Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Jayhawks in the NBA

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:07 pm Didn’t Blake sit out for one of those big matchups?
I think you sort of got the joke. I seem to somewhat recall he played in one game against KU in 2 seasons and he did nothing in that one game. I very well may be mistaken. I probably am.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Blake played against Kansas on 1/14/08. Blake played 5min and Cole played 13min.

Cole made a really strong impression during that brief matchup.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ohh that jokester.

I think 09 was his star year and he sat out the Cole matchup
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Maybe they had good matchups in the McDonalds AA game/practices? Or in AAU? They are the same age.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:54 am Maybe they had good matchups in the McDonalds AA game/practices? Or in AAU? They are the same age.
Maybe but the original question was "Toughest opponent you played against in the Big 12" followed by "individual player in the Big 12".

Some BG / CA content....
Seems they are buds.

"Afterward, Blake Griffin said, “Cole was amazing. The way he played with the second unit, setting screen and rolls, he was just out there to do his job. I think that is a huge quality for him. That was a prime example of being a star in your role and not trying to reach outside of that.”
https://www.dailynews.com/2016/01/08/co ... -can-play/

Also....
https://www.nba.com/clippers/news/how-c ... st-to-gain
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:11 am
DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:54 am Maybe they had good matchups in the McDonalds AA game/practices? Or in AAU? They are the same age.
Maybe but the original question was "Toughest opponent you played against in the Big 12" followed by "individual player in the Big 12".

Some BG / CA content....
Seems they are buds.

"Afterward, Blake Griffin said, “Cole was amazing. The way he played with the second unit, setting screen and rolls, he was just out there to do his job. I think that is a huge quality for him. That was a prime example of being a star in your role and not trying to reach outside of that.”
https://www.dailynews.com/2016/01/08/co ... -can-play/

Also....
https://www.nba.com/clippers/news/how-c ... st-to-gain
Side note - Six degrees of Gutter.....
I have/had a BG connection. Hooked me up with some gear.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Devonte portland
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

With the roster over there maybe best chance to get some PT though I kinda think Vontes NBA run might be over.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:38 am With the roster over there maybe best chance to get some PT though I kinda think Vontes NBA run might be over.
His defense is sort of an issue. It always has been to an extent, but I think it's maybe more pronounced the last year or so.

He's made a nice living. Should stick around a few more years because he seems to be a liked vet in the locker room.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

beav:

he seems like the kinda guy who endears to Chauncey. They're prob gonna need a 2nd unit PG anyway.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Supposedly it's a non guaranteed one year deal. Feels like it could be devontes last contract, unless something crazy happens

He had a good run. Had a season where he averaged 18 and 7 that landed him a 4 year contract for almost 50 million
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

He’s skilled, both as a shooter and as a pg, but also not exceptional size or athleticism.

And exceptional size and athleticism is sort of the nba’s thing.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

That's awesome. Still locking in 4 more years in the league as a role player
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Can Kansas’ Mario Chalmers — a high school, college & NBA champ — win one more title?
Former University of Kansas combo guard Mario Chalmers won two state basketball championships at Bartlett High School in Anchorage, Alaska (2002, 2003), an NCAA title at KU (2008) and a pair of NBA crowns with the Miami Heat (2012, 2013).

The 38-year-old Jayhawk legend, believed to be one of 17 NBA players to win the biggest prize in high school, college and the NBA, this weekend has a chance to snare a third championship on the professional level.

Chalmers’ 3’s Company team (8-2) will meet Bivouac (9-1) in the championship game of Ice Cube’s Big3 League at 2 p.m. Central on Sunday at TD Garden in Boston. The title game will be shown live on CBS.

Chalmers has been part of the Big3 (three-on-three league) since 2019, when he was taken 22nd overall in the league’s draft.

The 3’s Company roster is headlined by Chalmers and former Kansas State standout forward Michael Beasley, a strong candidate for MVP of the league. Reggie Evans, who played in the NBA 13 seasons, is also on the team as well as former Boston College player Sean Williams and former Florida A&M player Nasir Core. The head coach is five-time NBA champ Michael Cooper.

Chalmers is fourth in the league in 3-pointers made (13). He’s 13-of-30 for 43.3%.

Here’s a scouting report on Chalmers’ 3’s Company team courtesy of the Big3.com Website: “For the first time since losing the 2018 Big3 Championship, 3’s Company is back in the playoffs and has the depth to make some noise. Michael Beasley has once again been one of the top scorers in the league but they also have the supporting cast to back him up. Reggie Evans has always been one of the best rebounders in the league and is the lone player on this team who’s played in a Big3 championship.

“Add in a couple shot makers in Mario Chalmers and rookie of the year candidate Nasir Core alongside one of the top shot blockers in Sean Williams and it’s hard to find weaknesses in this team’s game.”
pause for some KU Hoops Trivia!

Without reading the next part, can you name the other KU players to hold the same HS/College/Pro champ distinction as Super Nintendo Chalmers?

...if you made it this far you're prob cheating.

Here’s a list of the 17 NBA players to win titles in high school, college and the NBA, led by three Kansas Jayhawks — Christian Braun, Chalmers and Sasha Kaun. The others: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Lucius Allen, Shane Battier, Quinn Buckner, Tom Gola, Gail Goodrich, Cliff Hagan, Magic Johnson, Jerry Lucas, Glen Rice, Rick Robey, Bill Russell, Jason Terry and Bill Walton.
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... 34240.html
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I knew Christian Braun...do I win anything
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you know that Alaska competition was top notch
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Dok headed overseas

signed with KK Buducnost Voli in Montenegro
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Sounds like Braun is keeping #0 and Westbrook will be #4 this year for the Nuggets. Westbrook asked for #0 and CB said no apparently.