Assassination attempt on trump

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Assassination attempt on trump

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:11 am
ousdahl wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:59 am so is Randy banned?

cuz I just thought of the best worst take yet:

with the way this dood shoots, do you think he was being recruited by Self?
Yeah, I prefer my Bronny take but it was bad timing when I made it last night - not knowing others were shot and died.

The NOT funny thing about randyItoldyouso is that I am fully confident he doesn't trust our government and the FBI and CIA and yet when the FBI and other authorities had the presser last night he probably kept saying out loud - I told you so. Meaning, he believes what they were saying.

I have not read much about it this morning but last night I (and it seemed many media members) was very surprised a member of the Secret Service wasn't present to speak and answer questions.
I assume that helps/helped fuel randy's conspiracy theories.
The secret service has a lot of questions to answer, and likely hadn't come up with the alibis, I mean, answers, yet.

It's impossible to have to be "right" 100% of the time when your adversaries only have to be "right" once, but for someone with an AR-15 to be able to take a position on the top of a building in such close proximity seems, in my uneducated opinion, to be a significant lapse on their part.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:23 am
JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:18 am
KUTradition wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:07 pm
you spelled “presidential” wrong
You misspelled “managed to fuck up everything to a remarkable level in three short years.” Yay, Brandon! You answered all the questions!
speaking in absolutes is the quickest way to prove you’re full of shit
Pretending like the unmitigated disaster that has been the last 3-ish years is the quickest way to prove that you have lost touch with reality.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Shirley wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:46 am
twocoach wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:18 am
KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:33 am
no, not all that surprising

initially at least, he doesn’t sound like the liberal extremist the randy’s of the world were hoping for
At least we know that it wasn't staged. If it was, there is no way they wouldn't have had an illegal immigrant playing the role of the shooter.
^^^

twocoach is in rare form lately!
I mean seriously, a 20 year old white registered Republican in a swing state? Nope. Trump as a producer isn't subtle. He would have hit every possible stereotype if he had any input.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:25 am

You misspelled “managed to fuck up everything to a remarkable level in three short years.” Yay, Brandon! You answered all the questions!
Pretending like the unmitigated disaster that has been the last 3-ish years is the quickest way to prove that you have lost touch with reality.
you’re the one doing the talking

interesting that it was yesterday’s events that brought you back out from under your rock

i’m actually the happiest and most financially sound i’ve ever been, despite getting laid off in December…i’d say your bitching says more about you than anything else
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:22 am

I've already seen a "it must have been Nick Timberlake shooting from distance" gif.
With the way he went 1-8 he might as well have been Bronny James!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:26 am
you’re the one doing the talking

interesting that it was yesterday’s events that brought you back out from under your rock

i’m actually the happiest and most financially sound i’ve ever been, despite getting laid off in December…i’d say your bitching says more about you than anything else
When you keep in mind that it's a cult built on perpetual aggrievement and victimhood led by the world's most privileged aggrieved victim, it all begins to make sense, Trad.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“Finally, it wasn’t one of us!”

- RFK Jr.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The universe of plausibilities for how this happened is expansive. So too, then, is the range of answers to the question of what it’ll mean.

I do feel comfortable concluding right now that we are seeing an all-time misinformation play - with shared DNA with other misinformation plays - in the reaction to yesterday’s shooting. The notion that the democrats for the political temperature, generally, and that prosecuting Trump is what wrought this, specifically.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Shirley wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:24 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:11 am

Yeah, I prefer my Bronny take but it was bad timing when I made it last night - not knowing others were shot and died.

The NOT funny thing about randyItoldyouso is that I am fully confident he doesn't trust our government and the FBI and CIA and yet when the FBI and other authorities had the presser last night he probably kept saying out loud - I told you so. Meaning, he believes what they were saying.

I have not read much about it this morning but last night I (and it seemed many media members) was very surprised a member of the Secret Service wasn't present to speak and answer questions.
I assume that helps/helped fuel randy's conspiracy theories.
The secret service has a lot of questions to answer, and likely hadn't come up with the alibis, I mean, answers, yet.

It's impossible to have to be "right" 100% of the time when your adversaries only have to be "right" once, but for someone with an AR-15 to be able to take a position on the top of a building in such close proximity seems, in my uneducated opinion, to be a significant lapse on their part.
Yeah, I posted some of my questions/concerns last night.
I figure a part of why they didn't have a representative present was because they were also in damage control mode.

We live in a time where so many things can be disputed by video evidence - so I often wonder - why do people knowingly blatantly lie about things that happen/ed or didn't happen?
As I tell some of my co-workers and some of our new hires, it's much better to admit you don't know/aren't sure, and if that translates to ignorance - so be it, then to get caught lying.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I haven't seen someone who would know the answer explain what exactly the level of Trump's Secret Service protection is, at the moment. He is an ex-President. He is not yet, officially, the GOP's nominee for the office.

There just isn't an inexhaustible supply of Secret Service agents, or other federal resources (US Marshals, etc.), such that you can reasonably be expected to create a security environment around an ex-President, not-yet-nominee, that is as robust as what you do around the President.

I am reminded, also, of what we know about Trump's own feelings about the use of certain security protocols at his rallies.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Supreme Court basically said Trump cannot be held to account for his actions and in many ways probably poured accelerant on a terrible situation. The Kremlin came right out and blamed Biden too. So there is that.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:04 am I haven't seen someone who would know the answer explain what exactly the level of Trump's Secret Service protection is, at the moment. He is an ex-President. He is not yet, officially, the GOP's nominee for the office.

There just isn't an inexhaustible supply of Secret Service agents, or other federal resources (US Marshals, etc.), such that you can reasonably be expected to create a security environment around an ex-President, not-yet-nominee, that is as robust as what you do around the President.

I am reminded, also, of what we know about Trump's own feelings about the use of certain security protocols at his rallies.
nbc interviewed a former secret service agent last night, who indicated that the detail was about to be ramped up once he formally became the nominee
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:26 am
jfish26 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:04 am I haven't seen someone who would know the answer explain what exactly the level of Trump's Secret Service protection is, at the moment. He is an ex-President. He is not yet, officially, the GOP's nominee for the office.

nbc interviewed a former secret service agent last night, who indicated that the detail was about to be ramped up once he formally became the nominee
Exactly. Point being, I don’t think there is necessarily as much blame to be reasonably placed on the Secret Service as it might seem.

What a bizarre situation - it’s a race to competing investigatory conclusions, and all groups of stakeholders have different priorities.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:45 am

Exactly. Point being, I don’t think there is necessarily as much blame to be reasonably placed on the Secret Service as it might seem.

What a bizarre situation - it’s a race to competing investigatory conclusions, and all groups of stakeholders have different priorities.
I agree. There are a lot of "seems" we the citizens can assume - but we don't know for sure.
That was my biggest issue with randy last night.
Clearly there was a security breech. That is not questionable.
I'm hardly a security expert but I feel it "seems" somewhat safe to "assume" there are different levels of blame that could be put on all the law enforcement agencies that were present - but again, I don't know for sure - so I am not going to start assigning specific blame. I will assign questions.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

My point is that how can you have a coup plotting, secret selling presidential nominee? It is crazy he was not arrested. He is more than polarizing and has openly cheered assassins in the past. Trump inspired some mass shootings on his own. The secret service should not have to protect a guy with his rap sheet. The republican party has dragged the whole country down with it. Pro tip: violence in politics is bad no matter if you are a RW nut or not.
Last edited by Sparko on Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:01 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:45 am

I agree. There are a lot of "seems" we the citizens can assume - but we don't know for sure.
That was my biggest issue with randy last night.
Clearly there was a security breech. That is not questionable.
I'm hardly a security expert but I feel it "seems" somewhat safe to "assume" there are different levels of blame that could be put on all the law enforcement agencies that were present - but again, I don't know for sure - so I am not going to start assigning specific blame. I will assign questions.
Of note, Pennsylvania is an open carry state.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Republicans inspire and facilitate violence as their super power.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:59 am The universe of plausibilities for how this happened is expansive. So too, then, is the range of answers to the question of what it’ll mean.

I do feel comfortable concluding right now that we are seeing an all-time misinformation play - with shared DNA with other misinformation plays - in the reaction to yesterday’s shooting. The notion that the democrats for the political temperature, generally, and that prosecuting Trump is what wrought this, specifically.
Shared DNA, indeed. This is paint by numbers stuff.
The Kremlin blames the Biden administration for "creating an atmosphere" that provoked the attack on Donald Trump.

"After many attempts to remove candidate Trump from the political arena [...] it was obvious his life was in danger," Dmitry Peskov, Putin's spokesman, says.
https://x.com/maxseddon/status/18124434 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Not sure where you live but if the last 3 years have been an "unmitigated disaster" then you have not lived much.

Let's not overdramatize a dramatic situation.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It's a shame there weren't any good guys with guns there to prevent such senseless violence and tragedy. If only they had brought some armed, trained school teachers to the event to cover for the incompetent Secret Service and dozens of law enforcement officers who did nothing as groups of civilians pointed out the armed individual several minutes before the shooting.

Thoughts and prayers.