KU FB offseason

Kansas Football.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: KU FB offseason

Post by KUTradition »

just discovered these for anyone not able to visit:

https://kugatewaydistrict.com/live-cameras/
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Thinking more about the upcoming season and all the potential it possesses from a success (tangible) standpoint. That makes me excited.

Then I get nervous as a lot of that potential rides on a QB that has been made of glass the last two years. But here we go!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Jason Bean selected number 1 overall in the UFL draft.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:12 pm Jason Bean selected number 1 overall in the UFL draft.
I had to look up "UFL".

I hope he can do better:

What do players get paid to play in the UFL? According to the league, each player gets a salary of $50,000 plus a weekly housing stipend of $400, which starts at the end of training camp and lasts for a minimum of 10 weeks.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The UFL season is fewer than three months.
I'd take 50k in three months plus a stipend.

But yes, let's hope he lands on an NFL roster.
JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

https://www2.kusports.com/sports/colleg ... game-days/

Free buses for roughly 1k students. Doesn't seem like enough, but getting students to the games in KC was always going to be a challenge this year particularly.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JayhawkInIowa726 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:43 pm https://www2.kusports.com/sports/colleg ... game-days/

Free buses for roughly 1k students. Doesn't seem like enough, but getting students to the games in KC was always going to be a challenge this year particularly.
Setting aside that there is certainly nothing bad about taking hundreds or possibly 1,000.00 drunk students off the road, there is some absurdity here - we are talking about one drive that takes about the time of one (1) MWF lecture class, and another drive that takes about as long as you need to leave your seat at Memorial and buy a beer.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

The absurdity is playing at Camarohead to begin with.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:13 pm The absurdity is playing at Camarohead to begin with.
I agree but it’s a tough spot here because if they are actually really good then they’ll get more fans than Mercy can hold.

If it were me, all would be at Mercy, because fuck MIZZOU.
But dollar bills.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:58 am
Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:13 pm The absurdity is playing at Camarohead to begin with.
I agree but it’s a tough spot here because if they are actually really good then they’ll get more fans than Mercy can hold.

But dollar bills.
Yeah, I know the capacity and $$$ angles.

Which still leads me to one conclusion. Absurd.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Didn't know my buddy has a niece who is a manager for the Football team.
He sent me pics of her Guaranteed Rate Bowl ring.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

But dollar bills.
You guys do realize the average Joe thinks Kansas City is Kansas not Mizzery. It is not named Mizzery City but KANSAS CITY. Perception is Reality.

We getting a new stadium or ok 3/4's and we need a place to play. This new stadium is 20 years overdue and why we get one we play at a NFL stadium should be seen as a win.

There is another side to this. We do not have the funding in place to finish the new stadium. A great KU football season will go a long way for the future of KU.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:13 am Didn't know my buddy has a niece who is a manager for the Football team.

Don’t say anything mean, don’t say anything mean….
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

pdub wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:48 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:13 am Didn't know my buddy has a niece who is a manager for the Football team.

My thoughts exactly
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:27 pm
pdub wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:48 pm

My thoughts exactly
https://www.beverlyreview.net/sports/ar ... 1f17d.html
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No comment.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:01 pmNo comment.
Exactly. Too easy
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

hartjack8 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:32 pm

But dollar bills.
You guys do realize the average Joe thinks Kansas City is Kansas not Mizzery. It is not named Mizzery City but KANSAS CITY. Perception is Reality.

We getting a new stadium or ok 3/4's and we need a place to play. This new stadium is 20 years overdue and why we get one we play at a NFL stadium should be seen as a win.

There is another side to this. We do not have the funding in place to finish the new stadium. A great KU football season will go a long way for the future of KU.
Paragraph 1- so people are dumb. And unaware or unconcerned with their surroundings. Meh.

Paragraph 2- Children’s Mercy is 25 miles from campus. In KANSAS CITY, KANSAS. Even the Chargers took one for a couple years and played in MLS stadium while Kroenke finished his playground.

Paragraph 3- by selling out and playing the majority of home games in Missouri. I’ve always laughed at Sprint/TMobile center games in basketball (especially last year vs Wichita State), but realize that’s a way to placate the cunts in JoCo once a year. (Even though big 12 tourney is there every year, too, so really, lol). KU should be great (on paper) regardless of where they play this year. Should be a fun offensive season, at least, no question….come on JD, don’t be made of glass!

Between the lines- I understand the financial arguments. But fuck that. Let’s just maybe be better? I mean, it’s too late, so I’m just voicing my opinion bc this is so wrong to me, and I realize that too.

I will not agree, on principle, that playing at Arrowhead makes sense for the University of Kansas.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JayhawkInIowa726 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:43 pm https://www2.kusports.com/sports/colleg ... game-days/

It will be enough because I doubt many students go to any of the games. They barely go when KU plays on campus. Now they have to commit to going for the entire time, sign up for the shuttle early to reserve their spot and be at the game for the entire time until the return shuttle.