This Happened To Me Once:

Coffee talk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: This Happened To Me Once:

Post by jhawks99 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:33 pm Thankfully this did NOT happen to me once.
If it did, I don't know what I would - after I either puked or had a heart attack.

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1 ... 1385250912
Way back when I was in high school, late 70's, we loaded up my buddy's 1971 Toyota Celica with four dudes and as much beer as we could fit into it and headed to Larryville. All we know about LV at the time was the university was there and people liked to party. I don't think any of us had been there before.
At the time, K-10 was not cut through all the way to I-435. You had to either take 87th street or College Blvd/111th street to K-7 and then catch K-10.
This gave us ample time to consume much beer. (Yeah, I know, but we got away with it and I would never to this sort of thing now) So by the time we got close to LV, we needed to pee. Bad. We came across a parking lot that looked a little secluded. We pulled up, jumped out. The three passengers were done and back in the car, the driver was not finished yet when a car pulled up next to us and two couples got out and demanded to know what was going on. Driver didn't see them turned in mid-stream and hosed lady's square dancing dress. We were in the K of C parking lot and a square dance had let out 30 minutes prior to us arriving. He did manage an "oh shit" got back in the car and we sped off.

I still feel kinda bad about that.
Broham
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:30 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:33 pm Thankfully this did NOT happen to me once.
If it did, I don't know what I would - after I either puked or had a heart attack.

Way back when I was in high school, late 70's, we loaded up my buddy's 1971 Toyota Celica with four dudes and as much beer as we could fit into it and headed to Larryville. All we know about LV at the time was the university was there and people liked to party. I don't think any of us had been there before.
At the time, K-10 was not cut through all the way to I-435. You had to either take 87th street or College Blvd/111th street to K-7 and then catch K-10.
This gave us ample time to consume much beer. (Yeah, I know, but we got away with it and I would never to this sort of thing now) So by the time we got close to LV, we needed to pee. Bad. We came across a parking lot that looked a little secluded. We pulled up, jumped out. The three passengers were done and back in the car, the driver was not finished yet when a car pulled up next to us and two couples got out and demanded to know what was going on. Driver didn't see them turned in mid-stream and hosed lady's square dancing dress. We were in the K of C parking lot and a square dance had let out 30 minutes prior to us arriving. He did manage an "oh shit" got back in the car and we sped off.

Ahhhh… the blessed 80s
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Overlander wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:51 pm

Ahhhh… the blessed 80s
70s
Broham
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:45 am

Ahhhh… the blessed 80s
70s
When I read his post my first thought was - what part of "late 70's" did Jeeper not comprehend.
I know, I know, he was thinking about himself and the 80s when he made his post.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:57 am
jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:45 am

Ahhhh… the blessed 80s
70s
When I read his post my first thought was - what part of "late 70's" did Jeeper not comprehend.
I know, I know, he was thinking about himself and the 80s when he made his post.

Yeah, I lost sight of time.
I was a little Hellraiser mid 70s to early 80s.
I wondered if 99 was a bit older. Curiosity satisfied.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Last time I drove K10 I saw some college age kid pulled over, standing there cuffed, with several bongs on the roof of the car as the cop searched for more.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Tripped and spilled a cooler of imported beers as we were running from our unauthorized party on a very menonite piece of trespassed land. 1979. Second Amendment did not exist like it does today thank God.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sparko wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:42 pm Tripped and spilled a cooler of imported beers as we were running from our unauthorized party on a very menonite piece of trespassed land. 1979. Second Amendment did not exist like it does today thank God.
Cuz Mennonites can't drink but they can shoot people?

Where's that religious thread?
Broham
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

They were a tad angry at the trespassing. Seemed nice.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:48 pm
Sparko wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:42 pm Tripped and spilled a cooler of imported beers as we were running from our unauthorized party on a very menonite piece of trespassed land. 1979. Second Amendment did not exist like it does today thank God.
Cuz Mennonites can't drink but they can shoot people?

Where's that religious thread?
Deeply closeted Trump voters in waiting.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dubai princess divorces her husband over instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9fXKgCS5_O ... A2N21tMjgx
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Today In: Anatomy 101

This is really hard to believe. Not licensed, or board certified? Impaired?

They don't look or feel similar, and oh btw, they're on opposite sides.

Man dies after wrong organ allegedly removed during surgery at Northwest Florida hospital
Derek Cressman
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Pretty sue I can tell the difference between a spleen and a liver.
Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman