Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: RNC

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:03 am
Overlander wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:59 am
JKLivin wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:44 am

They won’t take my jobs, but they will take the jobs of the parents of kids who will now not be able to afford to go to college, which will, ultimately, take my job.
Wait, you are claiming that Immigrants are taking low paying jobs that make it difficult for parents who otherwise were saving up to send their kids to college?

That your student body is made up with descendants of crop pickers? Fast food workers? Lawn care laborers?

And this is YOUR reality?
Ask the IT workers at Disney who were forced to train their replacements if all immigrants are crop pickers. Do you think ALL of the people crossing the border illegally just pick crops, or is it possible that they will underbid other jobs, too?

You seem to think that, if you just go along quietly and have a good attitude, you won’t be next. You’re wrong.
I'm slow. I'm confused. Are you upset that there are immigrants (define that word as you choose) who want to work and contribute to society in a positive manner?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

That story came out about 10 years ago.

You are seriously in the rabbit hole.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

psych stuck in the past?

cankles paid rent for years…wonder how much real estate giggles is taking up in that empty noggin, and how long she’ll loiter
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:43 am psych stuck in the past?

cankles paid rent for years…wonder how much real estate giggles is taking up in that empty noggin, and how long she’ll loiter
He loves the ladies!
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:07 am

Wait, you are claiming that Immigrants are taking low paying jobs that make it difficult for parents who otherwise were saving up to send their kids to college?

That your student body is made up with descendants of crop pickers? Fast food workers? Lawn care laborers?

Ask the IT workers at Disney who were forced to train their replacements if all immigrants are crop pickers. Do you think ALL of the people crossing the border illegally just pick crops, or is it possible that they will underbid other jobs, too?

You seem to think that, if you just go along quietly and have a good attitude, you won’t be next. You’re wrong.
I'm slow. I'm confused. Are you upset that there are immigrants (define that word as you choose) who want to work and contribute to society in a positive manner?
I want people to immigrate legally, to pay taxes, and to assimilate into the culture. Ask London what it is like when that doesn't happen. I want Americans to have first priority for jobs and for my tax dollars to help and support people who are here legally. I'm all for people contributing positively, so long as it is done in a legal manner.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:44 am

They won’t take my jobs, but they will take the jobs of the parents of kids who will now not be able to afford to go to college, which will, ultimately, take my job.

The Disney case involved workers on H1B Visas (AKA the same kind used by Donald Trump to staff his resorts). That has nothing to do with illegal immigrants. Two posts ago, you said you were fine with higher skilled workers coming here legally and paying taxes. Then you complain about higher skilled workers coming here legally to take jobs and pay taxes. Make up your mind. You're getting your lame stories mixed up, I am sure unintentionally...

https://money.cnn.com/2016/01/25/techno ... index.html
Last edited by twocoach on Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

:lol:

what a turd
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:01 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:07 am

I want people to immigrate legally, to pay taxes, and to assimilate into the culture. Ask London what it is like when that doesn't happen. I want Americans to have first priority for jobs and for my tax dollars to help and support people who are here legally. I'm all for people contributing positively, so long as it is done in a legal manner.
Ok, you and I basically want the same things.
I fully admit I don't know all the details of the law/s in regards to employment when it comes to migrants/immigrants/aliens/defectors/and whatever other words and designations people use. Do you?
I'm asking because the guy working at your local 7/11 might not be a "legal" immigrant but by law he may have the right to be working at 7/11. So do you have a problem with him? If so, shouldn't your problem be more with the law than the person? Which it may be. I don't know.

I just thought about this as I was responding.
You (meaning you - Psych) need some repairs/improvements on your home. They send over a crew of 4.
You have no idea if any of them are an "illegal". Do you ask the manager/owner of the company if they sent over any illegals? Next question. If the "illegal" is respectful to you, and doing a fantastic job and is by far the best of the 4 workers, does it make a difference to you in regards to if you want him gone or not?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

In Mrs Overlanders’ world, the research labs are mostly assembled utilizing Visa status staff.

Why? Because they come in better educated and more prepared for the difficult and demanding work that they do than Americans typically are.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i absolutely loved having non-Americans in the labs i was a part of. the experience, and the science, was enriched by their presence

can’t say enough about the benefit of having people around me with different life experiences and perspectives
Last edited by KUTradition on Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:49 am i absolutely loved having non-Americans in the labs i was a part of. the experience, and the science, was enriched by their presence

can’t say enough about the benefit of having people me with different life experiences and perspectives
I am in IT and thoroughly agree with this. I have worked with people from Africa, South America, Europe and Asia and have been better off for it. Always interesting to hear perspectives on how to do things differently that our country is slower to adopt.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

God BLESS the undocumented workers keeping Social Security solvent for our real American seniors!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/18/us/undoc ... index.html

But don't let facts get in the way of a good rube boogeyman story.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

When you point out that these workers contribute significantly to the cash chest, yet get very little from it….
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton was on CNN this morning parroting the same talking point. I'd guess he got the party memo titled "WTF Are We Going To Do Now That Biden Isn't Our Opponent?!" The interviewer asked him multiple times how he could call Harris' ascendence a "coup" but to his knowledge, Cotton had never used the same term to describe what happened on Jan 6th. Cotton merely avoided the question, in his usual lame-ass, evasive way.

Every time I see Cotton I wonder how in the F he got into and out of Harvard. He consistently promotes the most banal, easily refutable memes, and when confronted just keeps avoiding the question until the interviewer gives up or the time runs out. Of course, the only people he needs to appeal to are his constituents, the Psychs of the world, so that likely explains it.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Overlander wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:49 am When you point out that these workers contribute significantly to the cash chest, yet get very little from it….
Just a few million more undocumented workers and maybe we could start talking about more tax cuts for me.

I only take up one job leaving the rest for you schmucks, I think that deserves some sort of compensation, don't you?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Just hand them a stipend check after they vote!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:13 am
Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton was on CNN this morning parroting the same talking point. I'd guess he got the party memo titled "WTF Are We Going To Do Now That Biden Isn't Our Opponent?!" The interviewer asked him multiple times how he could call Harris' ascendence a "coup" but to his knowledge, Cotton had never used the same term to describe what happened on Jan 6th. Cotton merely avoided the question, in his usual lame-ass, evasive way.

Every time I see Cotton I wonder how in the F he got into and out of Harvard. He consistently promotes the most banal, easily refutable memes, and when confronted just keeps avoiding the question until the interviewer gives up or the time runs out. Of course, the only people he needs to appeal to are his constituents, the Psychs of the world, so that likely explains it.
my exact feelings about hawley
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:02 pm runs in the family

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -sexy.html
What a disgusting pig. Just like his father.

WTF does it say that if '16 and '20 are prologue, a majority of White women will vote for him this Nov, again.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman