Weather

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Weather

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Currently 73 degrees with a mostly cloudy sky and 84% humidity. Slight wind (5 mph) out of the southwest.
I walk to work. Typically fairly briskly. I carry a bag that probably weighs about 7,8.9,10 pounds. I usually wear a hat. I am not in shape, I have a "heart condition" and not good lungs.
I fully expect to get to work with a slightly damp (not wet) shirt and some sweat on my arms and forehead.
It's ridiculous when it's only 73 degrees and I work up a sweat from walking to work.
It could be 90 degrees with 20% humidity and a nice breeze (10 mph) and I would be fine - with no sweat what so ever.
I HATE HUMIDITY!
Now I see it is supposed to rain in about 30 minutes - when I leave to walk to work. JUNK!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

prepping for a 5 day stretch of triple digits

just in time, local wildfires doubled in size over the last couple days. fortunately, they’re all south
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

were in day 3 of a 8 days stretch of 102+. I hate it with every fiber of my being.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We are supposed to hit 90 for the first time this summer on Saturday.
Broham
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:28 am were in day 3 of a 8 days stretch of 102+. I hate it with every fiber of my being.
gross

but it’s a dry heat, right ;)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:31 am
TDub wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:28 am were in day 3 of a 8 days stretch of 102+. I hate it with every fiber of my being.
gross

but it’s a dry heat, right ;)
ha...yep. Which, is better...but still pretty fuckin miserable.

I got the dreaded summer cold, tried to work on the roof yesterday. I made it 4 hrs but between the temp of 104 and me having a fever and nose dripping. I couldn't go a full day. It was no fun.
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

we must not have that climate change here in Michigan. it has been 75-85 and sunny the last 5 days.

must be those great lakes protecting us.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

don't be jealous. you can move to Michigan and live the Michigan life.

we take all kinds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if i wanted to live there i’d already be there

despite its flaws, i choose to live where i do
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:48 am don't be jealous. you can move to Michigan and live the Michigan life.

we take all kinds.
Maybe after my lobotomy.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

it's 111.

I hate summer.

July sucks.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

The drone pictures of southern Texas are harrowing. Water, water everywhere.

It happens so often, it's almost as if they did somebody wrong?
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Today's edition of the typical wtf in regards to the weather and weather forecasting.
At 8:15am Weather.com said the weather forecast for my zip code for 8:30am was Mostly Cloudy with a 24% chance of rain.
Anyone with eyes who could see outside saw the rain coming.
8:30am - It was 100% raining. HARD.
Yesterday morning Weather.com said the forecast for the evening was 20% chance of rain at 5:00pm (it didn't rain) and a 10% chance of rain in the late evening. It was a shitstorm of rain, wind, lightning, and thunder around 11:15pm that lasted probably close to an hour.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Friend of mine posted these pics from Rockford (Illinois) last night/this early morning.

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s almost like the atmosphere is holding more moisture, resulting in heavier downpours when they happen…
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:33 am it’s almost like the atmosphere is holding more moisture, resulting in heavier downpours when they happen…
That is a myth. Exxon
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

My Jeeper should give me a "JFC" post of the day.....

Yesterday Miguel "the maintenance guy" (one of many) in my building replaced my shower faucet.
I've known Miguel since 2008. He and I have developed a nice friendship/relationship. He is overly candid in regards to telling me issues with the building that he deals with.
One major issue is leaks. This has been a problem since I moved in. I've had one in my apartment.
It has to do with the structure and cracks on the OUTSIDE of the building. Management currently has people working on the issue but it's a sloooooow process.
Anyways, yesterday Miguel was telling me about all the leaks he has had to deal with recently - due to storms.
Reason why I am telling you that is.....

We had a storm last night. ASSHOLES (and I am sure some nice people who are just clueless) leave their windows open. Between that and the leaks, there is a lot of moisture in the building this morning - and most of the time. Air conditioning helps but does not solve/cure the problem.

At the moment, there is supposedly 91% humidity in the outside air. I am inside my apartment, with the air conditioning on, and the humidity INSIDE is extremely noticeable. I need to take a shower and shave and I am purposely waiting until right before I have to leave to go to work to shower and shave because I know how much worse the humidity will be in my apartment.

So.... What if anything can I do? Obviously I can move. I'm not doing that in the near future.
In the meantime, I can buy a dehumidifier. MAYBE that MIGHT help somewhat?
What I can't do is control the building and what others do and don't do in it.

Management sends out a weekly newsletter that always includes this...
Windows and Rainfall:
XXXXX (name of building I live in)
requires that windows be shut when there is rainfall. If it is discovered that your window was left open, we will charge a $500 fine to the respective unit/resident. PLEASE close your windows when it is raining or expected to rain.
MAYBE that SOMEWHAT helps but it's clearly not 100% adhered to nor working in regards to the humidity issue.

I am debating what if anything else I can do to not necessarily resolve the problem but to better manage the problem.
I'm open to suggestions.

P.S.
12:21am this morning. One shot of simultaneous lightning strikes on the Hancock, Trump, and Sears/Willis Tower buildings in Chicago.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Wild Pic.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Gutter. I'm a little surprised that you can open windows in your building.
Broham