RNC

Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: RNC

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I am ashamed to admit I watched way more of Donnie live than I thought I would. Probably about 15 to 20 minutes worth. Better than I expected but still Donnie. He appeased his audience but I have to wonder if his speech writers intentionally/purposely dumbed down his speech to make it seem more like they were his own words. I know, I know, Donnie wrote it himself. :?
At least that's what HE will/would probably say.

Here is the thing that gets me thinking....
I would guesstimate his speech didn't sway more than 5% of voters one way or the other.
I could be wrong but I am fairly confident that historically candidates get a "bump" after giving their inauguration speech.
Those things being said, I feel if every voter listened to his speech, and people voted based on HIS speech and ONLY HIS speech. I would guess more than 55% of voters would say they would/will vote for him over Biden.
Thankfully that's not what is going to happen but my point pretty much is, I feel if everyone in this country who is going to vote in November listened to his speech and knew nothing else about him, I feel he probably "connected" with more people than he didn't "connect" with and made them feel they would like him to be their/our President. Sad - that I believe it's true.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I couldn't watch.
I did watch a good movie though.
Broham
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Yes, Trump is a known liar and cheater on the golf course (and off).

She is not playing courses set up for LPGA tour events. She is not playing from LPGA tour tees. And it wasn't under tournament pressure.

Based on her comments in the video, I think it was likely on a 9 hole course. Because I don't know a single golfer in the world who would stop halfway through an 18 hole round after shooting a 29.

In fact, the best golfer I know personally, who has played in 2 Korn Ferry events, once shot a 29 on a fuck around round after work one day a few summers ago...it was getting dark after the front 9, as it was only supposed to be a quick 9 after work before dark....but since he shot a 29, he had his dad come out and follow the back 9 to help find balls in the dark because he had a career round going. It didn't end well (which is relative, because he was hoping to break 60), as he couldn't keep it going. But he did shoot 63, which was still his personal best.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:30 am I am ashamed to admit I watched way more of Donnie live than I thought I would. Probably about 15 to 20 minutes worth. Better than I expected but still Donnie. He appeased his audience but I have to wonder if his speech writers intentionally/purposely dumbed down his speech to make it seem more like they were his own words. I know, I know, Donnie wrote it himself. :?

I would guesstimate his speech didn't sway more than 5% of voters one way or the other.
I could be wrong but I am fairly confident that historically candidates get a "bump" after giving their inauguration speech.
Those things being said, I feel if every voter listened to his speech, and people voted based on HIS speech and ONLY HIS speech. I would guess more than 55% of voters would say they would/will vote for him over Biden.
Thankfully that's not what is going to happen but my point pretty much is, I feel if everyone in this country who is going to vote in November listened to his speech and knew nothing else about him, I feel he probably "connected" with more people than he didn't "connect" with and made them feel they would like him to be their/our President. Sad - that I believe it's true.
Really depends which 15-20 minutes you saw.

It was a speech in three acts: (I) the harrowing story of how I got shot (where are those medicals, by the way?), (II) 50/50 scripted and asides, and (III) a tour of Brainworm Forest, with guest appearances by Hannibal Lecter and Kim Jong Un.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:43 am Yes, Trump is a known liar and cheater on the golf course (and off).

She is not playing courses set up for LPGA tour events. She is not playing from LPGA tour tees. And it wasn't under tournament pressure.

Based on her comments in the video, I think it was likely on a 9 hole course. Because I don't know a single golfer in the world who would stop halfway through an 18 hole round after shooting a 29.

In fact, the best golfer I know personally, who has played in 2 Korn Ferry events, once shot a 29 on a fuck around round after work one day a few summers ago...it was getting dark after the front 9, as it was only supposed to be a quick 9 after work before dark....but since he shot a 29, he had his dad come out and follow the back 9 to help find balls in the dark because he had a career round going. It didn't end well (which is relative, because he was hoping to break 60), as he couldn't keep it going. But he did shoot 63, which was still his personal best.
Depends on your definition of: "...it didn't end well..." lol. Great story! I'd take a 63, any, any day!
Illy wrote:...I don't know a single golfer in the world who would stop halfway through an 18 hole round after shooting a 29...
^^^ That!

As I've mentioned before, I worked at a public course in Wichita from 8th grade thru my senior year in high school. Loved the job, wonderful place to spend part of your childhood, and played golf ALL the time.

One day I was making the turn on the 9th green, one over par, my best 9 hole score ever. (I'd only been playing golf 2-3? years by then. I don't remember exactly when it happened, but it was some time before I could drive, because that was part of the draw to quit-we had a ride!) Up drive my golf course working buddies, one of whom was old enough to drive, and they were headed to Horseshoe Lake, a sand pit converted to a swimming hole on the west side of Wichita. This was a rare thing-to have a ride to somewhere that was too far to ride my bike, so after standing there on the green contemplating whether to quit and go with them or finish the round, while they're all yelling at me to "come on, let's go", I quit and went swimming.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I shot a 29 once.

Then I realized I was still only on the 5th hole…
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:20 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:30 am I am ashamed to admit I watched way more of Donnie live than I thought I would. Probably about 15 to 20 minutes worth. Better than I expected but still Donnie. He appeased his audience but I have to wonder if his speech writers intentionally/purposely dumbed down his speech to make it seem more like they were his own words. I know, I know, Donnie wrote it himself. :?

Really depends which 15-20 minutes you saw.

It was a speech in three acts: (I) the harrowing story of how I got shot (where are those medicals, by the way?), (II) 50/50 scripted and asides, and (III) a tour of Brainworm Forest, with guest appearances by Hannibal Lecter and Kim Jong Un.
I watched what my guess is somewhere in last 70% to 90% of the speech. Where he went from warm and fuzzy to fuck Joe Biden back to warm and fuzzy.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:43 am Yes, Trump is a known liar and cheater on the golf course (and off).

"She is not playing courses set up for LPGA tour events. She is not playing from LPGA tour tees. And it wasn't under tournament pressure".

1. You are making assumptions.
a. You have stated you don't know what course she shot the 29 on. I assume you realize her grandfather owns courses that have hosted LGPA events. While doubtful, it's possible she did it on one of his courses that has hosted a LGPA event. Right?
b. It's probably a safe assumption she wasn't playing from LPGA tour tees, you don't actually know what tees she was playing from. Or do you?
d. Yes, it wasn't under LGPA tournament pressure but it's possible it was under "tournament pressure". You don't know what if any specific pressure/s she was facing. Or do you?

"Based on her comments in the video, I think it was likely on a 9 hole course. Because I don't know a single golfer in the world who would stop halfway through an 18 hole round after shooting a 29"

To me, based on her comments in the video, it SEEMS MAYBE she stopped because she didn't want to shoot something significantly worse on the "back" 9 and ruin the high of the ALLEGED 29?

My personal experience with a 29 was when I shot a 29 over 4 or 5 holes.
You are MUCH more of an avid and knowledgable golfer than I am.
The craziest thing to me is when my buddy played 18 holes on a course in Dorado and alleged that is was his first time actually trying on an 18 hole course - and I recall he shot about 100. Sometimes I recall he broke a hundred and sometimes I recall he shot just over 100.
What would you guesstimate the odds of that happening to be? I would guess about 150,000 to 1.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

They are immoral grifters and embeciles. Need to work hard to keep Idiocracy at bay. Including the pro rasslers.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:04 am

"She is not playing courses set up for LPGA tour events. She is not playing from LPGA tour tees. And it wasn't under tournament pressure".

1. You are making assumptions.
a. You have stated you don't know what course she shot the 29 on. I assume you realize her grandfather owns courses that have hosted LGPA events. While doubtful, it's possible she did it on one of his courses that has hosted a LGPA event. Right?
b. It's probably a safe assumption she wasn't playing from LPGA tour tees, you don't actually know what tees she was playing from. Or do you?
d. Yes, it wasn't under LGPA tournament pressure but it's possible it was under "tournament pressure". You don't know what if any specific pressure/s she was facing. Or do you?

"Based on her comments in the video, I think it was likely on a 9 hole course. Because I don't know a single golfer in the world who would stop halfway through an 18 hole round after shooting a 29"

To me, based on her comments in the video, it SEEMS MAYBE she stopped because she didn't want to shoot something significantly worse on the "back" 9 and ruin the high of the ALLEGED 29?

My personal experience with a 29 was when I shot a 29 over 4 or 5 holes.
You are MUCH more of an avid and knowledgable golfer than I am.
The craziest thing to me is when my buddy played 18 holes on a course in Dorado and alleged that is was his first time actually trying on an 18 hole course - and I recall he shot about 100. Sometimes I recall he broke a hundred and sometimes I recall he shot just over 100.
What would you guesstimate the odds of that happening to be? I would guess about 150,000 to 1.
1. A) yes. It could have been on 1 of those courses, but they still would not have been set up like an LPGA event. Green speed. Rough length. Etc. I also don't know a single female HS golfer who plays the blue tees (which is equivalent to LPGA length set ups).
1. B) my gues is she played the red tees, because that's what HS girls play. Even college women's golfers typically play white tees.
1. D) you skipped 1c. If it was a tournament she wouldn't have quit after 9 holes. And if it was a HS tournament then it likely wasn't at one of Trump's courses, nor was it from white or blue tees.

No clue on the rest....but I need to head to the first tee now, so we'll have to figure the rest out later. 😉
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sparko wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:10 am They are immoral grifters and embeciles. Need to work hard to keep Idiocracy at bay. Including the pro rasslers.
While watching (and listening), I was paying more attention to the crowd shots than I was to Trump.
Then today I watched some crowd reactions to the speakers and "performers".
A lot of people who seemed to be under a spell. Probably because they were/are under a spell.
For what and why? This is the shit that they want to be associated and enamored with? Child please!
This is the polar opposite of my father's Republican Party.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

They've all been prosyletised into the maga genius.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:08 am
Sparko wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:10 am They are immoral grifters and embeciles. Need to work hard to keep Idiocracy at bay. Including the pro rasslers.
While watching (and listening), I was paying more attention to the crowd shots than I was to Trump.
A lot of people who seemed to be under a spell. Probably because they were/are under a spell.
For what and why? This is the shit that they want to be associated and enamored with? Child please!
Because it's a messianic cult.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:08 am
I've regularly shed a psychological tear for the "normal" republicans and conservatives, people like your father and DC, whose party has abandoned them. I wonder how in the world I would feel if, as a liberal Democrat, I suffered the same fate Then I come to my senses and recall that what we see today isn't a random accident, but the fruits of over a half century of the dedicated never waning Republican efforts to win the support of White racists and religious zealots.

I'll spare you the details, but appealing to bigots and racists isn't an accident, it was a plan hatched by Nixon and his buddies back in the late 60's as an effort to get southern Democrats to become Republicans after LBJ signed the Civil Rights and Voting Rights acts. You know, to treat Blacks like real people, and allow Americans who might not support you to vote, nonetheless.

Southern Baptists weren't anti-abortion when Roe v Wade was decided in '73. They were reluctant to be against abortion in part because it would make them appear to be falling prey to, acceeding to, getting too close to, Catholic policies. So, years later in '79 conservative activists found that being pro-segregated schools was too offensive a tool to use to appeal to religious voters, so they decided to champion anti-abortion on moral grounds as an appeal to evangelical Christians.

Presto-chango, the next thing you know you've got Jerry Falwell and the Moral Majority to wage war on the godless liberals who want to kill babies, and half a century later you look around and you're up to your neck not only in Christian Nationalists, but White supremacists and racists, too!

#somuchwinning
Derek Cressman
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Well, yeah. God works in mysterious ways.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

I’m against all laws regarding abortion.
Last edited by dolomite on Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Big tent, errr Hood,that republican party has.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

It is creepy AF.

Watching them laugh hysterically at the most immature and stupid jokes.

Seeing them wear panty liners on their heads to emulate Cheeto Mussolini.

Speaking of God sparing his life to continue doing the Lords work.

Frothing at the mouth at every mention of punishing immigrants.

The constant barrage of three word chants.

Speaking of Hulk Hogan as some kind of amazing orator.

Fucking

Cult

Shit
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

defixione wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:05 pm Well, yeah. God works in mysterious ways.
Absolute POTD.

Now, tear that perforated t shirt!
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:52 pm It is creepy AF.

Watching them laugh hysterically at the most immature and stupid jokes.

Seeing them wear panty liners on their heads to emulate Cheeto Mussolini.

Speaking of God sparing his life to continue doing the Lords work.

Frothing at the mouth at every mention of punishing immigrants.

The constant barrage of three word chants.

Speaking of Hulk Hogan as some kind of amazing orator.

Fucking

Cult

Shit
We must have been watching two different conventions Overlander, because I found it quite inspiring.

The Lincoln Project-RNC Day Four Re-Cap

Derek Cressman