Ugh.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by Overlander »

My hope is that Trumpers are loud (obviously) but not that big in numbers.

And no, polling numbers don’t mean shit to me.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Try to imagine Trump handling the questions about foreign policy that Biden answered and discussed at length tonight. To say that Trump couldn't have done it, and would have made a total fool out of himself, is a gross understatement. Instead, he would have lied, prevaricated, and attacked the press endlessly for treating him so unfairly. And they would have let him get away with it.

This asymmetry in the way Trump is treated with such deference and kid gloves by the media is not only unfair, it puts our country at what turns out to be mortal risk. If he succeeds in turning the country into the Christo-Fascist hellscape envisioned in Project 2025, the complicity of the media and its failure to scrutinize his behavior like they have every other politician in history, will turn out to have played a very large part. They should be ashamed.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Speaking of "fascists", Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban is at Mar-Duh-Lago as we speak, but we'll barely hear a word about it because our media has become so used to Trump's obsession with the authoritarian heads of state of our county's enemies. smfh

And ~ 43% of our fellow Americans are OK with this? smfh
Derek Cressman
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Exactly.
This orange caked turd shows us daily who is is…who he wants to be.

And 49% of our country is fine with it.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:03 pm Exactly.

And/or 75% of those 49% are a lot MORE than just fine with it, it's what makes them love him.
The other 25% of the 49% don't give a shit who he truly is, and what he's all about, and what he wants to be.
Many of the different things that are important to you, me, Shirley, most others on here, and a lot of other people in this country, are not important to that 49%.
One thing the Orange God said before the last Presidential election that was somewhat profound and pathetic at the same time was - I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" "It's, like, incredible."
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 6:15 am
Overlander wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:03 pm Exactly.

And/or 75% of those 49% are a lot MORE than just fine with it, it's what makes them love him.
The other 25% of the 49% don't give a shit who he truly is, and what he's all about, and what he wants to be.
Many of the different things that are important to you, me, Shirley, most others on here, and a lot of other people in this country, are not important to that 49%.
One thing the Orange God said before the last Presidential election that was somewhat profound and pathetic at the same time was - I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" "It's, like, incredible."
I would not at all agree that the substantive, on the ground, policy reasons people reject Trump “are not important” to those who support him.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

omfg!

Daddy

Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:43 am omfg!

Daddy

I 100% feel Trump should be called out for being an ignorant asshole and his brain farts but MY million dollar question here is... Is whataboutism a good strategy in this regard?
Maybe it is? It's kind of saying - yeah, we know our guy is bad but the other guy is worse - here, look at this. Let's realize our guy is the lesser of two evils.
MY 10$ question is ... Who exactly is their (The Lincoln Project's) audience that views their videos and they hope the watching of their videos will have a bearing on the 2024?
If it's primarily Dems (it is) then perhaps the whataboutism strategy is the one that just might work (to a small degree but enough of a degree to make a significant difference?) and help bring back those who are jumping ship - and saying wake the fuck up and realize the other ship is worse - AND is an asshole and convicted felon.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

put somebody other than that old uncle on the top of the ticket. and the dt problem is solved. don’t. Well. who knows.

for this is why the old uncle is a halfwit villian. he would rather play russian roulette.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:55 am put somebody other than that old uncle on the top of the ticket. and the dt problem is solved. don’t. Well. who knows.

for this is why the old uncle is a halfwit villian. he would rather play russian roulette.
There are actually a significant amount of DEMS that agree with you.
Many if not most of them closeted in regards to the subject. Poosies?!?!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Real or fake sentiment, I will respond in order of what she wrote.

Please stop making us watch Biden humiliate himself.
* - No one is "making" "us" watch him.

I really can’t take it anymore.
* - Then don't.

I feel so sick and sad and awful about all of this.
* - That's pretty dramatic. Worthy of seeing a doctor about?

It is absolutely heartbreaking. Something is obviously wrong with him.
* - Yes, something/s are obviously wrong with him. The question is what and to what degree/s.

I truly don’t understand what his family is thinking…
* - Did you bother to try and ask them? My guess is his collective family is/are somewhat divided in their thinking.

https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status ... 9218959600
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

that hot brunette on cnn interviewed some dude last night, jim himes(i think). not sure what he does. never seen him before. that dude is sharp as a tack.

can he run.

anybody.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:40 am that hot brunette on cnn interviewed some dude last night, jim himes(i think). not sure what he does. never seen him before. that dude is sharp as a tack.

can he run.

anybody.
"That hot brunette". Meaning Kaitlan Collins? If so, there are a considerable amount of Pubs (and a lesser amount of Dems) who will tell you she's a dude. Imjustsayin'
Himes - Yes, sharp as a tack. There are more Dems (and even Pubs) who are sharp as a tack than just him. Yet, here we are in 2024 and our choices are two guys who aren't sharp as a tack - because being sharp as a tack isn't too important to those that have a true bearing and influence on who are candidates are. Or maybe I should say, because both guys who aren't sharp as a tack refuse to not run?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The media … has done an abominable job of prioritizing what’s important and what’s not. We are on the brink of going down the road of a dictatorship. That is more important than anything else … We’re in 1933, we’re not 1938, we have the chance to stop the train.”

Jennifer Rubin: ‘We have the chance to stop the train’
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Shirley wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:43 pm “The media … has done an abominable job of prioritizing what’s important and what’s not. We are on the brink of going down the road of a dictatorship. That is more important than anything else … We’re in 1933, we’re not 1938, we have the chance to stop the train.”

And the "nobody could have foreseen the hate" by a media who propated it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:51 pm
Shirley wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:43 pm “The media … has done an abominable job of prioritizing what’s important and what’s not. We are on the brink of going down the road of a dictatorship. That is more important than anything else … We’re in 1933, we’re not 1938, we have the chance to stop the train.”

made me look
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Shirley wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:48 pm
Sparko wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:51 pm

made me look
Propagated. My phone truncates words. Runs them togther a lot too.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sooo

This whole Trump assassination attempt might be really bad timing for Biden, right?

A likely scenario may be his campaign feels like the news cycles have moved on, they remain all in on the race, thus shelving extremely valid concerns about his age and fitness to serve for 4 more, and Trump and republicans win big in November.

I hope not!

The other option may be to beat the right just like France did, and actually build a coalition among the left. But that might require Biden and Dems to actually move left, even if ever so slightly. And that just seems less likely.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Right on cue:

https://x.com/andrewsolender/status/181 ... 8ZiR9WCcTg

New: House Democrats tell @Axios that the fight over Biden's candidacy is on the back burner in the immediate aftermath of the Trump shooting.

Rep. Dean Phillips says it would be "unpatriotic and unprincipled" to focus on anything but the shooting.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I would imagine the Trump campaign isn't truly thrilled about the Cannon dismissal this morning.