As Democrats, we collectively hold our breath or turn down the volume whenever we see the president, who we respect, walk off Air Force One or walk back to a mic to answer an unscripted question.

Is it fair to point these things out? It has to be. This is about age. Nothing more. But also nothing that can be reversed. We are not going to win in November with this president. On top of that, we won’t win the House, and we’re going to lose the Senate. This isn’t only my opinion; this is the opinion of every senator and congress member and governor that I’ve spoken with in private. Every single one, irrespective of what he or she is saying publicly.

We love to talk about how the Republican Party has ceded all power, and all of the traits that made it so formidable with Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, to a single person who seeks to hold on to the presidency, and yet most of our members of Congress are opting to wait and see if the dam breaks. But the dam has broken. We can put our heads in the sand and pray for a miracle in November, or we can speak the truth.

It is disingenuous, at best, to argue that Democrats have already spoken with their vote and therefore the nomination is settled and done, when we just received new and upsetting information. We all think Republicans should abandon their nominee now that he’s been convicted of 34 felonies. That’s new and upsetting information as well. Top Democrats — Chuck Schumer, Hakeem Jeffries, Nancy Pelosi — and senators, representatives and other candidates who face losing in November need to ask this president to voluntarily step aside.

All of the scary stories that we’re being told about what would happen next are simply not true. In all likelihood, the money in the Biden-Harris coffers could go to help elect the presidential ticket and other Democrats. The new nominee wouldn’t be left off ballots in Ohio. We Democrats have a very exciting bench. We don’t anoint leaders or fall sway to a cult of personality; we vote for a president. We can easily foresee a group of several strong Democrats stepping forward to stand and tell us why they’re best qualified to lead this country and take on some of the deeply concerning trends we’re seeing from the revenge tour that Donald Trump calls a presidential campaign.

Let’s hear from Wes Moore and Kamala Harris and Gretchen Whitmer and Gavin Newsom and Andy Beshear and J.B. Pritzker and others. Let’s agree that the candidates not attack one another but, in the short time we have, focus on what will make this country soar. Then we could go into the Democratic convention next month and figure it out.

Would it be messy? Yes. Democracy is messy. But would it enliven our party and wake up voters who, long before the June debate, had already checked out? It sure would. The short ramp to Election Day would be a benefit for us, not a danger. It would give us the chance to showcase the future without so much opposition research and negative campaigning that comes with these ridiculously long and expensive election seasons. This can be an exciting time for democracy, as we’ve just seen with the 200 or so French candidates who stepped aside and put their personal ambitions on hold to save their democracy from the far right.

Joe Biden is a hero; he saved democracy in 2020. We need him to do it again in 2024.
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Thanks, Shirley
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

But our party leaders need to stop telling us that 51 million people didn’t see what we just saw

I suppose this is an example of fish’s concerns about mis- and disinformation.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:45 am This! So well said. Glad he has the nads to say what everyone else is thinking. My hat's off to him:

George Clooney: I Love Joe Biden. But We Need a New Nominee.

I’m a lifelong Democrat; I make no apologies for that. I’m proud of what my party represents and what it stands for. As part of my participation in the democratic process and in support of my chosen candidate, I have led some of the biggest fund-raisers in my party’s history. Barack Obama in 2012. Hillary Clinton in 2016. Joe Biden in 2020. Last month I co-hosted the single largest fund-raiser supporting any Democratic candidate ever, for President Biden’s re-election. I say all of this only to express how much I believe in this process and how profound I think this moment is.

I love Joe Biden. As a senator. As a vice president and as president. I consider him a friend, and I believe in him. Believe in his character. Believe in his morals. In the last four years, he’s won many of the battles he’s faced.

But the one battle he cannot win is the fight against time. None of us can. It’s devastating to say it, but the Joe Biden I was with three weeks ago at the fund-raiser was not the Joe “big F-ing deal” Biden of 2010. He wasn’t even the Joe Biden of 2020. He was the same man we all witnessed at the debate.

Was he tired? Yes. A cold? Maybe. But our party leaders need to stop telling us that 51 million people didn’t see what we just saw. We’re all so terrified by the prospect of a second Trump term that we’ve opted to ignore every warning sign. The George Stephanopoulos interview only reinforced what we saw the week before. As Democrats, we collectively hold our breath or turn down the volume whenever we see the president, who we respect, walk off Air Force One or walk back to a mic to answer an unscripted question.

Is it fair to point these things out? It has to be. This is about age. Nothing more. But also nothing that can be reversed. We are not going to win in November with this president. On top of that, we won’t win the House, and we’re going to lose the Senate. This isn’t only my opinion; this is the opinion of every senator and congress member and governor that I’ve spoken with in private. Every single one, irrespective of what he or she is saying publicly.

We love to talk about how the Republican Party has ceded all power, and all of the traits that made it so formidable with Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, to a single person who seeks to hold on to the presidency, and yet most of our members of Congress are opting to wait and see if the dam breaks. But the dam has broken. We can put our heads in the sand and pray for a miracle in November, or we can speak the truth.

It is disingenuous, at best, to argue that Democrats have already spoken with their vote and therefore the nomination is settled and done, when we just received new and upsetting information. We all think Republicans should abandon their nominee now that he’s been convicted of 34 felonies. That’s new and upsetting information as well. Top Democrats — Chuck Schumer, Hakeem Jeffries, Nancy Pelosi — and senators, representatives and other candidates who face losing in November need to ask this president to voluntarily step aside.

All of the scary stories that we’re being told about what would happen next are simply not true. In all likelihood, the money in the Biden-Harris coffers could go to help elect the presidential ticket and other Democrats. The new nominee wouldn’t be left off ballots in Ohio. We Democrats have a very exciting bench. We don’t anoint leaders or fall sway to a cult of personality; we vote for a president. We can easily foresee a group of several strong Democrats stepping forward to stand and tell us why they’re best qualified to lead this country and take on some of the deeply concerning trends we’re seeing from the revenge tour that Donald Trump calls a presidential campaign.

Let’s hear from Wes Moore and Kamala Harris and Gretchen Whitmer and Gavin Newsom and Andy Beshear and J.B. Pritzker and others. Let’s agree that the candidates not attack one another but, in the short time we have, focus on what will make this country soar. Then we could go into the Democratic convention next month and figure it out.

Would it be messy? Yes. Democracy is messy. But would it enliven our party and wake up voters who, long before the June debate, had already checked out? It sure would. The short ramp to Election Day would be a benefit for us, not a danger. It would give us the chance to showcase the future without so much opposition research and negative campaigning that comes with these ridiculously long and expensive election seasons. This can be an exciting time for democracy, as we’ve just seen with the 200 or so French candidates who stepped aside and put their personal ambitions on hold to save their democracy from the far right.

Joe Biden is a hero; he saved democracy in 2020. We need him to do it again in 2024.
Remind me how many acting awards the man has won.
Clooney sure thought old balls was fine 4 weeks ago. Took the fundraiser and the debate for him to realize he's not? Child please! Either he's a clueless idiot or he's con man.

Is the guy going to give back the money he raised at his fundraiser and give back the money people donated when he solicited them?

Sat, Jun 8, 9:44 AM

Biden-Harris 2024
It’s George Clooney.

I’m not exaggerating when I say that this election is the fight of our lives. It’s a choice between those who want to pull America back to the past, and those who want to move America into the future.

We need as many people as possible to chip in to defeat Donald Trump once and for all, and make sure President Biden and Vice President Harris get four more years in the White House.

Each of us has a role to play in this campaign, and YOUR support will be the reason that we are able to prevent Donald Trump from regaining power. Pitch in $25 for the first time today and you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to meet myself, Julia Roberts, President Biden, and President Obama.

If you've saved payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately:
$25 >>
$50 >>
$100 >>
$250 >>
$500 >>
Other >>
We’re still in the battle for the soul of our nation. We know who Trump is, and we know what he does. We can’t let him take us backwards. And we can’t let fear drive our country.

Joe and Kamala’s message of hope and belief in a better future for all is one that I believe in, and I know that this election is the only way to guarantee that future.

To make sure that President Biden and Vice President Harris finish the job, we need folks like you to pitch in during moments like these.

So, will you donate $25 today? When you do, you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to meet me, Julia Roberts, President Biden, and President Obama.

Thank you for everything you do.

George

George Clooney

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Jesus Christ your shit gets old, Gutter.
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:35 amThanks, Shirley
^^^

Check this out, it gets worse:

Former Obama speech writer Jon Favreau was just interviewed on CNN. He was at the Clooney fund raiser in California two weeks ago, and Dana Bash asked him about this quote from Clooney's article:

"...the Joe Biden I was with three weeks ago at the fund-raiser was not the Joe “big F-ing deal” Biden of 2010. He wasn’t even the Joe Biden of 2020. He was the same man we all witnessed at the debate...

Favreau replied: (This is nearly exactly what Favreau said.) Clooney is exactly right. Everyone I talked to after the fundraiser thought the same thing, except those working for Biden. "My wife turned to me after the fundraiser and said, 'What are we going to do?'. And I said well, there's a debate in a week and either he's tired from just flying back from Europe, or he's going to be like this and everyone in the country is going to be talking about it. And here we are.
Derek Cressman
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

hollywood is my compass. i wonder what susan sarandon thinks. i hope she chimes in.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:24 pm Jesus Christ your shit gets old, Gutter.
Is it really MY shit that you feel gets old? I'm asking because it's typically other people's "shit" that I am posting about and providing for you and the rest of the people the board/s.
I get that you and others don't like when I rain and "shit" on the parade but at times I feel a desire to bring a perspective that I feel tends to be ignored - and is important - and is felt by a lot more people than just me.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Awesome post, gutter.

I at least enjoy the varying perspectives around here. I find I learn a lot from those whose views aren’t just carbon copies of their own. But I can’t speak for everyone.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

oh yeah. there is such a diverse collection here at kcrim.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:25 pm
Sparko wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:35 amThanks, Shirley
^^^

Check this out, it gets worse:

Former Obama speech writer Jon Favreau was just interviewed on CNN. He was at the Clooney fund raiser in California two weeks ago, and Dana Bash asked him about this quote from Clooney's article:

"...the Joe Biden I was with three weeks ago at the fund-raiser was not the Joe “big F-ing deal” Biden of 2010. He wasn’t even the Joe Biden of 2020. He was the same man we all witnessed at the debate...

Favreau replied: (This is nearly exactly what Favreau said.) Clooney is exactly right. Everyone I talked to after the fundraiser thought the same thing, except those working for Biden. "My wife turned to me after the fundraiser and said, 'What are we going to do?'. And I said well, there's a debate in a week and either he's tired from just flying back from Europe, or he's going to be like this and everyone in the country is going to be talking about it. And here we are.
Shirley - You are a smart person.
Sorry, I was a bit surprised to have read - "This! So well said. Glad he has the nads to say what everyone else is thinking. My hat's off to him".
Plenty of other people. More important people. Smarter people. Have been saying what everyone else is thinking.
Then there are pissants like me. It's basically some of (a lot of?) the same "shit" I have been saying for 6+ months and some of you attacked me for.
As I have mentioned, the guy (Biden) was at at fundraiser in April and as I posted in the past week, Matt Viser, Tyler Pager and Josh Dawsey of the the Washington Post wrote a recent article and referred to the event as a basically being a big warning sign for/about Biden. Months after people were concerned that Biden felt the need to use a teleprompter to give speeches at fundraisers - when he didn't used to.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -election/

I can't help but wonder, if Clooney is such a strong supporter and advocate for Biden, why wouldn't he have been well aware of Biden's significant and concerning demise before he had his fundraiser - and why did he first realize it at (and after) his fundraiser?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:55 pm oh yeah. there is such a diverse collection here at kcrim.
I feel there is a diverse collection of people. The main thing that brings us together and most of us have in common is a love of KU Basketball.
I truly appreciate being able to communicate with others and feeling a part of a group on here.
Of course the politics board tends to be a circle jerk too. But that's ok. More than ok, Even good.
But... We are living in a tough political climate right now and I can and do become an overly passionate person. At times I will be divisive and share my differences and unpopular opinions.
I have SOME (a LITTLE) personal insight others don't have which frustrates me because at times I have to be discrete and have a filter. Sometimes my frustration comes out on here in waves.
I apologize about that. I don't have many other avenues to express myself on the topic/s.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:28 pm
Shirley wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:24 pm Jesus Christ your shit gets old, Gutter.
Is it really MY shit that you feel gets old? I'm asking because it's typically other people's "shit" that I am posting about and providing for you and the rest of the people the board/s.
I get that you and others don't like when I rain and "shit" on the parade but at times I feel a desire to bring a perspective that I feel tends to be ignored - and is important - and is felt by a lot more people than just me.
It's not so much the alternative pov, if it was, I wouldn't miss DC, badair, Rman, etc. I think it's the namby pamby, passive aggressive, this...but that, delivery. I think.

But don't listen to me, I shouldn't have said anything, and everything I know could be wrong. You be you and I'll just have to deal with it, I guess.
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:46 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:28 pm
It's not so much the alternative pov, if it was, I wouldn't miss DC, badair, Rman, etc. I think it's the namby pamby, passive aggressive, this...but that, delivery. I think.

But don't listen to me, I shouldn't have said anything, and everything I know could be wrong. You be you and I'll just have to deal with it, I guess.
I mean this sincerely.
I have respect for you. I have respect for people such as Jeeper too.
Sure, I may take criticism hard but when it comes from people I respect, I do take note and I truly appreciate that you (and others) do as such in a non-nasty manner.
Yes, I am aware I can be and at times I am an annoying fuck. Probably stems from my need to be an attention whore. One of my many faults.
Thanks for putting up with me - to a degree - and please continue to call me out if/when you feel the desire.