Uncle Joe

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by twocoach »

Overlander wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:53 am
Sparko wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:49 am Lots of things went up in price thanks to the Trump virus.
To be fair, we never actually TRIED the injectable disinfectant.
This go here?
"In January, February and March of 2020, accidental poisonings with household disinfectants were up 5%, 17% and 93% respectively over the same months in 2019. In April, which includes an eight day period from the 23rd of the month to the 30th, following Trump’s comments, the increase was 121% compared to April of 2019. In the first ten days of May, things settled down some, with poisonings up 69% over the same 10-day period in 2019."

https://time.com/5835244/accidental-poisonings-trump/
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:23 pm
Sparko wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:49 am Lots of things went up in price thanks to the Trump virus.
This go here?
"In January, February and March of 2020, accidental poisonings with household disinfectants were up 5%, 17% and 93% respectively over the same months in 2019. In April, which includes an eight day period from the 23rd of the month to the 30th, following Trump’s comments, the increase was 121% compared to April of 2019. In the first ten days of May, things settled down some, with poisonings up 69% over the same 10-day period in 2019."

Behold the decades-old Republican war on intellectualism bearing fruit!

But, Fauci!
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

This go here?

They should have tried a higher dose.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Overlander wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:15 pm

This go here?

They should have tried a higher dose.
Then they'd end up like this Trump fan:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... -phosphate

"A Phoenix-area man has died and his wife was in critical condition after the couple took chloroquine phosphate, an additive used to clean fish tanks that is also found in an anti-malaria medication touted by Donald Trump as a treatment for Covid-19."
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Only the brightest
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

well, when someone so very successful gives medical advice, you listen

duh
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:33 pm well, when someone so very successful gives medical advice, you listen

duh
Clearly. The man is a certified genius!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Major labor unions urge Biden to halt military aid to Israel

https://thehill.com/business/4788621-un ... i-aid/amp/

Just in time for Bibi’s visit to Washington btw

(And I’ve long opined the single best thing this country could do for ourselves would be a general strike)
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Fantastic speech, Joe.

What a class act.

Try to imagine, if you can, Trump willingly passing the torch at all, AT ALL, and especially with such dignity.

Thanks.
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

trump takes credit

:lol:

of course he does
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:20 pm trump takes credit

:lol:

of course he does
I don't know what Trump can take credit for other than ~ 400,000 excess deaths due to Covid because of his incompetence, a tax cut for the already rich who don't need it, and increasing the national debt more in 4 years than any other president in American history.

But, of course he does.
Derek Cressman
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:55 am

(And I’ve long opined the single best thing this country could do for ourselves would be a general strike)
What does a "general strike" look like to you? Just curious.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:16 pm Fantastic speech, Joe.

What a class act.

Try to imagine, if you can, Trump willingly passing the torch at all, AT ALL, and especially with such dignity.

Thanks.
There was really a great amount of relief on his face and in his voice. And (fully understanding that maybe he was leaning into the feebleness) the contrast with what Kamala's out there doing, and how she's doing it, is striking.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/25/economy/ ... index.html

"America’s economy is about to stick what’s called a “soft landing,” which is when inflation returns to the Fed’s target without a recession — a feat that’s only happened once, during the 1990s, according to some economists."
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

shhh, don’t tell psych
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:16 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:55 am

What does a "general strike" look like to you? Just curious.
he has zero clue, but it sounds edgy and woke, and his entitled yuppy hippy chicks open their legs for such things
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Jesus Christ trad, you come across as so bitter. Please chill?

But, that’s a good question, illy!

A general strike is strategically bringing the economy to its knees. Have workers remind evil rich people who really makes shit happen.

Of course, the hard part is the “strategically.” We’d have to do it with a vision, stated objectives, and a solid network of support.

What it would take is the thing evil rich people fear more than strikes themselves:

A well-organized working class.

(Well, a strike is more a tool of an organized working class)

We’d need people to actually realize the strength in our numbers and look past the Cold War capitalist conditioning. We’d need robust mutual aid, and care for one another as cohesive communities, rather than as individual consumers.

Of course, there’s a lot between here and there. And I certainly don’t have all the answers!

But one of the biggest obstacles is, rather than actually consider the merits of what I’m trying to express, so many would prefer to attack me personally in a way that preserves some status quo.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:43 am Jesus Christ trad, you come across as so bitter. Please chill?

But, that’s a good question, illy!

A general strike is strategically bringing the economy to its knees. Have workers remind evil rich people who really makes shit happen.

Of course, the hard part is the “strategically.” We’d have to do it with a vision, stated objectives, and a solid network of support.

What it would take is the thing evil rich people fear more than strikes themselves:

A well-organized working class.

(Well, a strike is more a tool of an organized working class)

We’d need people to actually realize the strength in our numbers and look past the Cold War capitalist conditioning. We’d need robust mutual aid, and care for one another as cohesive communities, rather than as individual consumers.

Of course, there’s a lot between here and there. And I certainly don’t have all the answers!

But one of the biggest obstacles is, rather than actually consider the merits of what I’m trying to express, so many would prefer to attack me personally in a way that preserves some status quo.
A well organized national general strike is about as likely to happen as "we should get all the big money out of politics". It sounds cool to talk about over a beer at a sports bar but the reality of it is absurd. It is a conversation that is purely theoretical.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea.

Sure is difficult to look past the Cold War capitalist conditioning.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Me going on strike wouldn't bring a single evil rich person to their knees. It would simply bring my family to their knees because I'd have no income. And it would hurt the company I work for which is a small family owned business with less than 15 employees.

Who comes to help the elderly man having a heart attack if the firefighters are on strike?

How does the poor family with 6 or 7 children feed their kids when trucks stop delivering food to grocery stores?

Or when there is no heat or electricity?

Or clean water to drink?

You know these things don't "do" themselves right?

I could go on and on.

Sounds like Ousdahl just doesn't want to work. Because the only people who will be brought to their knees would be the citizens. The evil rich people would just hop on their private jet and fly somewhere that isn't on a "general strike".