Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by KUTradition »

it’s amazing how gullible some are
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:36 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:32 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:24 pm

I think he is well above average, maybe 115-120 range. Definitely not the most intelligent POTUS ever, but higher than Giggles, whom I would put at 95-100.
and your conclusion is based on?
it’s gotta be based on the transcripts from his speeches

utter brilliance
He’s not an extemporaneous speaker, but he refused to stick to a written manuscript. It definitely hurts his presentation. He has a lot of Cluster B personality disorder traits, which makes him come across poorly but also not really care.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:42 am
JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:27 am For your consideration, ladies and gentlemen, I present the acme of competence, Ms. Kamala Harris, Dim candidate for POTUS:

“So Ukraine is a country in Europe. It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So, basically, that’s wrong and it goes against everything we stand for.”

https://nypost.com/2022/03/01/kamala-ha ... planation/

Even scarier: there are plenty more out there. The more she talks, the dumber she sounds.
is it possible she was speaking directly to Ousdahl?
OK, that's funny
Broham
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:39 pm it’s amazing how gullible some are
Using financial success or, worse, celebrity as a proxy for intelligence is really not doing us many favors.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i am very eager to put the dt era in my rearview. but i got to admit. comma'la hariis is the last person i would have selected to put this country out of its' dt misery.

Last edited by MICHHAWK on Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:36 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:24 pm

I think he is well above average, maybe 115-120 range. Definitely not the most intelligent POTUS ever, but higher than Giggles, whom I would put at 95-100.
The success he has achieved in life and his ability to manage situations. Some of it is a hunch based on years of scoring tests.
what success is that?

his dad's money? his multiple bankruptcies? his fraud? his failed marriages? his felony convictions?

managing situations....like covid? thay went well...or do you mean by kicking and screaming like a toddler and blaming everyone else while exclaiming I'm the greatest?

seems the only thing he has succeeded at is selling himself as as some great person and businessman.

But....youre too smart for that, AND you hate salesmen. So....that can't be it
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

TDub wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:07 pm

The success he has achieved in life and his ability to manage situations. Some of it is a hunch based on years of scoring tests.
what success is that?

his dad's money? his multiple bankruptcies? his fraud? his failed marriages? his felony convictions?

managing situations....like covid? thay went well...or do you mean by kicking and screaming like a toddler and blaming everyone else while exclaiming I'm the greatest?

seems the only thing he has succeeded at is selling himself as as some great person and businessman.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

what success is that?

I feel like I’m wasting my time here, but I’ll take you seriously for a moment:

He had one of the top prime time shows in television for several years running. Without him, The Apprentice doesn’t work. Made himself and many other people a lot of money.

He wrote a NYT best-selling book.

He oversaw an amazing economic resurgence before COVID.

His trade policy was very successful after decades of Presidents bending over and taking it in the rear.

His border policy worked spectacularly well.

As with all people who have a lot of Cluster B traits, interpersonal relationships are rocky and those who are high in narcissism take a lot of unnecessary risks that don’t pan out.

I think he was right to protest the 2020 election. It was stolen and his actions then will put a spotlight on the process this time around.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:39 pm
KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:26 pm is psych’s head going to explode when Harris thumps trump in a relative landslide?
Better chance I get elected President in 2028 than that happening.
Let's be real. The Dems are not too "excited" about Harris. They would prefer a cognizant Biden.
Harris is about as exciting as the whatever percent she polled at before she dropped out in 2020. Actually, 2019. MAYBE slightly more but definitely not a whole lot more.
Probably the best thing the Dems could do is replace her (more so - not have "chosen" her) but with who/m? Then if they were to replace her, if I am not mistaken, they lose a shitload of money.
Not a great situation.
$150 million in donations in 36ish hours would seem to indicate more excitement than you think
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:33 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:39 pm
KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:26 pm is psych’s head going to explode when Harris thumps trump in a relative landslide?
Better chance I get elected President in 2028 than that happening.
Let's be real. The Dems are not too "excited" about Harris. They would prefer a cognizant Biden.
Harris is about as exciting as the whatever percent she polled at before she dropped out in 2020. Actually, 2019. MAYBE slightly more but definitely not a whole lot more.
Probably the best thing the Dems could do is replace her (more so - not have "chosen" her) but with who/m? Then if they were to replace her, if I am not mistaken, they lose a shitload of money.
Not a great situation.
$150 million in donations in 36ish hours would seem to indicate more excitement than you think

Yes, it indicates a lot of excitement - in regards to raising money for her to beat Trump.
Yes, she is the much desired (and needed?) change that people wanted.
She's still Kamala Harris. The woman 85%+ of Dems had no interest in nor excitement about in 2020 when she ran for President.
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Seems like the Dems are getting energized today, donations rolling in, CNN commentators in better moods.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

dolomite wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:54 pm Seems like the Dems are getting energized today, donations rolling in, CNN commentators in better moods.
Absolutely! There is a buzz. There is a wave. It's a good thing. For now.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:02 pm
twocoach wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:25 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:42 pm

I feel we should be so lucky if she picked Pete B. Or even the "PA Gov."
I don't see it happening.
Problem is I am confident it's not really HER "pick" and I think those who will be doing the "picking" aren't going to want a Black/Indian/Woman to run with "a gay" or "a Heeb". Despite their being solid choices.
My hope is I am wrong.
The people who won't vote for "a gay" or "a Heeb" are already voting for Trump. What the mouth breathers think of it is irrelevant.
True.
What about the Independents and undecideds?
I don't know if having a Jew or a Gay on the ticket would help or hurt the Dems but I do know there are people in this country other than mouth breathers who dislike Gays and Jews.
Meanwhile, enough people in Pennsylvania voted for a Jew and enough people in South Bend voted for a Gay so..... My head continues to spin on the subject.
Meanwhile part 2, Mayor Pete ran for Pres and Kamala ran for Pres and the Dems didn't want either of them to be their candidate. So.... What will have changed?

* EDIT
Couple more things of note that I am sure many if not most on here took in to consideration when they said Pete or Josh.
I don't think Pete being on the ticket is enough to win Indiana.
Josh might be enough to lock up Pennsylvania.
Gavin doesn't matter in terms of California.
Gretchen might help keep Michigan.
I don't think Andy is enough to win Kentucky.
Roy very well could be the difference maker for North Carolina.
J.B. is a loooooong shot and Illinois is probably in the bag for the Dems.
Hey shit for brains - Pete is a Michigan resident.
What does him being on the ticket have to do with winning Indiana (or not)? ;)
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Sez the guy supporting the halfwit candidate.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:55 pm
i’m not now, nor have i ever been, a trump supporter

you really aren’t very smart, are you?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:05 pm

Well, you’re definitely not as clever as you think you are.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:25 pm
KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:05 pm

Well, you’re definitely not as clever as you think you are.
coming from you?

:lol:
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:33 pm

what success is that?

He had one of the top prime time shows in television for several years running. Without him, The Apprentice doesn’t work. Made himself and many other people a lot of money.

His trade policy was very successful after decades of Presidents bending over and taking it in the rear.

As with all people who have a lot of Cluster B traits, interpersonal relationships are rocky and those who are high in narcissism take a lot of unnecessary risks that don’t pan out.

I think he was right to protest the 2020 election. It was stolen and his actions then will put a spotlight on the process this time around.
thats all I need to know to understand there's no use arguing with you. No sense arguing with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:58 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:33 pm

what success is that?

thats all I need to know to understand there's no use arguing with you. No sense arguing with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.
Glad I could be of service.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

In 2016 after the RNC but before the first debate, Hillary Clinton had the support of 85% of Democrats.
On Election Day, Hillary received support from 89% of Democrats.
Today, Kamala Harris has 94% support among Democrats.

Matthew Dowd, former GW Bush Administration member.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman