Assassination attempt on trump

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Assassination attempt on trump

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:13 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:55 pm Hearing about it now. Haven't seen anything. Is it bad that my first thought was "bummer, I wish they succeeded" and my second thought was "if it wasn't staged".
My first thought was, how could you possibly even stage a more epic photo op?

But then a more epic photo op staged:

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:18 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:25 am
KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:23 am
speaking in absolutes is the quickest way to prove you’re full of shit
Pretending like the unmitigated disaster that has been the last 3-ish years is the quickest way to prove that you have lost touch with reality.
Not sure where you live but if the last 3 years have been an "unmitigated disaster" then you have not lived much.

Let's not overdramatize a dramatic situation.
The early indications of how this - whatever it actually is/was - is going to be used are very, very chilling.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:19 pm

Pretending like the unmitigated disaster that has been the last 3-ish years is the quickest way to prove that you have lost touch with reality.
Not sure where you live but if the last 3 years have been an "unmitigated disaster" then you have not lived much.

The early indications of how this - whatever it actually is/was - is going to be used are very, very chilling.

It all seems pretty dark.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:37 pm

It all seems pretty dark.
Life seems pretty dark right now but we have survived much tougher times as a nation. We shall outlast and overcome this hot mess as well.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pretty wild how quickly the narrative has gone from something like "but Trump is a boogeyman and a threat to democracy," to something like, "we shall outlast and overcome"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

but...you guys wanna see an all-time hot take?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/tod ... ssination/
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Limbaugh fever must break.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:44 pm pretty wild how quickly the narrative has gone from something like "but Trump is a boogeyman and a threat to democracy," to something like, "we shall outlast and overcome"
The narrative is always there like the sword of Damocles. But we either outlast it or die.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:26 am
you’re the one doing the talking

interesting that it was yesterday’s events that brought you back out from under your rock

i’m actually the happiest and most financially sound i’ve ever been, despite getting laid off in December…i’d say your bitching says more about you than anything else
I’m sorry to hear that you were laid off. Hope things get better in that department. Still hope your side looses the election, though.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:55 pm

interesting that it was yesterday’s events that brought you back out from under your rock

i’m actually the happiest and most financially sound i’ve ever been, despite getting laid off in December…i’d say your bitching says more about you than anything else
I’m sorry to hear that you were laid off. Hope things get better in that department. Still hope your side looses the election, though.
don’t be sorry

i’m 100% honest when i say this is the happiest i’ve been…both me and my wife
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Gas prices- doubled.
Food prices - up 25%
Overall consumer prices - up 19%
Border - wide open, streets flooded with illegals

If that’s a good situation in your book, we probably aren’t going to agree on much of anything.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:57 pm

don’t be sorry

Ok. Glad you’re happy.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

If you are a Brandon supporter, you should feel a chill, ‘cause there’s change in the air. People were pissed in 2020, but it’s at a whole other level now.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:03 pm

If you are a Brandon supporter, you should feel a chill, ‘cause there’s change in the air. People were pissed in 2020, but it’s at a whole other level now.
If that is true, I think it’s probably important to honestly and rationally sort out exactly what it is, in the big and small pictures, that led to this escalatory, crystallizing event.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:29 pm

If that is true, I think it’s probably important to honestly and rationally sort out exactly what it is, in the big and small pictures, that led to this escalatory, crystallizing event.
A stolen election, imprisoning everyday Americans for protesting the stolen election, repeatedly trying to illegitimately put Trump in prison, sabotaging the economy, opening the border, spending billions overseas while people here suffer. Those are all good starting points.

The day of reckoning is imminent, and those who brought it about will have no one to blame but themselves.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:57 pm

don’t be sorry

Me too!
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:36 pm

A stolen election, imprisoning everyday Americans for protesting the stolen election, repeatedly trying to illegitimately put Trump in prison, sabotaging the economy, opening the border, spending billions overseas while people here suffer. Those are all good starting points.

The day of reckoning is imminent, and those who brought it about will have no one to blame but themselves.
A big ass stack of pure fucking lies…but followed up with a threat.

You are truly gone.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Is it any surprise that the party that has only won the popular vote in one presidential election out of the last 7, is threatening violence to impose its minority, unpopular agenda, on the majority of Americans?

Answer: No, it's not. What else can they do, join the 20th century? But, that would require adaptation to a changing world, and treating people who aren't and don't look like them with respect and equality, which is just too, too much to ask. They'd rather go back to the good old days when women and negroes knew their place.

What a bunch of weak-ass, aggrieved, whiny, pussies. If they had any self-respect, they'd be ashamed. But they don't, so they aren't.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:50 pm

You are truly gone.
I’m not threatening. I don’t do engage in violent, mob-like behavior. I do, however, listen to average people. That is how they see things, and that is where they are emotionally.

Faux superiority and name-calling won’t get you far with that crowd. Read up on the French Revolution. You’ll get the picture.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Overlander wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:50 pm

You are truly gone.
It’s just too bad no one ever blames themselves, or those that think similarly. See: both major sides.

Bunch of cunts. All of you. And me.
Last edited by Back2Lawrence on Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.