Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Ok, so Kamala was who they pretty much had to choose. No shocker. Here is where the shocker MAY come in to play. Pay close attention to how soon and who is chosen to be her VP candidate.
The way things are going, I am not 100% convinced Kamala is going to be the Democratic nominee. Watch something miraculously happen such has she has a health issue, her husband has a health issues, there is an assassination attempt, whatever.

Holy Cow! Did anyone hear/read Trump's statement? He couldn't be a bigger asshole. Which is exactly what his base gets off on. Peace and Unity Donnie is dead. Asshole Donnie is back - full speed ahead.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:15 pm Ok, so Kamala was who they pretty much had to choose. No shocker. Here is where the shocker MAY come in to play. Pay close attention to how soon and who is chosen to be her VP candidate.
The way things are going, I am not 100% convinced Kamala is going to be the Democratic nominee. Watch something miraculously happen such has she has a health issue, her husband has a health issues, there is an assassination attempt, whatever.

Holy Cow! Did anyone hear/read Trump's statement? He couldn't be a bigger asshole. Which is exactly what his base gets off on. Peace and Unity Donnie is dead. Asshole Donnie is back - full speed ahead.
Trump is not a nice man, nor is he a good person. He does, however, get results, which is all most of us who will vote for him care about.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:46 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:15 pm Ok, so Kamala was who they pretty much had to choose. No shocker. Here is where the shocker MAY come in to play. Pay close attention to how soon and who is chosen to be her VP candidate.

Trump is not a nice man, nor is he a good person. He does, however, get results, which is all most of us who will vote for him care about.
So in other words, you, the guy who focuses on "white Christianity", don't give a fudge about a person's morals as long as you get the "results" you want?
Aren't you the same guy who basically criticized Jeeper for being a guy who is/was in a slimy profession for dishonest people? What if he get's "results"?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:56 pm

So in other words, you, the guy who focuses on "white Christianity", don't give a fudge about a person's morals as long as you get the "results" you want?
Aren't you the same guy who basically criticized Jeeper for being a guy who is/was in a slimy profession for dishonest people? What if he get's "results"?
Not sure what "white Christianity" is, or how it is different from other varieties of the faith, but my answer would be that the POTUS is not a religious leader. I don't expect him to be a good man, much less a man of faith. I do expect him to do what he is supposed to do, which is look out for the best interests of the American people - something Brandon and Giggles have pretty much done the opposite of. I don't have to like or respect or even agree with someone to accept their leadership, as long as it is competent.

Jeeper can do whatever he wants for a living. According to him, he is really, really great - the best, actually, and makes a lot of money - believe me, a LOT of money - and gets to go on great vacations - really, really great vacations. A LOT of them, as everyone knows.

I choose to be a good teacher and therapist and make less money working a lot harder rather than go that route, but that's just me. I'm not the moral arbiter for the universe.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

JK is a miserable dude.

On a different but more related to this topic title front: I was not going to vote for Biden. Theres a decent shot I will Kamala depending on her next steps and how she thinks she will lead.

I’m sure there are more of me that feel that way.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:16 pm JK is a miserable dude.

On a different but more related to this topic title front: I was not going to vote for Biden. Theres a decent shot I will Kamala depending on her next steps and how she thinks she will lead.

Harris will pull more people from the "I refuse to vote for either of these old, white fucks" than she will lose so it is a net gain.

She will either pick Pete B. or the PA Gov. as her running mate and they will be off and running.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:10 pm

Not sure what "white Christianity" is, or how it is different from other varieties of the faith, but my answer would be that the POTUS is not a religious leader. I don't expect him to be a good man, much less a man of faith. I do expect him to do what he is supposed to do, which is look out for the best interests of the American people - something Brandon and Giggles have pretty much done the opposite of. I don't have to like or respect or even agree with someone to accept their leadership, as long as it is competent.

Jeeper can do whatever he wants for a living. According to him, he is really, really great - the best, actually, and makes a lot of money - believe me, a LOT of money - and gets to go on great vacations - really, really great vacations. A LOT of them, as everyone knows.

I choose to be a good teacher and therapist and make less money working a lot harder rather than go that route, but that's just me. I'm not the moral arbiter for the universe.
I don't know, maybe I had a Biden moment. I thought you posted about white Christianity recently. If not, my apology.

Meanwhile, RIGHT! The POTUS is not a religious leader. So then why does he continue to use religion as a crutch to rile up his base?

You say, "I do expect him to do what he is supposed to do, which is look out for the best interests of the American people". BULLSH*T! You want your President (Trump) to look out for YOUR best interests. Be honest with yourself. You don't really give a flying fudge about people who have different views and needs than you do.

I don't accept Trump's "leadership". I respected the office he held when he was President. Maybe more than he did.

His competency was debatable. He didn't do things he said he was going to do when he ran in 2016 while he served until January of 2021.

Yes, I am aware of Jeeper and his success. I choose to be happy for him. Maybe there were a few times I was joking around when I called him something such as "boat boy" (I think he called himself "Kid Yacht") but I hope I have never ridiculed him for his making an honest living.

I give you a ton of respect for being a teacher. God bless you - and I sincerely mean that. Assuming your motivation is/was to help and not harm others.
I give you a ton of respect for being a therapist. God bless you - and I sincerely mean that. Assuming your motivation is/was to help and not harm others.

I'm burnt out on going back and forth with you. That's not a knock on you so much as it's a knock on me.
I'm taking a break. You're welcome. ;)
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Would it help you decide to know that Trump thought enough of her to donate to her campaign in 2011?

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

No worries. Miserable people who made shit of their lives are always the same ones bitching how unfair the deck is stacked.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:37 pm

No worries. Miserable people who made shit of their lives are always the same ones bitching how unfair the deck is stacked.
Funny, I was just thinking about how the most insecure people are the ones who feel like they need to keep telling everyone how great they are and taking shots at people who make them feel threatened. Truly happy people just live their lives quietly and enjoy their success.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:35 pm

Harris will pull more people from the "I refuse to vote for either of these old, white fucks" than she will lose so it is a net gain.

She will either pick Pete B. or the PA Gov. as her running mate and they will be off and running.
I feel we should be so lucky if she picked Pete B. Or even the "PA Gov."
I don't see it happening.
Problem is I am confident it's not really HER "pick" and I think those who will be doing the "picking" aren't going to want a Black/Indian/Woman to run with "a gay" or "a Heeb". Despite their being solid choices.
My hope is I am wrong.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:42 pm

Problem is I am confident it's not really HER "pick" and I think those who will be doing the "picking" aren't going to want a Black/Indian/Woman to run with "a gay" or "a Heeb". Despite their being solid choices.
My hope is I am wrong.
Wish I could say "Heeb", and "Nigga"
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:37 pm

Would it help you decide to know that Trump thought enough of her to donate to her campaign in 2011?

He donated to her campaigns. Plural. I'm confident I can guess the reasons why. To benefit himself more than her.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:37 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:10 pm

Yes, I am aware of Jeeper and his success. I choose to be happy for him. Maybe there were a few times I was joking around when I called him something such as "boat boy" (I think he called himself "Kid Yacht") but I hope I have never ridiculed him for his making an honest living.
I am not particularly successful.
I have worked my ass off, and learned hard lessons from significant mistakes. After going through a “close enough to killed” situation, I took a hard look at life and how short it truly can be.

I have always gone out of my way to treat people (friends, clients, people in general) with respect and kindness. I am confident that nearly everyone who knows me would have a good opinion of me. live my life pretty low key.

I worked my ass off paying off all debt. We don’t buy a lot of useless stuff. This frugality allows us to take multiple trips a year, almost exclusively for new adventures. We find that the exhilaration and thirst for discovery feed our souls more than possessions can.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Would anyone else pay per view a live debate between Pete and Trump?

Trump would melt fucking down and throw out a slur before the 3rd question!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

My hope is I am wrong.
The people who won't vote for "a gay" or "a Heeb" are already voting for Trump. What the mouth breathers think of it is irrelevant.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:25 pm

My hope is I am wrong.
The people who won't vote for "a gay" or "a Heeb" are already voting for Trump. What the mouth breathers think of it is irrelevant.
True.
What about the Independents and undecideds?
I don't know if having a Jew or a Gay on the ticket would help or hurt the Dems but I do know there are people in this country other than mouth breathers who dislike Gays and Jews.
Meanwhile, enough people in Pennsylvania voted for a Jew and enough people in South Bend voted for a Gay so..... My head continues to spin on the subject.
Meanwhile part 2, Mayor Pete ran for Pres and Kamala ran for Pres and the Dems didn't want either of them to be their candidate. So.... What will have changed?

* EDIT
Couple more things of note that I am sure many if not most on here took in to consideration when they said Pete or Josh.
I don't think Pete being on the ticket is enough to win Indiana.
Josh might be enough to lock up Pennsylvania.
Gavin doesn't matter in terms of California.
Gretchen might help keep Michigan.
I don't think Andy is enough to win Kentucky.
Roy very well could be the difference maker for North Carolina.
J.B. is a loooooong shot and Illinois is probably in the bag for the Dems.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:25 pm

My hope is I am wrong.
Yup.
I’d vote for Harris Pete for sure.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

gutter wrote:...* EDIT
Couple more things of note that I am sure many if not most on here took in to consideration when they said Pete or Josh.
I don't think Pete being on the ticket is enough to win Indiana.
Josh might be enough to lock up Pennsylvania.
Gavin doesn't matter in terms of California.
Gretchen might help keep Michigan.
I don't think Andy is enough to win Kentucky.
Roy very well could be the difference maker for North Carolina.
J.B. is a loooooong shot and Illinois is probably in the bag for the Dems.
^^^

You pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

As Gutter pointed out, the problem with Pete is he doesn't bring a state with him like Shapiro or Whitmer could. If the Dems win Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, they don't have to worry about winning the other swing states Nevada, Arizona, or Georgia. (That assumes they hold onto the states they were already expected to win before Biden's debate debacle, Virginia, Minnesota, and Maine.)

I doubt Harris will be leading Trump when the first polls come out now that she's the heir apparent to Biden. But, I think once people are given the choice between Harris and Trump and his plan to charge a 10% tariff on all imported goods raising the prices Americans pay for so many things and reigniting inflation, and:

Project 2025 with its
-End to Obama Care taking health care away from tens of millions of Americans
-End to Medicare
-End of Social Security
-End to abortion
-End to contraceptives,
-End to IVF
-End to the Dept. of Education
-End the FDA
-End the Dept. of Homeland Security,
-Defund the FBI
-Increased drilling on public lands,
-End to the Clean Air Act
-End the Clean Water Act
-Deport tens of millions of immigrants,
etc., etc., the tide will turn.

Harris and Democrats are going to hang Project 2025 around Trump, Republicans, and Vance's neck 24/7 between now and Nov., and if it's anything like the states that have held referendums on Abortion since the Supremes put an end to Roe v Wade... I'm here for it!

And that's not to mention, Trump is now the old, demented, failing, frail candidate in the race.

BTW Tdub, got any "choices", yet?
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Manchin is considering running for President.

Comes out earlier today saying Biden shouldn't run, considering running himself.

___k him.
Derek Cressman