NFL Offseason 2024

Kansas Football.
DeletedUser

Re: NFL Offseason 2024

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:26 pm Dak is better than mediocre though.
He’s a top 15 QB in the league.
Agreed.

Borderline top 10.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

pdub wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:26 pm Dak is better than mediocre though.
He’s a top 15 QB in the league.
( stats back this up )

Dak has shown far more than Tua or Trevor in his career and those guys just got bank.

He’s right in that just good enough to not win it all zone without an elite defense…so it’s tough.
Ummmm… Top 15 in a 32 team league is kind of the epitome of “mediocre”.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think he’s above average which is better than mediocre…illys right you could maybe put him top 10 - I wouldn’t but with the year he had last you’d have an argument.

Mediocre to me is like Trevor, Tua, Baker, Russ, Geno, Carr, Kyler.

But with all these guys in general it’s tough to wrap so much money up in a QB who is good but very likely not good enough.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

OF COURSE Dak is better than "mediocre".
There were approximately or exactly 66 STARTING QB in the NFL last season.
If a guy is top 10, 15, 20, 25 he is better than mediocre. He's top 25.

Dude was 3rd in the league in yards, 1st in TD, 69.5 completion percentage, 2nd in QBR last season.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea he had a great season but just couldn’t get it done v the Pack ( though that was more Dallas’s defense failing ).
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

He never actually HAS gotten anything meaningful done.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I suppose not but nor have probably most of the starting QBs in the NFL.

Has Josh Allen really done anything?
Or Lamar Jackson?

You got Mahomes, Rodgers, Burrow, Stafford, Purdy, Hurts, Goff ( LA ) and Russ who have been to the Super Bowl.

4 of them have won it and 2 of those 4 won it a while ago.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I also don't think having McCarthy as his head coach is doing him any favors.

I'd rank them:
1. Mahomes
2. Lamar
3. Burrow
4. Allen
5. Rodgers
6. Stafford
7. Dak
8. Hurts
9. Herbert
10. Stroud?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not a bad list.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

pdub wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 6:50 amNot a bad list.
I would swap Hurts and Dak.
Still puts Dak too high IMO.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd like to put Stroud ahead of Dak already but Dak has had multiple 4000 yard/30+ TD seasons.

I'm not ready to put the guys I listed as medicore above Dak:

Trevor, Tua, Baker, Russ, Geno, Carr, Kyler

Then you have guys who have had one good season - Purdy and Jordan Love - and then dudes who have been mediocre in the past - Goff - and then wildcard Kirk Cousins who also hasn't ever done anything.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

How much better would Dak be if his coach was Andy Reid and he had a good GM instead of Jerry Jones?

I think significantly better.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Saw some interesting stats...

Last 50 starts:

Dak WL record = 33-17
Mahomes = 36-14

Dak pass TDs = 105
Mahomes = 105

Dak INT = 38
Mahomes = 39

Dak passer rating = 101.3
Mahomes = 98.9

Dak yards per attempt = 7.6
Mahomes = 7.5

Dak completion % = 68.4
Mahomes = 66.8

I'm not saying Dak is as good as Mahomes, obviously he's not. But those stats sure make it hard to justify Hurts Stroud or Herbert ahead of him. And makes it nearly impossible to put any of those other guys in the next tier we discussed ahead of him. Even Rodgers is living off his past reputation quite a bit at this point.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:00 pm How much better would Dak be if his coach was Andy Reid and he had a good GM instead of Jerry Jones?

I think significantly better.
He would be significantly worse. He wouldn't start over Mahomes.
;)
How much worse would Mahomes be if his coaches were Mike McCarthy and Jason Garrett and he had Jerry Jones as his GM?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

D.J. Moore getting paid. Might want to legally change his name to D.J. A Lot Moore or D.J. M$$re.
Insane to me. He might not even be the 2nd best receiver on his team (are Allen and Odunze better?).
Basically telling me that Allen is a short term rental. Which is fine.
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:37 am Saw some interesting stats...

Last 50 starts:

Dak WL record = 33-17
Mahomes = 36-14

Dak pass TDs = 105
Mahomes = 105

Dak INT = 38
Mahomes = 39

Mahomes = 98.9

Mahomes = 7.5

Dak completion % = 68.4
Mahomes = 66.8

I'm not saying Dak is as good as Mahomes, obviously he's not. But those stats sure make it hard to justify Hurts Stroud or Herbert ahead of him. And makes it nearly impossible to put any of those other guys in the next tier we discussed ahead of him. Even Rodgers is living off his past reputation quite a bit at this point.
I'm guessing this is regular season starts.

I'll counter with this then - for probably 70% of those games Mahomes best receivers were a busted JuJu Schuster, Mr. Drops-a-lot MVS and a rookie Rashee Rice who didn't get regular snaps until the second half of the season. His best RB was a 7th rounder who isn't adept at receiving.

Dallas's defenses over that same time period have gotten quite a bit more take aways which gives the offense favorable field position and the chance to get more TD's.

And finally, i'd argue over those 50 games, Dallas has had the better offensive line.

Your counter will be - but but Kelce.
Well, when your best WRs are the players mentioned above you can double team Kelce.

Meanwhile, Dak in that same time period has had CeeDee Lamb, Amari Cooper, Brandin Cooks and Michael Gallup. His RB's were Zeke and Tony Pollard - both whom are solid pass catchers.

If Hollywood can stay healthy, Worthy plays up to his draft position and Rashee is suspended for fewer than 5 games then let's compare their stats after this season.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:31 am
DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:37 am Saw some interesting stats...

Last 50 starts:

Dak WL record = 33-17
Mahomes = 36-14

Dak pass TDs = 105
Mahomes = 105

Dak INT = 38
Mahomes = 39

Mahomes = 98.9

Mahomes = 7.5

Dak completion % = 68.4
Mahomes = 66.8

I'm guessing this is regular season starts.

I'll counter with this then - for probably 70% of those games Mahomes best receivers were a busted JuJu Schuster, Mr. Drops-a-lot MVS and a rookie Rashee Rice who didn't get regular snaps until the second half of the season. His best RB was a 7th rounder who isn't adept at receiving.

Dallas's defenses over that same time period have gotten quite a bit more take aways which gives the offense favorable field position and the chance to get more TD's.

And finally, i'd argue over those 50 games, Dallas has had the better offensive line.

Your counter will be - but but Kelce.
Well, when your best WRs are the players mentioned above you can double team Kelce.

Meanwhile, Dak in that same time period has had CeeDee Lamb, Amari Cooper, Brandin Cooks and Michael Gallup. His RB's were Zeke and Tony Pollard - both whom are solid pass catchers.

If Hollywood can stay healthy, Worthy plays up to his draft position and Rashee is suspended for fewer than 5 games then let's compare their stats after this season.
No counter from me. I agree with all that.

My point was more about Dak vs the guys around on my list. Not Dak vs Mahomes.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea, I know ( and I also agree as I generally think Dak is a good QB ) I just had to come in defending my boy Mahomes.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

You can really only compare Mahomes head to head vs a handful of QBs. None of which are still playing in the NFL.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ju Ju released from the Pats.
Another dude that Mahomes made look good.