Uncle Joe

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by KUTradition »

who knew being president was so much like a televised one-on-one debate
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:56 pm holy shit dude

Know these traps you're so concerned about?

one of the biggest of all, I'm afraid, is this mindset like "everything I don't like is fake news."

And you seem as ensnared in it as much as anyone I've seen.
I didn't call anything fake news.

But I do know how to separate wheat from chaff.

And if the question is, "can he do the job," the very best evidence we have of that is the job he has done and is doing. And my opinion is that he has done and is doing the job very well.

You do not need to look far - in fact, you may look in the very post you responded to! - to see that I have very significant concerns about whether he can win the job again.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:38 pm And, worse, just flubbed "Trump" in for "Harris".

I am confident in his ability to do the job.

I am not confident in his ability to win the job.
https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1 ... 7098762600

You're confident in his ability to do the job?
Twice today day the man showed me he might not have the ability to know the difference/s between potentially saying nuke them or don't nuke them.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:56 pm who knew being president was so much like a televised one-on-one debate
This presser is going to leave everyone pretty much where they were coming in: he has an easy (but deep and nuanced) grasp on the issues, and holds and can clearly articulate complex thoughts on complex issues.

But (perhaps in holding and pre-articulating those complex thoughts) he gives his critics all the ammunition in the world, by missing bunnies.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:10 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:38 pm And, worse, just flubbed "Trump" in for "Harris".

Twice today day the man showed me he might not have the ability to know the difference/s between potentially saying nuke them or don't nuke them.
His verbal gaffes give me very little concern about his ability to do the job.

They give me great concern about his ability to win the job.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

But, is it fair of you to expect other people to live up to the same impossibly high standards you hold yourself to?
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:06 pm

one of the biggest of all, I'm afraid, is this mindset like "everything I don't like is fake news."

And if the question is, "can he do the job," the very best evidence we have of that is the job he has done and is doing. And my opinion is that he has done and is doing the job very well.

You do not need to look far - in fact, you may look in the very post you responded to! - to see that I have very significant concerns about whether he can win the job again.
oh, gotcha.

Excuse me if I overreacted. I initially read it as some new flavor of "ousdahl's a Putin parrot," and I've obviously grown weary of that much.

But, to your point - I'm wondering if U.S. voters as a whole were confident Biden could do the job, there may not be so much concern about whether he can win the job.

And either way there's also a lot of debate over whether he has or has not done the job well.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:17 pm

But, is it fair of you to expect other people to live up to the same impossibly high standards you hold yourself to?
If I am understanding your question correctly, I do NOT expect people (including our President) to live up many/most/all of the same impossibly high standards I hold myself to.
I DO expect our President to live up to my realistic standards I hold myself to - and hold him to.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:24 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:06 pm

oh, gotcha.

Excuse me if I overreacted. I initially read it as some new flavor of "ousdahl's a Putin parrot," and I've obviously grown weary of that much.

But, to your point - I'm wondering if U.S. voters as a whole were confident Biden could do the job, there may not be so much concern about whether he can win the job.

And either way there's also a lot of debate over whether he has or has not done the job well.
I don't at all deny that there is "a lot of debate over whether he has or has not done the job well."

I do think that cynical and bad actors of lots of kinds - lots of kinds, Putin included - gleefully dump fuel on the fires, and stoke the fires, in a manner that badly skews the debate.

And, like it or not, you're smack dab in the center of one of the fires Putin is stoking. You just are, and that will keep getting brought up when you want to offer thoughts on things like this.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

that kinda sounds like you just coming out and admitting you troll me on the whole Putin thing.

FWIW, and in case no one has noticed, I've really dialed back the amount of content I post, and engage, that's even vaguely related to Putin or the Russia/Ukraine war - for a number of reasons.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

but, with regard to this thread, here's the thing:

Putin doesn't even need to dump fuel on the whether-Biden-is-fit-for-POTUS fire, cuz Putin can sit back and let Biden let those flames roar on his own, even if very unintentionally and self-defeatingly.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:14 pm

His verbal gaffes give me very little concern about his ability to do the job.

They give me great concern about his ability to win the job.
Minimizing Biden calling the man standing next to him Putin when it wasn't Putin would be calling it a verbal gaffe.
Maximizing it would be calling it dementia.
If it's a verbal gaffe, so be it. We all make them. Carry on.
If it's dementia - then we have a big fucking problem.
Neither you nor I are Neurologists. I'll leave it to an expert to diagnose if it was simply a verbal gaffe or if it was a form of dementia. My hope and assumption is medical experts will continue to examine him and diagnose what he may and may not have.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:37 pm that kinda sounds like you just coming out and admitting you troll me on the whole Putin thing.

FWIW, and in case no one has noticed, I've really dialed back the amount of content I post, and engage, that's even vaguely related to Putin or the Russia/Ukraine war - for a number of reasons.
It's not trolling. Your attraction to and amplification of Putin's talking points is a massive flaw in judgment and discernment that colors what I (and others, I guess) think about what you have to say on related things.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

If Biden were going to fail as a politician because of verbal gaffes, almost none of us here would have ever heard of him. (If you follow the link, all 10 of the items on the list are links to the gaffe.)

Top 10 Joe Biden Gaffes

Foot-in-Mouth Disease

Off-Color Approval

No Need to PANIC, EVERYBODY!

Joe Biden's Stimulus Stumble

Bad Biden, Bad!

Biden's Failed "International Crisis"

An Unlikely Endorsement

A "Stand Up" Slipup

A Dubious Compliment

Diversity in Delaware?

Much Ado About ... A Lot
Last edited by Shirley on Fri Jul 12, 2024 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:56 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:37 pm that kinda sounds like you just coming out and admitting you troll me on the whole Putin thing.

It's not trolling. Your attraction to and amplification of Putin's talking points is a massive flaw in judgment and discernment that colors what I (and others, I guess) think about what you have to say on related things.
no, you just refuse to even consider how butt chug drunk you are off Cold War propaganda, you petty little troll. Be better than this dude.

I'm not attracted to Putin's talking points, it's just your otherwise-brilliant dumbass falling into the "everything I don't like is fake news" trap. You won't allow any criticism at all of our own country in matters of war. How authoritarian is that!

like for real, you once again are striking a nerve.

Try some new material, please?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

There's plenty of things you've posted critical of US foreign policy over the years that I've agreed with, either mostly or partially. But, the conclusions you then leap to and conflations you draw based on your, imo, naïveté vis-a-vis the complexity of geopolitics, makes it impossible to agree with you, ousdahl.
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

complexity?

Shirley. Come on, homie. Tell me straight.

Are you fucking with me?

I've received an entire shitload of shit on this very bored precisely because I've maintained that geopolitics is complex! The majority opinion otherwise insists it's actually quite simple, just a straight up battle between good and evil, it's all crystal clear.

And fish, sorry I called you a dumbass. But for real the Putin parrot thing strikes a nerve. Again, please refrain.

and btw this is the Uncle Joe thread.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:56 pm
Overlander wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:55 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:49 pm

That joke was probably better in its original Russian.
Nicely played
and you've been on a tear lately of out trying to illy illy!
#fail

Get some new material. The only one of us two who regularly makes an ass of themself around here is you.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:37 pm FWIW, and in case no one has noticed, I've really dialed back the amount of content I post, and engage, that's even vaguely related to Putin or the Russia/Ukraine war - for a number of reasons.
LOL

You're giving yourself way too much credit. If you've got to point it out then you're not doing a good enough job.

And it is semi-comical watching you claim to be posting so much less while rapid firing pointless rumblings and telling people to "please refrain" and endlessly referencing "cold war propaganda" even though the cold war ended when a lot of us were in elementary school.

Just find a new hobby. This ain't it man.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

So just today during press conferences biden called zelenksy "president putin" and he called kamala harris "vice president trump"

Does this guy have any clue where he is at anymore