Iowa/UConn women’s game

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Iowa/UConn women’s game

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

SKY SUPER BOWL!

P.S. Caitlin Clark is a fraud. :shock:
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:50 pm Fever trying to lose?
A game of runs.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:12 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:50 pm Fever trying to lose?
A game of runs.
Speaking of runs..... Think MICH is making another Taco Bell run after watching the "skanks" win?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:46 pm
Shirley wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:33 pm "Indiana Fever" is the #1 trending search topic on Google in the US.
I'm not sure I know what that means. In fact, I know that I don't know what that means.
Can/will you please explain?
Doubled up in total searches in the United States by USA v Bolivia and Julio Foolio and bested by Germany Switzerland.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Shirley wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:33 pm "Indiana Fever" is the #1 trending search topic on Google in the US.
Is this related to “China Flu”?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Hawk tuah is the #1 trending search
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

First 5 things I thought when watching film of her.
She's fat, she's slow, she sucks, she has a strong potential to be a future gold mine, what will/would she do against the best of the WNBA Centers.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:40 am
She's fat, she's slow, she sucks, she has a strong potential to be a future gold mine, what will/would she do against the best of the WNBA Centers.
the first three, obviously, should be fixable if she gets into the right situation
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:44 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:40 am
the first three, obviously, should be fixable if she gets into the right situation

And still can’t dunk in a live game?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Damn, the Indiana Fever, 8 & 13, just beat the #1 team in the WNBA, the New York Liberty, 17 & 3, at home in front of a sellout crowd in a barn burner. The Fever had to come back late in the 4th quarter to win, after leading 10 to 1 to start the game, and after being ahead 24 to 12 in the first half. The Liberty had beaten the Fever 9 consecutive times, including all 3 of their previous meetings this year.

When the Fever fell behind by 9 early in the 4th quarter I went outside and did some bike maintenance and didn't know that while I was gone what's her name became the first rookie in WNBA history to record a triple-double. Fortunately, I tuned back in in the mid-4th quarter to catch the comeback. Go Fever!

New York Liberty vs. Indiana Fever | FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS | JULY 6, 2024
Derek Cressman
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

Shirley wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:59 pm Damn, the Indiana Fever, 8 & 13, just beat the #1 team in the WNBA, the New York Liberty, 17 & 3, at home in front of a sellout crowd in a barn burner. The Fever had to come back late in the 4th quarter to win, after leading 10 to 1 to start the game, and after being ahead 24 to 12 in the first half. The Liberty had beaten the Fever 9 consecutive times, including all 3 of their previous meetings this year.

When the Fever fell behind by 9 early in the 4th quarter I went outside and did some bike maintenance and didn't know that while I was gone what's her name became the first rookie in WNBA history to record a triple-double. Fortunately, I tuned back in in the mid-4th quarter to catch the comeback. Go Fever!

"I went outside and did some bike maintenance" ...

working on the ol' Gary Fisher?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ramjet wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 5:08 pm
Shirley wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:59 pm Damn, the Indiana Fever, 8 & 13, just beat the #1 team in the WNBA, the New York Liberty, 17 & 3, at home in front of a sellout crowd in a barn burner. The Fever had to come back late in the 4th quarter to win, after leading 10 to 1 to start the game, and after being ahead 24 to 12 in the first half. The Liberty had beaten the Fever 9 consecutive times, including all 3 of their previous meetings this year.

Wow, you remember I had a Gary Fisher? (Or, was that a guess?) I sold that bike nearly 20 years ago, so if you remember, that's amazing.

No, it was my Yeti cross bike. Yeti only made them for 2 years back in '06 and '07, (I believe), and I bought it new at Bike Source in KC. It's a beautiful bike.

I also have a steel Surly, Long Haul Trucker for hauling groceries, and an aluminum, dual suspension, Santa Cruz Blur mountain bike.

Are you a cyclist?
Derek Cressman
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

Shirley wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:35 pm

Wow, you remember I had a Gary Fisher? (Or, was that a guess?) I sold that bike nearly 20 years ago, so if you remember, that's amazing.

No, it was my Yeti cross bike. Yeti only made them for 2 years back in '06 and '07, (I believe), and I bought it new at Bike Source in KC. It's a beautiful bike.

I also have a steel Surly, Long Haul Trucker for hauling groceries, and an aluminum, dual suspension, Santa Cruz Blur mountain bike.

Are you a cyclist?
Back in the .com days we talked about GF bikes, I was riding a Hoo Koo E Koo, and you had some bad experience with your GF - broke its back doing some extreme trail shit. They were good bikes pre Trek. I no longer trail ride, don't heal so fast anymore. Isn't it strange how long term v short term memory works. I remember old stuff vividly, but barely can remember the 3 words during the annual Medicare check up ...

BTW, Gary Fisher is now about to introduce a line of E bikes, should be interesting. He led the way in early MTBs, wonder if he will be as innovative with the E bike.

https://www.ebike24.com/blog/ebike-gary ... relle-2023
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ramjet wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:35 am
Shirley wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:35 pm

Are you a cyclist?
Back in the .com days we talked about GF bikes, I was riding a Hoo Koo E Koo, and you had some bad experience with your GF - broke its back doing some extreme trail shit. They were good bikes pre Trek. I no longer trail ride, don't heal so fast anymore. Isn't it strange how long term v short term memory works. I remember old stuff vividly, but barely can remember the 3 words during the annual Medicare check up ...

BTW, Gary Fisher is now about to introduce a line of E bikes, should be interesting. He led the way in early MTBs, wonder if he will be as innovative with the E bike.

https://www.ebike24.com/blog/ebike-gary ... relle-2023
I remember the conversation, but didn't remember who it was with. Do you have the same handle now as you did then?

I'm on a blood thinner so I can't risk mt biking and possibly hitting my head anymore, and considering how often I used to fall and fly over my handlebars, there's no doubt I'd risk my health if I did. That being said, a mt biking friend of mine from KC just moved near me, so I'll probably dig my Blur out and try to find some non-technical trails like the Lawrence River Trail, and I'll ride that since I wouldn't have to do so alone.

Speaking of e-bikes, some of the most kore cross country mt bikers I ever knew have bought e-mt bikes and are riding them like there's no tomorrow, which to me is a huge surprise. I've no current plans to get an e-bike yet, but it could happen, I suppose. Although cycling to me is largely about the suffering/fitness.

The Gary Fisher angle is interesting. I went to the Morelle web site and it has no information but only has a place to list your email address if you want to be informed of updates. And, the only articles I could find about it are from over a year ago. So, I guess we'll see.
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Clark became the first WNBA or NBA player to ever record 29 points, 13 assists, five rebounds, five 3-pointers, five steals and three blocks in a game.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:33 am Clark became the first WNBA or NBA player to ever record 29 points, 13 assists, five rebounds, five 3-pointers, five steals and three blocks in a game.
She's good at basketball.

On an unrelated side note... Did you know Bronny James had a quintuple deuce last night? He had 3 points, 3 blocks, 2 steals, 3 assists, 5 rebounds.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

don't soil caitlin clark thread with bronny james muckityyuck.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:39 am don't soil caitlin clark thread with bronny james muckityyuck.
Too late. Here is something to ponder. Caitlin Clark is a better basketball player than Bronny James.
Bronny James is on an NBA roster. What if anything would Caitlin Clark contribute to an NBA team in an NBA game?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

She would be a detriment.

In a world where she had to play the same minutes per game:

She is shooting sub 40 in her league.
She would be shooting sub 20 in the NBA.
She is averaging 5.5 TOs in her league.
She would be averaging 10 plus in the NBA.