Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: 2024

Post by MICHHAWK »

i think you are confusing real life with the television show THE BOYS.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Sparko wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:18 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:01 pm the notion that "the fate of the world is at stake!" always make me chuckle.
It should, since you think internment camps and global climate collapse are somebody else's problem. But an idiot the size of Texas like Trump will make short work of prosperoty and peace. You might notice that we are in the greatest economy of our lifetime and not at war for the first time since Carter.
Greatest economy? What planet are you living on? This economy is the worst shit show since Carter.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the old uncle will drop out. and whoever/whomever takes his place will trounce dt in nov.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:29 pm the old uncle will drop out. and whoever/whomever takes his place will trounce dt in nov.
The only way that happens is if the election is stolen again. Then there will be blood running in the streets.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:25 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:01 pm the notion that "the fate of the world is at stake!" always make me chuckle.
It should, since you think internment camps and global climate collapse are somebody else's problem. But an idiot the size of Texas like Trump will make short work of prosperoty and peace. You might notice that we are in the greatest economy of our lifetime and not at war for the first time since Carter.
Greatest economy? What planet are you living on? This economy is the worst shit show since Carter.
I fall in-between the two of you in regards to my feelings about "the economy". So which of us 3 is right? We can't all be. Unless we are only thinking about how it affects us as individuals?

Let's say Joe drops out and Kamala is elevated. I say to those who get excited about the prospect/s, careful what you wish/ed for.
Color me orange, tan, yellow, brown, and black, and call me an idiot Giraffe but I'm convinced Joe probably has a better chance of beating Trump than Kamala does. One advantage of Kamala over Joe is Kamala could then have a more attractive VP candidate than we currently have.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:42 pm

I fall in-between the two of you in regards to my feelings about "the economy". So which of us 3 is right? We can't all be. Unless we are only thinking about how it affects us as individuals?

Let's say Joe drops out and Kamala is elevated. I say to those who get excited about the prospect/s, careful what you wish/ed for.
Color me orange, tan, yellow, brown, and black, and call me an idiot Giraffe but I'm convinced Joe probably has a better chance of beating Trump than Kamala does. One advantage of Kamala over Joe is Kamala could then have a more attractive VP candidate than we currently have.
Kamala couldn’t even pass the bar exam her first try. At least Joe has a valid reason why he can’t complete a cogent sentence. Giggles is just dumb.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Once again…as bad as Trump is, it’s just wild that Dems are struggling so mightily to find someone, anyone, who can beat him
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:48 pm

Kamala couldn’t even pass the bar exam her first try. At least Joe has a valid reason why he can’t complete a cogent sentence. Giggles is just dumb.
Dont' get me wrong, I don't think "giggles" is a genius but you know who else "couldn’t even pass the bar exam (their) first try? People A LOT smarter than you (and I) are.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

She of course is not 'dumb'.
And she of course completes a far more amount of cogent sentences than Trump.
You hate her because she is a woman Democrat. We get it.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:57 pm

Dont' get me wrong, I don't think "giggles" is a genius but you know who else "couldn’t even pass the bar exam (their) first try? People A LOT smarter than you (and I) are.
Speak for yourself. She’s nowhere near as smart as I.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:59 pm

Lulz. See my tag line for Exhibit A.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:13 pm
I just think this doesn't give nearly enough weight to the fact that, if 10,000 people in any swing state act on these well-meaning impulses, then not only will the "message" or whatever not be heard, but things will slide appreciably - and perhaps catastrophically and for a very long time - backwards.
Biden won CO by almost half a million votes last election. In a lot of ways we’re pretty much Cali lite by now. While I dunno if he can rely on that kinda margin again, if Trump even comes close to winning this state, dems is in for a lot more trouble yet.

Even if we agree that where we are at is not good, it is - I would HOPE we agree - significantly better than in places like Russia.

While on one hand I can def agree, on the other I’m still tempted to say something sassy like…at least Russia has universal healthcare?

But make no mistake, that is the sort of place the right wants to take us.
I keep thinking more like. that is the sort of place the oligarchy wants to take us. It’s not partisan, it’s systemic. Both parties are in Evil Rich People’s pockets, and Evil Rich People wanna see power and control and resources concentrated around their interests; the interests of capital.

For real, the U.S. gummint, and both major parties, has been little more than like 3 corporations in a trench coat for a while now.

There is no clearer tell on that than in the scope of the immunity opinion - that opinion was drafted by people who very obviously do not intend on there EVER being a liberal President and a liberal Supreme Court. And these are not foolish people who simply overlook the possibility that their side might, in the ordinary course, simply lose some day.
Either that, or - and largely to my last point - the opinion was drafted by people who knew liberals would be in power again, but don’t care, cuz they also know liberals aren’t worth much more than performative gestures at this point. Liberals still serve capital far more than people. And even if liberals get some good-faith wind in their sails and actually try something, they’re still too incompetent to actually get much done. (I mean why isn’t Biden running wild with this executive immunity theory?)

If you really think liberals are gonna be responsible for sweeping progressive reforms all of a sudden, I wouldn’t hold your breath.

Or, should the expression be, I wouldn’t stop flapping your gills?

(Trying to make a fish joke)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Lulz. See my tag line for Exhibit A."

How about Exhibit B:

The only thing that's disappointing to me, about the Muller report...The Muller report, I wish covered, the oranges, how it started, the beginnings of the investigation.

And then I see the disinfectant - where it knocks it out in a minute - and is there a way we can do something like that - like injection inside or almost a cleaner.

I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter perhaps I'd be dating her.

In the failing New York Times by a anamous anonmous gutless coward.

The kidney has a very special place in the heart, it's an incredible things.

I'm very highly educated, I know words, I have the best words.

Just think of it - we would be in World War Two, very quickly.

They say a wall is medieval - a wheel is, older than a wall.

In June of 1775 the Continental Congress created a unified army. Our army manned the....it ran the ramparts...it took over the airports.

You know what uranium is right, like nuclear weapons, and other things...like lots of things are done with uranium, including some bad things.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Also…

Gutter you idiot giraffe!

(Said endearingly)

For real tho, I dunno if Kamala’s worth much as a candidate either.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:09 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:13 pm
I just think this doesn't give nearly enough weight to the fact that, if 10,000 people in any swing state act on these well-meaning impulses, then not only will the "message" or whatever not be heard, but things will slide appreciably - and perhaps catastrophically and for a very long time - backwards.
Biden won CO by almost half a million votes last election. In a lot of ways we’re pretty much Cali lite by now. While I dunno if he can rely on that kinda margin again, if Trump even comes close to winning this state, dems is in for a lot more trouble yet.

Even if we agree that where we are at is not good, it is - I would HOPE we agree - significantly better than in places like Russia.

While on one hand I can def agree, on the other I’m still tempted to say something sassy like…at least Russia has universal healthcare?

But make no mistake, that is the sort of place the right wants to take us.
I keep thinking more like. that is the sort of place the oligarchy wants to take us. It’s not partisan, it’s systemic. Both parties are in Evil Rich People’s pockets, and Evil Rich People wanna see power and control and resources concentrated around their interests; the interests of capital.

For real, the U.S. gummint, and both major parties, has been little more than like 3 corporations in a trench coat for a while now.

There is no clearer tell on that than in the scope of the immunity opinion - that opinion was drafted by people who very obviously do not intend on there EVER being a liberal President and a liberal Supreme Court. And these are not foolish people who simply overlook the possibility that their side might, in the ordinary course, simply lose some day.
Either that, or - and largely to my last point - the opinion was drafted by people who knew liberals would be in power again, but don’t care, cuz they also know liberals aren’t worth much more than performative gestures at this point. Liberals still serve capital far more than people. And even if liberals get some good-faith wind in their sails and actually try something, they’re still too incompetent to actually get much done. (I mean why isn’t Biden running wild with this executive immunity theory?)

If you really think liberals are gonna be responsible for sweeping progressive reforms all of a sudden, I wouldn’t hold your breath.

Or, should the expression be, I wouldn’t stop flapping your gills?

(Trying to make a fish joke)
These two things can be true at the same time: (1) one "side" of something can have unclean hands, and (2) the other "side" of the thing can be conclusively, of the two, THE bad actor.

The general tone of your arguments here is the response people are going for when they "flood the zone with shit."
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I'm thinking Harris + Whitmer.

They would not only generate a ton of excitement in the Demo base, they'd likely beat the hell out of the bro ticket of Trump and Peter Thiel's lap dog, plus Kid Rock, Hulk Hogan, and Dana White. (All of whom are speaking tonight in order to emphasize bone spurs made me not do it Trump's repulsive "Fight" meme, which will not appeal to not already committed voters.)

Book it...
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:02 pm
pdub wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:59 pm

Lulz. See my tag line for Exhibit A.
Mind providing a source, Psych?

Because when I Googled your tag line more than once and included the "omitted results", the only location that came up were your posts here at Kansas Crimson.

tia
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

whitmer + kasich

and you are really on to something.
shindig

Post by shindig »

pdub wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:13 pm "Lulz. See my tag line for Exhibit A."

How about Exhibit B:

In June of 1775 the Continental Congress created a unified army. Our army manned the....it ran the ramparts...it took over the airports.

This one still cracks me up. Full Exhibit.
"In June of 1775, the Continental Congress created a unified Army out of the Revolutionary Forces encamped around Boston and New York, and named after the great George Washington, commander in chief. The Continental Army suffered a bitter winter of Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware and seized victory from Cornwallis of Yorktown.

"Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rocket’s red glare it had nothing but victory. And when dawn came, their star-spangled banner waved defiant."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:59 pm I'm thinking Harris + Whitmer.

They would not only generate a ton of excitement in the Demo base, they'd likely beat the hell out of the bro ticket of Trump and Peter Thiel's lap dog, plus Kid Rock, Hulk Hogan, and Dana White. (All of whom are speaking tonight in order to emphasize bone spurs made me not do it Trump's repulsive "Fight" meme, which will not appeal to not already committed voters.)

Book it...
If you can't pluck an R, I like Shapiro or Beshear better.