Assassination attempt on trump

Ugh.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Assassination attempt on trump

Post by Sparko »

Putin supports Trump and attacking children's hospitals. And so does JD Vance.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh god fucking damnit.

Tenacious D cancels their tour after Kyle Gass makes a Trump assassination comment.

God fucking damnit!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Pretty dumb comment
Broham
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 1:50 pm Oh god fucking damnit.

Tenacious D cancels their tour after Kyle Gass makes a Trump assassination comment.

God fucking damnit!
It was a great example of a perfect delivery on a joke being a terrible delivery on a joke.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

You don't remember Muslims not being allowed in the country during the first (oh, about a) week that Trump was President as his puppeteers tested the courts?
Don't you remember pages of the EPA website literally disappearing?

That was just the warm up. If dt is Pres, life will change. His brand of politics is what young adults are learning now and it is horrible. The not being civil, the interruptions, the not knowing what one is talking about it. Life as we know it will not be pretty in 10 years. The wage gaps will be wider. The rich, taking more of what is ours (the air, the water, etc). you get the idea. You either want to blame someone (new RNC voters) or want a better future for your children (blue voters).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DrPepper wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:47 pm You don't remember Muslims not being allowed in the country during the first (oh, about a) week that Trump was President as his puppeteers tested the courts?
Don't you remember pages of the EPA website literally disappearing?

That was just the warm up. If dt is Pres, life will change. His brand of politics is what young adults are learning now and it is horrible. The not being civil, the interruptions, the not knowing what one is talking about it. Life as we know it will not be pretty in 10 years. The wage gaps will be wider. The rich, taking more of what is ours (the air, the water, etc). you get the idea. You either want to blame someone (new RNC voters) or want a better future for your children (blue voters).
It's going to be cynical rent-seeking, everywhere you look. With precisely the effects you mention, and more - the tandem erosion of public spaces and the barest will for collective action are very much of a piece with the "polarization" that the polarizers will tell you they are against.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But what will we do?
If Tenacious D has died what can we do?
And what will we do for all the fans that have the D tattoo?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Who’s gonna help them getting things out from between their teeth? They hadn’t fucking teamwork.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

One thing I been thinking about:

The whole hypo like, “if you had a Time Machine and could go back and kill Hitler, would you do it?”
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would.
It remains to be seen what Trump could do - I very very much doubt it could ever get anywhere close to Hitler in the USA in todays age but we could go backwards by quite a bit as a nation.
So, if I had a Time Machine and the same question was asked of Trump, no, I definitely would not - but i'd sure as hell go forward in the Time Machine 4-8 years and see what we look like and possibly reconsider.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:38 am I would.
It remains to be seen what Trump could do - I very very much doubt it could ever get anywhere close to Hitler in the USA in todays age but we could go backwards by quite a bit as a nation.
So, if I had a Time Machine and the same question was asked of Trump, no, I definitely would not - but i'd sure as hell go forward in the Time Machine 4-8 years and see what we look like and possibly reconsider.
I will say this - finishing Band of Brothers with my boy over the weekend, I found the scenes where Easy Company discovered the camps to be even heavier than they'd normally be. Knowing that one side of our politics wants to see mass, government-coordinated action that will, if undertaken as promised, require putting people of shared characteristics in camps, bearing our symbols and at our expense.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:50 am
I will say this - finishing Band of Brothers with my boy over the weekend, I found the scenes where Easy Company discovered the camps to be even heavier than they'd normally be. Knowing that one side of our politics wants to see mass, government-coordinated action that will, if undertaken as promised, require putting people of shared characteristics in camps, bearing our symbols and at our expense.
Taking action against people who knowingly and intentionally broke the laws of this country to come in illegally and are actively draining our resources? THAT'S what bothers you?

Attitudes like this are among the major reasons why our country is in the crapper.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if we aren’t taking actions against our own citizens who break the law, what kind of message does that send to immigrants?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:23 am if we aren’t taking actions against our own citizens who break the law, what kind of message does that send to immigrants?
Which citizens?
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea.

It’s a goofy hypo, cuz we have the benefit of hindsight.

But, with the benefit of hindsight, imagine anyone being like, “oh we’re so sorry someone tried to whack you Adolf, political violence is never okay!”
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

...of course, with all of the "they tried to take Trump out!" nonsense flying around the MAGAsphere, even the common-sense suggestion that the simplest way to avoid having to see just how much truth there is in the obvious parallels (which - to be clear - we all hope there is none), is at the ballot box and in the mechanisms of our judicial system...is considered, somehow, to be a threat.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Well, the judicial system in and of itself is more of a threat than it should be for a myriad of reasons. At the hi gf est level, perhaps had RBG resigned halfway through Obama’s second term, we wouldn’t be in quite the ominous (as it relates to potential…kinda sorta for now) position of a stacked court with an agenda unbecoming to many.

It’s not an absolute answer, and definitely rolls back into the hindsight perspective…but at its core, her staying on the court was a decision seemingly based on ego, whether or not she deserved to stay or not.

And ego is one of the main forces (as a product of a (actual) narcissistic personality. But, and I’ve said this before, it’s rarely acknowledged as our own fault. See: bitching about the OTHER driver.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Stand back while we plunder everything and crash the planet. Pretty much the MAGA platform.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I saw a video montage somewhere of every time Trump has publicly insinuated, if not explicitly called for, violence against one rival or another.

I guess I’m ideologically nonviolent enough to still be among the “not the answer” crowd. But at the same time, can only feel so sorry
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:50 am
Whaddya mean one side?

Cuz there’s been robust bipartisan support for…oh, fuck it, never mind.