Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by KUTradition »

she should be disbarred
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:48 am I would imagine the Trump campaign isn't truly thrilled about the Cannon dismissal this morning.
how so?

i’d think they would be thrilled…exoneration since it was an unconstitutional witch hunt

what message to open the rnc
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:46 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:48 am I would imagine the Trump campaign isn't truly thrilled about the Cannon dismissal this morning.
how so?

i’d think they would be thrilled…exoneration since it was an unconstitutional witch hunt

Having a hand-picked, supine judiciary is (1) not exactly great for the whole martyrdom thing, and (2) a fairly easy dot to connect with Project 2025.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

sounding like JD Vance for vp

sure seems too far right to help with the needed moderates and independents
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it doesn't matter who he picks. the election is already in the bag.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:49 pm
how so?

Having a hand-picked, supine judiciary is (1) not exactly great for the whole martyrdom thing, and (2) a fairly easy dot to connect with Project 2025.
i don’t disagree, but i don’t know how much either of those matter (i’d like to think they do)

i was hoping you’d say this’ll give Smith plenty of leverage for recourse
Last edited by KUTradition on Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:10 pm it doesn't matter who he picks. the election is already in the bag.
the bag of dicks?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I expect charges will be reentered. I would prefer that the extent and seriousness of the charges would be revealed. E.g., what was shared and with whom? Now the gloves come off. Only a psycho would support someone helping our enemies.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:10 pm it doesn't matter who he picks. the election is already in the bag.
I certainly would not disagree with that characterization. At least, that's the plan.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:10 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:49 pm

how so?

i don’t disagree, but i don’t know how much either of those matter (i’d like to think they do)

i was hoping you’d say this’ll give Smith plenty of leverage for recourse

i was kinda expecting
I mean, Project 2025 is the whole game. If it doesn't matter, then nothing will matter.

I don't think Smith's chances on appeal are all that relevant: if Trump wins, then all of the charges - probably, unconstitutionally, even the state charges - go away.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Trumpelstiltskin picks J.D. for V.P.

From Wiki.....

Relationship with Donald Trump
During the 2016 U.S. presidential election, Vance was an outspoken critic of Republican nominee Donald Trump. In a February 2016 USA Today column, he wrote that "Trump's actual policy proposals, such as they are, range from immoral to absurd." In the Atlantic and on the PBS show hosted by Charlie Rose,Vance called Trump "cultural heroin" and "an opioid of the masses." In October 2016, he called Trump "reprehensible" in a post on Twitter, and called himself a "never-Trump guy." In a private message on Facebook he called Trump "America's Hitler".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Author of Hillbilly Elegy.
Makes sense.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

vp is meaningless. look no further than our current vp.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:25 pm Trumpelstiltskin picks J.D. for V.P.

From Wiki.....

Relationship with Donald Trump
During the 2016 U.S. presidential election, Vance was an outspoken critic of Republican nominee Donald Trump. In a February 2016 USA Today column, he wrote that "Trump's actual policy proposals, such as they are, range from immoral to absurd." In the Atlantic and on the PBS show hosted by Charlie Rose,Vance called Trump "cultural heroin" and "an opioid of the masses." In October 2016, he called Trump "reprehensible" in a post on Twitter, and called himself a "never-Trump guy." In a private message on Facebook he called Trump "America's Hitler".
Well, at least we know he is capable of telling the truth, which will only make it worse when he continues to kiss the ring and sell shit that he knows is bad for us.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:35 pm vp is meaningless. look no further than our current vp.
VP does plenty but I'll go one step further.
How many times has the VP become President because the President could no longer serve?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:31 pm Author of Hillbilly Elegy.
Makes sense.
A friend posted this:
Ultimately, there is one thing and one thing only that Donald Trump cares about in a Vice President: will he, if asked to do something illegal and anti-democratic in order to enhance or preserve Trump’s power, do it with no questions asked, and with no hesitation.

J.D. Vance is a man who exploited his mother’s drug addiction for fame. He’s a man who said that his grandfather’s stable union job with benefits was the only thing that saved him as a child and then spent his entire professional and political careers trying to eliminate those sorts of jobs. Vance is the epitome of a selfish, power-hungry politician who lied about his own family, friends, and neighbors to jumpstart his political career. If he can do that he will 100% tear up the Constitution into little bits in order to advance Trump’s interests and, ultimately, his own.

That’s why he’s getting the job.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

JD Vance looks like the love child from an affair between Al Borland from Tool Time and a racist care bear.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Harris and Vance are going to debate. Will it matter? I think it will to a very small degree.
I have to get ready for work but my quick worthless 2 cents.

1. I feel Harris is the better VP choice if we were voting for VP. Problem is, I feel either not enough people or too many people will vote for Biden or Trump based on who their VP choice is.

2. I don't know if he will "win" the debate but I believe Vance will come off better in the debate.

3. I feel simply in regards to how they speak and their mannerisms, to an undecided neutral/independent voter, Vance is probably the more likable person and the more Vice Presidential. Don't get me wrong, no doubt Kamala can turn on the charm but sometimes/too often it becomes nauseating to me and I feel she tries too hard. On the flip side, I think sometimes she purposely tries too hard to be too tough to the point she becomes a c word.

4. If the election were to be held next Tuesday, I think Trump would win. I think Biden MIGHT have a better chance if he had a different running mate. Of course he might have a worse chance but I don't feel Kamala is doing him any big favors at this point.

5. I believe most people on here realize significant political differences between Biden and Trump and Harris and Vance.
That being said, it will never happen but if both Trump and Biden said - look if something happened to me would you rather have Vance or Harris be your President - if people responded 100% truthfully, I believe more Republicans would say Vance than Democrats who would say Harris.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"3. Don't get me wrong, no doubt Kamala can turn on the charm but sometimes/too often it becomes nauseating to me and I feel she tries too hard. On the flip side, I think sometimes she purposely tries too hard to be too tough to the point she becomes a c word."

I am trying these days to not box in a woman to be how we expect a woman to be because when a man acts tough, we're all in.

I admit these aren't traits I find appealing if I'm looking for a woman to hang/socialize with but when thinking professionally or in this case presidentially, I check to be sure I'm not mixing that side of my mind when judging them.

I think we gotta ask ourselves why don't we like Kamala?
"I just don't like her."
OK. That's fine to not have a reason really - but just admit you don't have a reason.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Who do you guys think is going to win?